The best use for T.Williams 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
If he fires up next year, I'll put it down to him contracting Stage 3 Hodkinsons Limpover .... whereby you play like crap for a few years, then suddenly play like a superhero the last year of your contract, thereby having fans relish and praise your performances, and completely forgetting the past few really shitty years.
AKA Cook

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Best use for him next year? Hmmmm lets see....

Why don't we stick a leaf blower up his ass and turn him into one of those whacky, inflatable wavy arm guys
Still too complicated for that dopey ****.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Best use for him next year? Hmmmm lets see....

Why don't we stick a leaf blower up his ass and turn him into one of those whacky, inflatable wavy arm guys
He doesn't make that much of an effort to put his arms out to make a tackle so he wouldn't even be fit to be one of them.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, but that comes more down to lack of self motivation.

At the beginning of this year he made a few decent runs where he bumped his marker off, the problem here is he is playing the man instead of playing the space in between.

This is where the intelligence factor or "footy brain" comes in: play the man if you are 1 on 1 and that's all that's stopping you from scoring, run at the for the gap in general ruck play hoping to create an opportunity for the men outside.

If you think about it that way, could it be argued that he is trying to play too much for himself - or more specifically trying too hard to create points simply off his own power game that he had success with a few years ago?
You mean something like this?
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2gryey

I wish he had half the smarts and determination!

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I never thought I would say this, but the best use for TRex, would be to polish the turnstile out of our club. He has lacked passion, he has lacked drive, he has lacked personal pride. For a bloke half the size of a mountain, who, prior to joining us, demonstrated real ability - has been the biggest disappointment since my first root. He has only continuously played his role as a result of Des justifying his purchase. For his money he has provided **** all. His ability to win us games exists on one hand - or perhaps one finger.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon he would go best on the left and be selcted as left right out

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Replace Frankie on the left edge. Mbye knows how to give him good ball.
Should still use him, some people think he has a contagious disease, hard to criticize someones effort when they get injured at training, getting good ball on the trot is what was needed.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just play him on the wing where he first started. Can't be any worse than Perret.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every player manager knows the Dogs are desperately seeking to offload him. If a buyer can be found he will go immediately. His price is the problem. We are obliged to pay him $600K. Nobody interested even at $300K. Lazy prick.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Every player manager knows the Dogs are desperately seeking to offload him. If a buyer can be found he will go immediately. His price is the problem. We are obliged to pay him $600K. Nobody interested even at $300K. Lazy prick.
Unless they come to terms he'll be with us in 2016, so the question stands.

He could be a good fit at the Broncos under Bennett but I see the Rabbitohs being the most interested

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He Deserves to be charged with impersonating a footballer

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So much potential. What a waste

[video=youtube;M69UKv1VAoE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M69UKv1VAoE[/video]

mygdok

Waterboy
Reaction score
Best use for tony Williams is as a door at ANZ Stadium...although Des would still probably be able to knock it off its hinges.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So much potential. What a waste

[video=youtube;M69UKv1VAoE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M69UKv1VAoE[/video]

So, 95% of that he was playing on the wing or in at center; outside Foran, Thurston or Lockyer. What this really shows is he is most comfortable in the back line. Different positions, different goals in mind.

I'll repeat the question Samurai, you're the coach, what do you do with him? Put him back on the wing?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So, 95% of that he was playing on the wing or in at center; outside Foran, Thurston or Lockyer. What this really shows is he is most comfortable in the back line. Different positions, different goals in mind.

I'll repeat the question Samurai, you're the coach, what do you do with him? Put him back on the wing?
I'd say yes, our current winger perrett cant really take bombs anyway and lets in a fair amount of points so you could take the risk. You could even let him take the place of Lafai at centre who was a passenger this year

It wasn't that long ago that strong stocky wingers were the go to players like Utai, williams not only is a unit he is pretty tall as well (6'4" I think, only an inch shorter then Rona)

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ive said it a million times embarrass him in nsw cup watch him fire up then but itll never happen with des

Status
Not open for further replies.