The Ashes Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Patto bowling well. Siddle with an absolute jaffa to remove root! Looking good so far. Peterson very scratchy so far.

Just read Davey Warner has been sent to play for Australia a against Zimbabwe. Big fall for him. Bloody hell I love the ashes!!! Aussie aussie aussie!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Malla

Reaction score
Agar looks the goods early. Bowling with good pace, nice shape and turn... only thing he needs to get right is his accuracy but looks more likely than Lyon every did.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
also he needs to chuck away the chewing gum, especially when mcgrath is handing him the cap

its a competitive situation, im glad that i chose an aus win in my toss up with a draw bet, 14 wickets tbh so hopefully the sun is out tonight

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why is Ed Cowan in the team? He appears sick or injured.

I do rate him as a player but he was off the field 2 or 3 times when fielding & basically throw away his wicket.

Watson also went too hard with his batting in the conditions. We all know he can hit a ball but he cant concentrate & post a decent score.

The good thing is this test wont end in a draw.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Great day of test cricket, match genuinely in the balance. Love these conditions where there's a real contest between bat and ball. Atmosphere looked unreal also, particularly in the final session when Finn & Anderson were on a roll.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
also he needs to chuck away the chewing gum, especially when mcgrath is handing him the cap

its a competitive situation, im glad that i chose an aus win in my toss up with a draw bet, 14 wickets tbh so hopefully the sun is out tonight
what does 'tbh' mean in this context?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
tbh = to be honest

14 wickets to be honest

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Dead set, Shane Watson has the bones of an osteoarthritic pensioner.

Ed Cowan looked timid at #3, and considering Watson got injured bowling 4 overs, why didn't they drop him down the order (for rest) and open with Cowan ?

Clarke done by a beauty. Nothing he could have done.

Our bowlers are progressing nicely as a pack.
I love Siddle. Proof that heart will beat talent in the end.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow great start by our boys... Fmd!! Smith and Hughes were looking good and now we're crumbling.. Same ol story

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I tuned the tele on just after 8:30pm and Smith was cruising along with Hughes. Then 4 wickets in 15 minutes.

I do agree that its great to see a battle between bat and ball.... but the danger is England playing through the afternoon and then going nuts at the track flattens out.

England is well and truly in the box seat ATM.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
9/126 ****ing disgraceful. I had high hopes for this series and they've been dashed already.

Bowlers were so good yday but the batsman failed as usual.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Agar is doing what a #11 should be doing: having a crack. (Up to 29/29 balls). Loving Michael Holding mon.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agar killing it. Really playing some nice shots. And they're genuine batsman shots, not just cowboy swings.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agar killing it. Really playing some nice shots. And they're genuine batsman shots, not just cowboy swings.

Our number 11 is fighting back. Good luck to him. His 2 brothers are apparently future players as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.