Boxing The Boxing Thread

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gallen saying he has made 25mill out of boxing then outscoring Hodges, nice work.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well done Gal, what a machine he has been.
Never disliked him ever even at Sharks, always respected him, how many years did he do 2 hitups in one set, never catted it ever.
Actually got my son a Birthday message from him, wasn't that expensive and he did such a good job of it, i highly recommend anyone who has a son or dad even, its a blast.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This guy is my go to war history guy, but this is a fascinating discussion about whether boxers from yesteryear could beat the current heavyweight flops . . .

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Herald Sun

‘Very disappointed’: Tim Tszyu’s world title shot postponed in huge setback

Tim Tszyu will need to wait a little longer for his world title shot after his fight with Jermell Charlo was put on ice.
Fox Sports
December 25, 2022 - 12:10PM

22cd2865ced069b5a55c584743c6ead7.jpg

Boxing: Tim Tszyu has laughed criticism that he'll be outmatched against Jermell Charlo after he was knocked down in his fight against Terrell Gausha

Tim Tszyu will need to wait a little longer for his world title shot.
The Australian boxer’s highly-anticipated fight with Jermell Charlo, originally scheduled for January 28, has been postponed after the American champion injured his hand in training.

Charlo broke his hand in two places after landing a punch while sparring at a Houston gym on Tuesday. The 32-year-old’s hand will be in a cast for two months before rehabilitation resumes.

There is currently no new date for the rescheduled bout.

“I was sparring, and I threw this nice punch and as soon as it landed, I knew something was wrong. I felt my hand throbbing right away,’’ Charlo said in a statement.

“I had two X-rays and an MRI to see what was wrong. It showed it was broken in two places. I hate this feeling. My hand will be in a cast for two months. I’m as disappointed as the fans, maybe more, because this was my first chance to defend the undisputed title.

“The way I am, I would have beaten Tim Tszyu with one hand, but the doctors and the boxing commission won’t allow that. It’s even more dangerous when a lion faces adversity and has to come back to defend the pride. I’ve been training since July, and I’ve been hitting harder than ever, and these are the things that happen when you push yourself to the limits. After my hand heals, I’m coming back stronger than ever to defend my legacy.’’

005b2d6d71faf60c96ab8957d3985ea9.jpg

Tim Tszyu. Photo by Brendon Thorne/Getty Images

No. 1 contender Tszyu confessed he was “very disappointed” by the setback.

“I felt like the stars aligned for undisputed … but we move on,” Tszyu said.

“I’m ready to take on the next mandatory challenger. I’ll be back for Charlo once he is ready and healed.”

Charlo became the undisputed champion after defeating Brian Castano in May this year, unifying all four titles.

Tzuyu sat ringside at Dignity Healty Sports Park in Los Angeles to watch the fight and is the mandatory challenger for the WBO belt.

The Australian arrived in America in November to begin preparations, and Fox Sports’ Nick Walshaw revealed how secretive his training camp in the lead-up to the bout has been.

While it remains to be seen when the fight will be rescheduled to, Tszyu will likely employ the same tactics, keeping only his trainer Igor Goloubev and a small crew in his empty gym.

The push for privacy is being driven by Tszyu’s manager Glen Jennings, whose caution comes from having twice dealt with serious spying scandals when preparing the fighter’s Hall of Fame father

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dam, an actual boxing match I was really looking forward to.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
It's just delaying the inevitable I think. Would love nothing more than to see Charlo asleep on the canvas though.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is Murtazaliev who the above article talks about..believes he could knock both Charlo and Tzuyu out.. Gosh I’d love a a dollar for every boxer who has said that about his rivals, lol. .A very interesting division..it will be a good watch to see how 2023 pans out..

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can someone please explain to this idiot (ie: me) what an interim title belt is?