THE BOLTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put the boot in alot about grub too lol, most of it is my rage for us not doing well. He is a good player, I personally am tired of him, but I know he is a good player. You dont get to two GFs as a half or win a SOO series and be shit. I dont care that we lost the GFs, getting there as a team and a player is hard in its self.
Totally agree bro.
He can be very frustrating at times and im in the same boat i lose it hard for his stupidity but whats not to say he's got personal issues or jus not being able to adapt to the fukd up structures set in place, along with most of the team.

Like ive said all along, he just needs a more mature half beside him and a bit of freedom to play what he sees without des popping into his mind.
He maybe an experienced 1st grader but doesn't mean he's a mature 1st grader if that makes sense.

Moses is still young but i see him to be a more mature and crafty player just needs abit more games under his belt to fulfill everyones expectations.

Reynolds has a big ticker and tries too hard at times but he doesn't deserve all the bagging thats for sure.

Fuck i said no essay and suprise suprise..

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree bro.
He can be very frustrating at times and im in the same boat i lose it hard for his stupidity but whats not to say he's got personal issues or jus not being able to adapt to the fukd up structures set in place, along with most of the team.

Like ive said all along, he just needs a more mature half beside him and a bit of freedom to play what he sees without des popping into his mind.
He maybe an experienced 1st grader but doesn't mean he's a mature 1st grader if that makes sense.

Moses is still young but i see him to be a more mature and crafty player just needs abit more games under his belt to fulfill everyones expectations.

Reynolds has a big ticker and tries too hard at times but he doesn't deserve all the bagging thats for sure.

Fuck i said no essay and suprise suprise..
I agree with comments in regards to Josh,he does play a bit eratic at times and looks likes a crazy man on the field.
But he sure does put in 100 % effort,it seems like when we are behind on the score board that he tries a bit too hard.
His mind goes into overdrive to produce a win,this is not ideal for our main play maker.
Josh needs to stay focused and not try to score of every set of six.Picking his moments of attack.
I'll give him this,he is a Bulldog through and through and wears his heart on his sleeve.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think what people are saying Marley is Moses goes missing in big moments in tight stages of the game, or when the team is down. Stats wont say that. If he handles the ball more then thats what it will show, it wont show WHEN he handles the ball. Unless you can get stats on that, which I dont know where to look. I think he does AT TIMES as well. I like him TBH, and even though I am sick of Grub I like him too. Moses (at times) is like a bball player who carves up in the first three 1/4s, racking up the stats and points but when its sqeaky bum time, the fourth 1/4 they go missing. Mbye does this, imo. Not all the time, because he did win a few games too if i recall, but at the end of the season he went missing a few times.
And i don't completely agree with that. He sticks to our structures and people mistake it for going missing because they continue to view our 7 as a halfback rather than the actual role he has been given. Obviously id like him to get the ball much more but his lack of ball in key moments is down to our structures.

How many times have we seen Graham cut infront of him at key moments? Again an issue with our structures and only backs up the point i am making. I actually had a heat map from early in the season that showed where and when Moses handled the ball in game. The large majority of his possessions were all in the same corridor on the edge and more often than not on the same tackle. Again this also backs up my point on our over structured play that he would stick to whereas Reynolds would be more eratic because of his nature.

This season if he is given the chance to have more freedom and is actually given the ball with the forwards in support, then people can talk about him going missing if he isn't if he isn't getting the ball at key times. But atm, i can't cop that because i don't believe he has even been given the chance to be that player thanks to our structures.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And i don't completely agree with that. He sticks to our structures and people mistake it for going missing because they continue to view our 7 as a halfback rather than the actual role he has been given. Obviously id like him to get the ball much more but his lack of ball in key moments is down to our structures.

How many times have we seen Graham cut infront of him at key moments? Again an issue with our structures and only backs up the point i am making. I actually had a heat map from early in the season that showed where and when Moses handled the ball in game. The large majority of his possessions were all in the same corridor on the edge and more often than not on the same tackle. Again this also backs up my point on our over structured play that he would stick to whereas Reynolds would be more eratic because of his nature.

This season if he is given the chance to have more freedom and is actually given the ball with the forwards in support, then people can talk about him going missing if he isn't if he isn't getting the ball at key times. But atm, i can't cop that because i don't believe he has even been given the chance to be that player thanks to our structures.
Understand what your saying. I do. But to be fair, same can be said for4 reynolds and where/when he gets the ball.

Most know Mbye has better skills and Reynolds has the better passion, intensity and drive. But BOTH are equally hampered by our structure and deal with this in their own way.... you said it yourself, they play the same role on their respective sides of the field, if one is disadvantaged by the overall game plan, in theory the other should be too.

2017 we should see both mbye and josh being given a bigger role. Then we can decide is A is better then B or even if they actually compliment each other....

Trust me... 2017, start with a clean slate towards all bulldogs (des included)... from my source, the club hasnt seen so many drastic preseason internal shake-ups since the 11/12 preseason...

If it isnt successful, heads will roll. But we owe it to every player/coach/admin and the club to start with a clear slate for doing what they have this preseason. Ita truely incredible

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Yeah I can agree wth that too. Im not as against the structures, as you, but I see what you're saying. I hate the structures though lol. I am of the opinion that Mbye is the better player and more to offer in the long run.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed that Woolford deserves a go as hooker. Hes better than the alternatives.
I would also like to see Cleeland have a go at half to play alongside Reynolds.
Mbye to the centres.
I reckon Mbye could be a very handy fullback, Sunday can bugger off to church

Reaction score
I reckon Mbye could be a very handy fullback, Sunday can bugger off to church
yeah i'd love to see moses at fullback playing a barba type style, but we'd need to sign a halfback.
don't know anything about cleeland, so it would be interesting to see how he goes, but why hasn't he played before if he is good enough?

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah i'd love to see moses at fullback playing a barba type style, but we'd need to sign a halfback.
don't know anything about cleeland, so it would be interesting to see how he goes, but why hasn't he played before if he is good enough?
I seem to recall Mbye playing a host of different positions in the lower grades when he and Klem were wrecking kids lives and he was always pretty good wherever he played

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Understand what your saying. I do. But to be fair, same can be said for4 reynolds and where/when he gets the ball.

Most know Mbye has better skills and Reynolds has the better passion, intensity and drive. But BOTH are equally hampered by our structure and deal with this in their own way.... you said it yourself, they play the same role on their respective sides of the field, if one is disadvantaged by the overall game plan, in theory the other should be too.

2017 we should see both mbye and josh being given a bigger role. Then we can decide is A is better then B or even if they actually compliment each other....

Trust me... 2017, start with a clean slate towards all bulldogs (des included)... from my source, the club hasnt seen so many drastic preseason internal shake-ups since the 11/12 preseason...

If it isnt successful, heads will roll. But we owe it to every player/coach/admin and the club to start with a clear slate for doing what they have this preseason. Ita truely incredible
The majority of our players can do better with some genuine footy structures in place, i just believe some can do much better than others.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Would love to believe this, but given our past two seasons can't

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would love to believe this, but given our past two seasons can't
I know. Part of me doubts anything will change. But being optimistic is far healthier then being pessimistic

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa can't pass at nrl standard. Nothing to do with structure. Reynolds can't pass either - too slow and never on target (anyone who thinks Reynolds should be dummy half is kidding). Gives the defence 5 or 6 extra metres every time we do a backline movement when those two are involved. Add in Tolman loitering aimlessly around the ruck and its never going to work. Woolford would be a great start at fixing this massive problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.