• It’s impossible to quantify

Votes: 25 35.2%

• Total voters

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Headline says it all , what’s your biggest problem with the team … my poor missus goes for the dogs and it’s absolute torture watching them with her as I obviously want them to win for her but man it’s hard work , besides I follow the raiders so I have my own problems haha

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That its still going to be painful for a while.
The biggest and only issue is the obvious, we need an experienced coach.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
- Horrible losing culture/Zero pride
- Lack of fitness, players not strong or explosive enough
- No leadership from the playing group
- Too many passengers
- Terrible Coaches with horrible gameplans
- Below average talent at most positions

Thankfully most of that has been addressed and hopefully by next year we'll be as strong and fit as we were renowned for over three decades.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stupid delay in naming and starting new coach, particlarily if that coach is able to start now...Mick Potter is on a hiding to nothing as the players know he is a caretaker and they will just go thru the motions. Gould needs to act now and get Flanagan to start Monday if he is the pick and let him pick and flick the team he wants and get some results to stop a second spoon while building towards 23. Next week is on;y half way thru the season go fucks sake...

Mick potter should be part of that team.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
- Horrible losing culture/Zero pride
- Lack of fitness, players not strong or explosive enough
- No leadership from the playing group
- Too many passengers
- Terrible Coaches with horrible gameplans
- Below average talent at most positions

Thankfully most of that has been addressed and hopefully by next year we'll be as strong and fit as we were renowned for over three decades.
We’ll definitely be a lot stronger next year under a different coach and with new players arriving but I still think Potter can make a difference this season.
The season has plenty of games left I would expect players try their absolute best with so many contracts in question.
At least show some desperation on the field not looking uninterested or kicking stones down the road, Mick can stamp out those not carrying their weight by a long stint in reserve grade.
Upgrade others coming through.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Main problem is we're still playing 2016/17 Desball, half a decade after the weird deadshit left. Pay couldn't knock it out of us and Barrett couldn't so it's heavily ingrained and now being passed on to the next generation. It's just "lets put on our best resting-sad-faces and try to get into good field position and then just hope for the best".

We definitely need an experienced coach to knock this crap out of us. Our attention to simple detail is the worst of any team ever!

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s a long list of problems, Barrett’s coaching was only part of the problem.

We have a bottom 4 spine.
We have a shit forward pack with 1 or 2 exceptions that are inconsistent week to week anyway.
We don’t know how to win, if we manage get in to a position to win we have no leadership on the field to go on with it.
Most of our ‘big’ signings have been other clubs rejects.
We have half a dozen regular starters that would not get a run at any other NRL club.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stupid delay in naming and starting new coach, particlarily if that coach is able to start now...Mick Potter is on a hiding to nothing as the players know he is a caretaker and they will just go thru the motions. Gould needs to act now and get Flanagan to start Monday if he is the pick and let him pick and flick the team he wants and get some results to stop a second spoon while building towards 23. Next week is on;y half way thru the season go fucks sake...

Mick potter should be part of that team.
This.
I hope they're not delaying naming Flanagan as coach because they're trying to be PC and they want to make it look like they went through a legitimate month long search for a new coach. Gus would know the coach is and I'd be shocked if the deal isn't already done. Forget the optics and let him take charge now...if he's the man

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The biggest issues with the club go back to the end of the Dib era. Then the Andersons wanted to blow the place up and start again. There were other solutions but they thought they were doing the right thing. Those decisions have resulted in years of pain for us and more to come.

Apart from that there’s the losing culture, being unable to attract decent players, the coaches and useless hangers on like Ferris.

xanderalexander

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In order of priority:

1. Delete Matt Dufty
2. Delete Jayden Okunbor
3. Delete Joe Stimson
4. Demote Josh Jackson to bench
5. Give Flanagan a list of criteria he needs to meet each week or be back in reserve grade
6. Put players on notice that if they get the sand hills at Cronulla every morning for the next week if they give a penalty away in the opponents' 40.
7. Anyone who makes 3 or more errors in a match gets reggies for minimum 3 weeks

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Blaming 1 person for it is pretty lazy and ignorant thinking, there is a lot more to it than 1 bad player, coach, ballboy etc causing our problems. Its going to take time to fix because it requires replacing players, the coach now, and other staff. So having a poll to pick 1 person as the biggest problem is stupid.

I dont feel bad for any players or staff who get moved on, because any one of them had plenty of opportunity to make themselves unsackable. We wouldn't remove players if they played as well as we needed. We wouldnt sack coaching staff if they players looked coached or motivated. We arent looking to sack players just because they played in 2021. If the same players we didnt move on yet came out and killed it this year we wouldnt be moving anyone on.

I dont vote for him as the biggest problem, but out of all the players the one that bothers me the most is Dufty. Ive seen enough games of his to know he certainly has some good skills and speed. In patches he can play like a Tedesco, Turbo, Paps like fullback. He just cant do it as often as they do. He just goes MIA. Not sure how much of it is our attack just doesnt give him opportunities in space, but i want Dufty to go well, because when hes on hes exciting to watch, and def has the skills.