The alarming and most important stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's a very important piece of data which makes a lot of sense it shows attack is more important than defence because if you have attack and score from it you get more possession and more attack. It's like money breeds money.
Our last good season in 2012 we were +199, the storm were +218. With the new rules that speed up the game and limit to the interchange, constantly defending is a death trap.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our last good season in 2012 we were +199, the storm were +218. With the new rules that speed up the game and limit to the interchange, constantly defending is a death trap.
I bet des will have some stupid stat from 1976 to counteract this.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That's why it's important to get repeat sets and having a kicker that can do that.

Getting tackled on the 5th because you are scared of giving away a 7 tackle set is poor coaching

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's why it's important to get repeat sets and having a kicker that can do that.

Getting tackled on the 5th because you are scared of giving away a 7 tackle set is poor coaching
You're preaching to the choir my friend lol. The 5th tackle run instead of kick can be a decent tactic when used sparingly, but we use it early in the game and even towards the end even if we're behind. Des truly is a bizarre human.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here.

I have something to say,
More unfounded hysteria!

Blokes like pupmichelle only see the stat alone and not the bigger picture.

Sam Perrett is a winger so of course he will be one of two prime candidates to be top tryscorer. It would only ever be Rona or him. Their tryscoring abilities is only the cherry on top to whatever backline move is being played, and how effective It is.

Secondly 2005 was a great year for us, so that alone shows you the relevance of the stat. It could mean that we score up the middle more.

The only stat that matters is the yearly total of attack. Points per game.

We weren't fantastic, but we were very solid in terms of points being scored this year.

Don't let blind hatred of Des cloud your vision to every piece of info.

Next we be having guys here blame des for their coffee spilling on their shirt on the way to work.
2005 Bulldogs finished 12th if you think that's good I want the drugs your on

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why would we waste 1.2 million to recruit a rookie or Ivan Cleary ?
Wouldn't even command half that amount heard a rumour that Cleary knocked back saint position because the place was a shambles and that we was awaiting an opportunity at the dogs

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Wouldn't even command half that amount heard a rumour that Cleary knocked back saint position because the place was a shambles and that we was awaiting an opportunity at the dogs
look, Cleary would be ok imo my point about the 1.2 is that we have to pay that to hasler if we get rid of him for next year. not saying Cleary commands that much.
I would say des is hanging around next year for his money but I also think he will still do his best and we can have a good year still.
I'm just not prepared to jump on the hate des bamdwagon and write us off for the season. If we do well then plenty will be eating their words that's for sure.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
look, Cleary would be ok imo my point about the 1.2 is that we have to pay that to hasler if we get rid of him for next year. not saying Cleary commands that much.
I would say des is hanging around next year for his money but I also think he will still do his best and we can have a good year still.
I'm just not prepared to jump on the hate des bamdwagon and write us off for the season. If we do well then plenty will be eating their words that's for sure.
Enlighten me how you think we might do well next season?

The way i see it, we have lost Rona, Wiiliams, Perrett & Browne. Perrett, Williams & Browne were not superstars but they have definitely not been replaced by something equal to or better. Thats for sure.

We will have Hopoate at FB, missing Sunday games and considering there are no monday night games next year, we will definitely cop more Sunday games than what we did this season.

You also have the majority of the squad, who despise of Hoppa, so the "couldnt give a fuk" attitude flows around the ranks.

Brett Morris is 1 more injury from ending his career. Hes definitely a great winger, though if he goes down, its over red rover. Bmoz is just another Stanley.

We have Graham who will quite possibly be stripped from his captaincy. How do you think that will go down?

Des will change things they say? Hes promised there will be change next season? Do you really think he is going to change that playing group, where the majority have been there since his tenure? You really think the players will just erase the old game plan and structures after being hypnotized for 5 years? They need a NEW voice. They need a fresh start.

Its either Des or the whole squad

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Enlighten me how you think we might do well next season?

The way i see it, we have lost Rona, Wiiliams, Perrett & Browne. Perrett, Williams & Browne were not superstars but they have definitely not been replaced by something equal to or better. Thats for sure.

We will have Hopoate at FB, missing Sunday games and considering there are no monday night games next year, we will definitely cop more Sunday games than what we did this season.

You also have the majority of the squad, who despise of Hoppa, so the "couldnt give a fuk" attitude flows around the ranks.

Brett Morris is 1 more injury from ending his career. Hes definitely a great winger, though if he goes down, its over red rover. Bmoz is just another Stanley.

We have Graham who will quite possibly be stripped from his captaincy. How do you think that will go down?

Des will change things they say? Hes promised there will be change next season? Do you really think he is going to change that playing group, where the majority have been there since his tenure? You really think the players will just erase the old game plan and structures after being hypnotized for 5 years? They need a NEW voice. They need a fresh start.

Its either Des or the whole squad
So true,
I said it earlier in the year,
Unfortunately for us, we need another rebuilding stage.
Another Coach and a bit of a revamp of the playing squad.

The coach and team we currently have, are not capable of delivering a premiership,

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So true,
I said it earlier in the year,
Unfortunately for us, we need another rebuilding stage.
Another Coach and a bit of a revamp of the playing squad.

The coach and team we currently have, are not capable of delivering a premiership,
So go ahead oh bright spark........ please give us all an example on how you would rebuild starting with the coach, how about some constructive criticism for a change, no need to rush, it will probably take you a month to with anything half constructive lol

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So go ahead oh bright spark........ please give us all an example on how you would rebuild starting with the coach, how about some constructive criticism for a change, no need to rush, it will probably take you a month to with anything half constructive lol
Get off your high horse mate, you making a fool of yourself,

Being able to identify a problem, and knowing what is required to fix the problem is not a bad thing mate,

Rebuilding or personnel changes within professional sporting teams, such as the Bulldogs is a nessasary and evolutionary thing.

It's become apparent, it's required at the moment at our club,

What's your problem with accepting this fact?

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill use this forum as an example.

If i was moderator, the first thing i would change is to ban your ass from here.

I am sure if a poll was conducted on here, 95% + would be in favour of seeing you go.

btw, do you look at yourself in the mirror everytime you laugh at your own jokes?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ill use this forum as an example.

If i was moderator, the first thing i would change is to ban your ass from here.

I am sure if a poll was conducted on here, 95% + would be in favour of seeing you go.

btw, do you look at yourself in the mirror everytime you laugh at your own jokes?
I'd ban him too,

Not because I disagree with him,
I'm fine with him thinking what ever he wants, and if he has blind faith, then who am I to judge,

But I'd ban him for being a jerk,

All he wants to do, is be aggressive and condecending to anyone trying to discuss topics honestly and directly.

He isn't the only one either.

I get, some fans don't want to accept what we see.

That's fine,

But no need to be a jerk about it..

If they can't handle the topic, they should fuck off,

It's that simple,

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd ban him too,

Not because I disagree with him,
I'm fine with him thinking what ever he wants, and if he has blind faith, then who am I to judge,

But I'd ban him for being a jerk,

All he wants to do, is be aggressive and condecending to anyone trying to discuss topics honestly and directly.

He isn't the only one either.

I get, some fans don't want to accept what we see.

That's fine,

But no need to be a jerk about it..

If they can't handle the topic, they should fuck off,

It's that simple,
He has mentioned he has been "supporting" the dogs for 50+ years.

He is definitely a senior citizen just like Hasler. The problem is they are both old stubborn fools, who think their own shit doesnt smell.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He has mentioned he has been "supporting" the dogs for 50+ years.

He is definitely a senior citizen just like Hasler. The problem is they are both old stubborn fools, who think their own shit doesnt smell.
I have been supporting the club for over 30 years,
So I guess he thinks he has more cred than me.

Difference is,
I love the club, and appreciate and understand what sets us apart from the rest,

I can identify the issues and have higher expectations from our great club that he does.

He is apparently happy with things, just the way they are,

I bet he grumbles when his wife throws away his old cloths,

He is no doubt an old grumble bum who don't like change.

If it were up to him, we would all still be driving t model fords,

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have been supporting the club for over 30 years,
So I guess he thinks he has more cred than me.

Difference is,
I love the club, and appreciate and understand what sets us apart from the rest,

I can identify the issues and have higher expectations from our great club that he does.

He is apparently happy with things, just the way they are,

I bet he grumbles when his wife throws away his old cloths,

He is no doubt an old grumble bum who don't like change.

If it were up to him, we would all still be driving t model fords,
Obviously you have nothing constructive to offer except for personal criticism, are you sure you can't come up with a new coach and the names of players who will make a difference to our performance moving forward? bet you drive a rice burner too :-)
Oh and by the way what do you appreciate and understand what sets us apart from the rest? stop generalising! please share it with us.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Obviously you have nothing constructive to offer except for personal criticism, are you sure you can't come up with a new coach and the names of players who will make a difference to our performance moving forward? bet you drive a rice burner too :grinning:
Oh and by the way what do you appreciate and understand what sets us apart from the rest? stop generalising! please share it with us.
Ok let's break down this pothetic post, clearly generated go insight an argument.
I'll do it in sections.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Individuals who have alot of things in common with each other, have a special bond which they seem can never get unstuck.

Take qld-dog and hasbeen for example.

They are both
-old stubborn fools
-they are under the impression that they are always right, and everyone else is wrong
-they are under the impression that their shit dont stink
-they are both ignorant
-they are under the impression, with there years of experience they are always 2 steps ahead of the pack.
-they cannot accept no as an answer
-they do not understand the definition of "change"
-they are sexually frustrated, and havent been laid in over 20 years.

Thats right, they are brothers from another mother

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Obviously you have nothing constructive to offer except for personal criticism,
Section 1
I offer constructive opinions on what I can see as nessesary for our club to move forward.
I have supported what Des has been doing till early this year, when it became ubundently clear his direction is not going to give us fans what we want.

So I have offered constructive comments to remedy this.

Beginning with a new coach with a more suitable game plan for wining us a premiership.

That is constructive.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
are you sure you can't come up with a new coach and the names of players who will make a difference to our performance moving forward?
Section 2

I can come up with plenty.
What's important, is who is available and at what cost.
It's a very complicated answer, and the reality is, it will take a few years to evolve a team under a new coach.

If you want my opinions on any potential new coaching candidate, I'm more than happy to,

But for me to just randomly list my ideal squad of players and coach is a waste of time and not constructive.

Status
Not open for further replies.