The best possible team we can field this year .

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I already covered the best poss team last night Ffs

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team I would go

1. Jake Averillo
2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
3. Morgan Harper
4. William Hopoate
5. Remis Smith
6. Kieran Foran
7. Brandon Wakeham
8. Dylan Napa
9. Sione Katoa
10. Ofahiki Ogden
11. Renouf Toomoga
12.Matt Doorey or Jackson Topine (happy with either one to get a shot)
13. Josh Jackson
Bench
14. Jeremy Marshall-King
15. Raymond Falata-Mariner
16. Sauaso Sue
17. Adam Elliott

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
For me it's.
1. Averillo
2. DWZ
3. Harper
4. Hopoate
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. Napa
9. Katoa
10. Tolman
11. Jackson
12. Elliot
13. Sue (not a big fan, but think we need RFM and To'Omaga off the bench for better impact)

14. JMK
15. Mariner
16. To'Omaga
17. Ogden / Britt

I was all for playing Topine and Doorey before that thrashing but fuck playing them now... I'd rather not scar them... Otherwise they will end up like all of Newcastle's juniors during their rough trot.
I like Meaney but it's difficult leaving him out... I would consider playing him over Smith or DWZ because he's actually done what's best for the team instead of having a cry to play a position he's no good at

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Team I would go

1. Jake Averillo
2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
3. Morgan Harper
4. William Hopoate
5. Remis Smith
6. Kieran Foran
7. Brandon Wakeham
8. Dylan Napa
9. Sione Katoa
10. Ofahiki Ogden
11. Renouf Toomoga
12.Matt Doorey or Jackson Topine (happy with either one to get a shot)
13. Josh Jackson
Bench
14. Jeremy Marshall-King
15. Raymond Falata-Mariner
16. Sauaso Sue
17. Adam Elliott
That looks like a great side

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney ( although I prefer Hopoate but we lack centres at our club)
Dwz
Averillo
Hopoate
Crighton / Reimis
Foran
Reynolds
Tolman
Jmk
Napa
Jacko
Elliot
Rfm

toomaga
Kalache / sue
Ogden
Cogger / holland
Crichton ahead of Remis...youve lost all credibility with me and i wont be reading any more of your posts. Ill be skiming past quick fast before i get heartburn.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
01. Reimis Smith
02. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
03. Will Hopoate
04. Morgan Harper
05. Bailey Boindi-ono
06. Jake Averillo
07. Kieron Foran
08. Ofahiki Ogden
09. Jack Cogger
10. Aiden Tolman
11. Josh Jackson (c)
12. Renouf To'omaga
13. ?

14. Sione Katoa
15. Adam Elliott
16. ?
17. Dylan Napa

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Crichton ahead of Remis...youve lost all credibility with me and i wont be reading any more of your posts. Ill be skiming past quick fast before i get heartburn.
Hahah good for you mate I’ve seen more heart from crighton this year than I’ve seen with Reimis . He’s a cat get over it . When the going went tough on the weekend he crumbled .

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As long as Averillo is in the number 1..!!

and kiwidog had the best team last night, this ones covered.!!

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is subjective. I personally think we should be placing players in their best positions long term but that depends where we're recruiting for 2021 and 2022 (which we don't have information to). For e.g. if we were going to sign a top fullback, half and hooker to go with Thompson I'd much rather us stick with something* like this (below) for the remainder of the season. That way we have the players in the right positions for 2021 which is our target year to perform. That might not mean players in their best position for us this year.

1. Meaney - replaced with a top fullback for next year.
2. DWZ - not a fullback and doesn't look like he'll ever be.
3. Averillo - if we signed a top fullback, half and hooker we wouldn't be able to recruit a top centre, blood the kid in centre and see if he can make a fist of it.
4. Hopoate - probably our best fullback option but should be playing centre next year.
5. Reimis - not a centre and doesn't look like he'll ever be.
6. Foran - replaced with a top half for next year (if we're unable to sign a top half, i'd re-sign Foran personally).
7. Wakeham - needs game time, most potential out of lewis, cogger and himself.
8. Tolman - replaced with Thompson for next year.
9. Katoa - replaced with a top hooker for next year.
10. Napa - I hate you.
11. RFM - I think Britt's slightly a better player overall but RFM is a more dangerous ball runner and in theory should create more, we desperately need this in our team.
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

14. JMK - JMK hopefully next year is going to be a utility player or in reserve grade anyways.
15. To'omaga - honestly starting to think he should start over both our starting props, but Tolman useless off the bench and Napa on too much money (same with Tolman really).
16. Britt
17. Sue (Chris Smith when back from injury)

Basically what I'm saying is I don't see us doing much (to me this season is as close to a write off without saying it is - results wise) regardless where players play so we might as well build combinations to go into 2021 with to give us an advantage. This depends where we're recruiting tho (and possibly why Reimis is in the centres to start with).

I agree. Napa hasn't shown anything since moving from a club that obviously didn't want him. I feel he has been hugely disappointing and for someone who was hailed as an enforcer, he more resembles a bloke going through the motions to collect the coin.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree. Napa hasn't shown anything since moving from a club that obviously didn't want him. I feel he has been hugely disappointing and for someone who was hailed as an enforcer, he more resembles a bloke going through the motions to collect the coin.
It doesn't even look like Napa's applying his play style (big hits, intimidating) anymore, even if he was doing it I'd still never appreciate that play style as I'd much rather metre eaters or dynamic props (explosive, creative etc). If Napa was a benchie on a small contract I'd leave him alone but he isn't. Napa just hasn't been a good buy for me. We currently have one of the worst starting prop pairing in the NRL.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Waste of money for sure. I've tried to convince myself that he's valuable asset ... Did the same thing with Woods haha

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It doesn't even look like Napa's applying his play style (big hits, intimidating) anymore, even if he was doing it I'd still never appreciate that play style as I'd much rather metre eaters or dynamic props (explosive, creative etc). If Napa was a benchie on a small contract I'd leave him alone but he isn't. Napa just hasn't been a good buy for me. We currently have one of the worst starting prop pairing in the NRL.
Yep he's a massive disappointment... Compare his deal to what Broncos are paying for Haas it's so depressing lol

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Could that be a cryptic post about being back in the starting 13 this week ?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
01. Will Hopoate
02. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
03. Jake Averillo
04. Morgan Harper
05. Reimis Smith
06. Kieran Foran
07. Brandon Wakeham
08. Ofahiki Ogden
09. Sione Katoa
10. Renouf To'omaga
11. Josh Jackson (c)
12. Adam Elliott
13. Aiden Tolman

14. Lachlan Lewis
15. Jackson Topine
16. Sauaso Sue
17. Dylan Napa
1-3 have made a massive difference in those positions. 8-)