The Barrett clause

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any besides Boyd? It’s certainly not a common thing at all despite the attention the clauses receive.

I should have a Shane Flanagan clause I’m going to find it very hard to get behind that appointment should it happen. Wasting several more years with Kyle at halfback isn’t my idea of a good time.
The other one is Ivan Cleary.
The minute the Tigers didn't sign his son, he activated his get-out clause to join the Panthers. Even got Gus out of the joint in doing so....

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sounds like absolute bullshit. Most players, even some of the ones Baz recruited, will be happy he's finally gone.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rubbish.. he will ruin their careers.. they cant be that stupid
Just hearing on the radio that there is a number of players that have a Barrett clause stipulated in their contracts so it may be a hostage situation. If Barrett goes so could many key playas....

Well done everybody involved
think that would be very unlikely….Barrett has no runs in the board at all. Would think clauses like that would be reserved for the elite coaches.

More likely it is journos with an axe to grind trying to further destabilise the club.

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The staff at Bass Hill Maccers have a higher market value than our gronky players. Lahson tizi go

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doubt it highly. Maybe burton . But kikau and Mahoney are under gus and he doesn’t put clAuses in contracts he’s against it

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can anyone remember a player actually activating one of these clauses over the past 20 years? They always get talked about but I’m struggling to think of one case where it’s ever happened.
Darius Boyd

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just hearing on the radio that there is a number of players that have a Barrett clause stipulated in their contracts so it may be a hostage situation. If Barrett goes so could many key playas....

Well done everybody involved
Is that you Buzz?

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So one minute the players arnt t happy burton and co so the way we are playing etc but now key players have barrett clauses in contracts now .ffs what’s the narrative .these players especially rep players can see barrett and co ain’t working and won’t risk potentially losing rep jerseys cause barrett is good to hangout with and is a good bloke we need a coach who is gonna be hard on the players.
Cause a lot of These players will get chopped Gus won’t keep them

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh f**k me Burton probably done that to get Barrett sacked, and hell he isnt Sonny Bill Williams.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very very much doubt this is true … but if they did it , it would be the likes of burton ,Tpj, Mahoney and Kikau and not because they want to be coached by him but gives them opinions . Barrett gets sacked means the club is struggling big big time .. one of two things this means , they can have the club by the balls and negotiate for more $$$ or that it’s a sign the place is a basket case and not the story they sold so they want to go to another stronger club for similar money

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If any did have it I’d say their thoughts may have change after this years reality check

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very very much doubt this is true … but if they did it , it would be the likes of burton ,Tpj, Mahoney and Kikau and not because they want to be coached by him but gives them opinions . Barrett gets sacked means the club is struggling big big time .. one of two things this means , they can have the club by the balls and negotiate for more $$$ or that it’s a sign the place is a basket case and not the story they sold so they want to go to another stronger club for similar money
Exactly if there is anyone with a Barrett clause it’s been put there so they have the option of getting out of things get ugly enough that the coach is sacked, not because they think Barrett is a good coach.