Boxing The Boxing Thread

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, dropped Fury twice and still coudnt beat him. Tyson was at his best at 20/21 while Cus was alive, after that things slowly started to unravel and was never the baddest man on the planet after Douglas rose from that uppercut and knocked his ass out.
Wilders face mask was to heavy.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really, he will easily dispence with Joshua after Anthony avenges his recent defeat. There has been plenty of very good heavyweights over the years including the Klitchcos and Joshua, Larry Holmes, Micheal Moorer, Spinks, Ruiz, Tucker, Dougles, Bowe, Berbick etc that at some pointy held a title but the really good ones can occasionally have a defeat but come back and win again.

Maybe Joshua gets a gernsey if revenges again and then beats Fury.
I respectfully disagree..fighters like Ken Norton, who didn’t win a title , could beat most of the guys you just mentioned, including Fury..

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joshua wouldn’t be able to beat either of these two.

Fury will become The undisputed heavyweight champion.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Yep, dropped Fury twice and still coudnt beat him. Tyson was at his best at 20/21 while Cus was alive, after that things slowly started to unravel and was never the baddest man on the planet after Douglas rose from that uppercut and knocked his ass out.
That's because Tysons lifestyle choices fucked him. Make no mistake if you get dropped by Tyson in his prime you ain't getting back up. Let alone twice

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree..fighters like Ken Norton, who didn’t win a title , could beat most of the guys you just mentioned, including Fury..
Agree mate, Ken Norton was a maligned fighter that never got the breaks he should have. But to say he would beat the likes of Riddick Bowe, Anthony Joshua or the Klitchco brothers, let alone the Gyps all at some point world title holders.. To qoute you good self, "thats a big call" :-)

And Ken certainly wasn't in the same class as Ali, Tyson, Forman, Lewis or Frazer. IMHO.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's because Tysons lifestyle choices fucked him. Make no mistake if you get dropped by Tyson in his prime you ain't getting back up. Let alone twice
Douglas did and he coudn't drop Holyfield in either fight. But like I said I think Mikes best/prime was under Cus. The best evil Heavyweight match up of all time would have been the Tyson that initially unified the 3 big world titles vs the George Forman that destroyed Joe Frazier in his prime...

That would be the heavyweight version of Hagler/Hearns.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree mate, Ken Norton was a maligned fighter that never got the breaks he should have. But to say he would beat the likes of Riddick Bowe, Anthony Joshua or the Klitchco brothers, let alone the Gyps all at some point world title holders.. To qoute you good self, "thats a big call" :-)

And Ken certainly wasn't in the same class as Ali, Tyson, Forman, Lewis or Frazer. IMHO.
I don’t know..he did beat Ali once and broke his jaw.. He went extremely close to beating him in third bout..many pundits had Norton actually winning.. Although Foreman dispatched him in two Rounds.. Which makes Ali’s defeat of Foreman the more remarkable..

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t know..he did beat Ali once and broke his jaw.. He went extremely close to beating him in third bout..many pundits had Norton actually winning..
Yep, and like I said bud I am a fan of Kens just things did not pan out for him and with pricks like Don King around thats not surprising. He was definately a top heavyweight in the day.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t know..he did beat Ali once and broke his jaw.. He went extremely close to beating him in third bout..many pundits had Norton actually winning.. Although Foreman dispatched him in two Rounds.. Which makes Ali’s defeat of Foreman the more remarkable..
I have Ali-Norton III on an old VHS... Norton was better in that fight

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the Michael Spinks fight was probably Tyson's last peak performance

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the Michael Spinks fight was probably Tyson's last peak performance
Yep I agee but to be fair Spinks look terrified even walking into the ring. I like what Mike did to Holmes and his fights against Bowe were great.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep I agee but to be fair Spinks look terrified even walking into the ring. I like what Mike did to Holmes and his fights against Bowe were great.
like most of Tyson's early opponents, lost before the fight started... explains why Holyfield did so well against Tyson... he was not scared and went after Tyson

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have Ali-Norton III on an old VHS... Norton was better in that fight
Fight on You-Tube.. commentator pissed at the end.. You could tell Ali was starting to get Parkinson..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Never seen a bloke so scared..even the commentator says it!

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best boxing fight in a very long time! Had everything in it

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fight on You-Tube.. commentator pissed at the end.. You could tell Ali was starting to get Parkinson..
there is a ESPN 30 for 30 examining the Ali v Holmes fight called "Muhammad and Larry" which is well worth a watch... Ali's former doctor (Ferdie Pacheco?) stopped working with Ali because he was clearly in decline (slurring his speech, lack of coordination, slowing of thought etc.) and yet kept fighting.. and Holmes hammered him... 10 round TKO... Ali barely through a punch... and the doc maintained that everyone involved with the fight should have gone to prison

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
there is a ESPN 30 for 30 examining the Ali v Holmes fight called "Muhammad and Larry" which is well worth a watch... Ali's former doctor (Ferdie Pacheco?) stopped working with Ali because he was clearly in decline (slurring his speech, lack of coordination, slowing of thought etc.) and yet kept fighting.. and Holmes hammered him... 10 round TKO... Ali barely through a punch... and the doc maintained that everyone involved with the fight should have gone to prison
Sounds good.. Absolutely..Yes very very sad.. Apparently Holmes was telling the Ref to stop it..I can’t believe they let him fight again against Berbick! He should have retired after Leon Spinks.. as champ..meant too..like Lewis..he avenged every loss..

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good.. Absolutely..Yes very very sad.. Apparently Holmes was telling the Ref to stop it..I can’t believe they let him fight again against Berbick! He should have retired after Leon Spinks.. as champ..meant too..like Lewis..he avenged every loss..
in the greatest era of heavyweights, Ali was the best... that should have been enough

too many bloodsuckers around though

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Joshua wouldn’t be able to beat either of these two.

Fury will become The undisputed heavyweight champion.
While olysk looks like half the size of fury I wo
Douglas did and he coudn't drop Holyfield in either fight. But like I said I think Mikes best/prime was under Cus. The best evil Heavyweight match up of all time would have been the Tyson that initially unified the 3 big world titles vs the George Forman that destroyed Joe Frazier in his prime...

That would be the heavyweight version of Hagler/Hearns.
Yeah ofcourse. Tyson wasn't at his prime for long. What could have been if he had the right guidance