The big picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are you sure it's his lineup? He wanted Barba to stay? He wanted to sign Foran? (but then Foran was grilled in front of the board)
Foran was grilled in front of the Board?? really? are you 100% on this% or was he as I would put it "Interviewed" by the board!! How can a Board Grill someone who has nothing to do with the Club? I think interviewed would be a better word, specially if you wanted this person to end up playing for the club.
Hey Guy's.....I have been invited to The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs Board room to be Grilled LOL

dean_aus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Foran was grilled in front of the Board?? really? are you 100% on this% or was he as I would put it "Interviewed" by the board!! How can a Board Grill someone who has nothing to do with the Club? I think interviewed would be a better word, specially if you wanted this person to end up playing for the club.
Hey Guy's.....I have been invited to The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs Board room to be Grilled LOL
Not 100% but putting some faith in Fairfax Media

Canterbury Bulldogs board grills Kieran Foran on off-field woes at the request of Ray Dib

. http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...t-the-request-of-ray-dib-20160917-grimm8.html

dean_aus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Exactly my point Qld Dog. If you want someone to play for you do you "grill them". And did Hasler organise this "meeting"? Appears to be far from it.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm going to take a fresh look at our team and suggest that it was our execution that cost us games in 2016. When I think of the number of dropped balls when tries were on offer, penalties for minor infringements, or too slow in the play the ball - these cost us possession and cost us points.

The team is well trained and can play in auto mode - which is what they do when things are not running according to plan. It's why we have forwards carry the ball up on the 5th, because that's what they know when nothing is on offer.

I think the potential is there is if we stop trying to push things to happen and play a natural game. It would cut down on the forced errors.

Our opposition plan their games around our consistent slowing down the play the ball. It gives them time to set defence, or organise their attack. If we got up quickly to play the ball; or released tackled players immediately, we catch them unprepared, and have a greater impact in attack or defence. The plus is that we concede fewer penalties in our own half and get a better share of the ball. It will require greater levels of fitness, but we have a world class fitness centre - so no excuses. And it might just help us wear down our opposition as we did in the old days.

Status
Not open for further replies.