Boxing The Boxing Thread

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Geeze theses blokes would not last long with prime Lewis, Holyfield or Tyson.. Heavyweight Boxing quality gone down the tube..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Geeze theses blokes would not last long with prime Lewis, Holyfield or Tyson.. Heavyweight Boxing quality gone down the tube..
First time in ages I've watched a heavyweight championship match and quality wise quite poor compared to what you named.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
honestly, the heavyweight division is better now than it was when W. Klitschko was the champion
No doubt..but compared to other eras..really pale in comparison…

Last edited:

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt..but the compared other eras..really pale in comparison…
Joshua is an athlete, Wilder a puncher, but Fury just might be someone that could compete with greats from the past... he is 6'9", 275 pounds, surprisingly mobile, technically proficient etc.

I think a prime Tyson though with his peak-a-boo style advancing and getting under Fury's left with knockout power in both fists would deal with Fury

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Great fight!

Fury was way ahead when he got the KO.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
I wish they both koed each other. Both a bunch of gronks.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Joshua is an athlete, Wilder a puncher, but Fury just might be someone that could compete with greats from the past... he is 6'9", 275 pounds, surprisingly mobile, technically proficient etc.

I think a prime Tyson though with his peak-a-boo style advancing and getting under Fury's left with knockout power in both fists would deal with Fury
Mate fury could not compete with Tyson in his prime. Not even close

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fury is the real deal and a shame he threw away a big chunk of his prime to drugs n shit. The heavyweight debate has always been a tough one but I think Fury is up there with Ali, Foreman, Holyfield, Lewis, Frazer, Marciano and Iron Mike as a prolific heavyweight and a class above the rest.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I agree..I think Holyfield and Lewis, both technically great would beat him too..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fury is the real deal and a shame he threw away a big chunk of his prime to drugs n shit. The heavyweight debate has always been a tough one but I think Fury is up there with Ali, Foreman, Holyfield, Lewis, Frazer, Marciano and Iron Mike as a prolific heavyweight and a class above the rest.
Whoa..that’s a big call..

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Fury is under every single one of those fighters. He has a big engine I give him that. His endurance is supreme for someone that big but if wilder can drop him twice then imagine what iron Mike would do lol

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What a fight Fury is GOAT. Wilder, had heart but wasn’t enough, extra weight against a beast.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whoa..that’s a big call..
Not really, he will easily dispence with Joshua after Anthony avenges his recent defeat. There has been plenty of very good heavyweights over the years including the Klitchcos and Joshua, Larry Holmes, Micheal Moorer, Spinks, Ruiz, Tucker, Dougles, Bowe, Berbick etc that at some pointy held a title but the really good ones can occasionally have a defeat but come back and win again.

Maybe Joshua gets a gernsey if revenges again and then beats Fury.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fury is under every single one of those fighters. He has a big engine I give him that. His endurance is supreme for someone that big but if wilder can drop him twice then imagine what iron Mike would do lol
Yep, dropped Fury twice and still coudnt beat him. Tyson was at his best at 20/21 while Cus was alive, after that things slowly started to unravel and was never the baddest man on the planet after Douglas rose from that uppercut and knocked his ass out.