Not open for further replies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
bet you drive a rice burner too :grinning:
Section 3
I drive a Holden Colorado, duel cab ute,
And I update my cars as my needs dictate.

Kinda like what our club needs to do with our coach and players,

Update them as required.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh and by the way what do you appreciate and understand what sets us apart from the rest? stop generalising! please share it with us.
Section 4

Let's start with our old ways that allowed for the success we all enjoyed.
Club first,
Team second
Individual 3rd

How about that

Because without the club, we have no team,
Without the team we have no individuals,

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Individuals who have alot of things in common with each other, have a special bond which they seem can never get unstuck.

Take qld-dog and hasbeen for example.

They are both
-old stubborn fools
-they are under the impression that they are always right, and everyone else is wrong
-they are under the impression that their shit dont stink
-they are both ignorant
-they are under the impression, with there years of experience they are always 2 steps ahead of the pack.
-they cannot accept no as an answer
-they do not understand the definition of "change"
-they are sexually frustrated, and havent been laid in over 20 years.

Thats right, they are brothers from another mother
Hello Pupmichelle lol
If I wanted your opinion I would have flushed twice, school is back on Monday thank goodness!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Section 4

Let's start with our old ways that allowed for the success we all enjoyed.
Club first,
Team second
Individual 3rd

How about that

Because without the club, we have no team,
Without the team we have no individuals,
Very true however, I believe that every NRL club would expect these important points to be part of their protocol, would you not agree?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Very true however, I believe that every NRL club would expect these important points to be part of their protocol, would you not agree?
Only those that chose to copy our philosophy,

There is a reason we were so succefull for such a long period of time, from the late 70s right up until we lost our way since the 04 grand final,

Other clubs have tried to copy and emulate much of that,

Gus Gould even said so himself, he has taken what he has learnt from the Bulldogs and used it at every club he has gone to since, and reverts back to those basic attitudes when ever things get tough,

It's about making tough calls,

Knowing when to let lose individuals, when the time is right,

There is a Bulldogs culture, that on the surface, people can copy, but you can never have what we had by copying it.

Des time is up mate,
It's time you accepted it,

Stop arguing with people like myself who realise this already,
And stop trying to make us justify how it is with bullshit questions designed to manipulate and straw man the situation,

It is what it is mate, like it or not,

Des has out stayed his welcome at the dogs mate,

His time is up no matter what happens next year,

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So true,
I said it earlier in the year,
Unfortunately for us, we need another rebuilding stage.
Another Coach and a bit of a revamp of the playing squad.

The coach and team we currently have, are not capable of delivering a premiership,
The time to rebuild is now and get ready for 2018. It's astonishing how many players are off contract next year due to the new broadcast deal

I had a look at the sharks side and out of the top 30 we only have like 5 players contracted for 2018 and one of those is andrew fifita haha

The longer your club leaves it the more chance all the good players will be re-signed or already snapped up by other clubs.

Seems like des struggles to recruit decent players these days and if he's still there next year you guys will miss out on all the quality players unless paying massive overs for them.

Better of writing next year of at a loss, getting a new coach in who can start recruiting a side he wants for 2018

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The time to rebuild is now and get ready for 2018. It's astonishing how many players are off contract next year due to the new broadcast deal

I had a look at the sharks side and out of the top 30 we only have like 5 players contracted for 2018 and one of those is andrew fifita haha

The longer your club leaves it the more chance all the good players will be re-signed or already snapped up by other clubs.

Seems like des struggles to recruit decent players these days and if he's still there next year you guys will miss out on all the quality players unless paying massive overs for them.

Better of writing next year of at a loss, getting a new coach in who can start recruiting a side he wants for 2018
Truth be told, who ever our not coach will be, will more than likely already know he us the coach and will be working behind the scenes to secure a player or 2

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Thats Bullshit! those commentators you mentioned are not the sharpest tools in the shed but, no way would they be stupid enough to make a comment like that. lol Oh, and by the way.... why would you write untruths?? get your facts straight first.
Experts and former greats have been criticising our style all year. They might not have out and out said Des is to blame, but if they think our style is horrendous, who do you think they blame for that Einstein?

Our style has been almost universally criticised all year... by ex players and media commentators.... because it has been absolute garbage (and not just this year.)

There is only one person who is responsible for dictating our style of play and that is our coach. The coach tells the players how he wants them to play. That's how footy works. Ex players rarely get so personal as to say a coach should be sacked, but if they don't like the way a side is playing (and many greats don't like the way our side is playing and have said so continuously throughout the year), there is literally only one person to blame for it.

As far as the media goes.... bunch of hypocrites. The media has been as critical of our style as anyone throughout the year and when one of our greatest legends tried to do something about it, the bottom feeders of the world of sports journalism started insinuating our club and fans were at fault for trying to seek answers to the same questions they'd been asking all year themselves.

Of course what ex players and media commentators say isn't really relevant to what we think anyway. Most of us have been following the club for a long time and know when our team isn't playing as well and with as much passion as the players are capable of.

Honestly, if you're going to jump ship to another club if Des goes,
as you've stated elsewhere, you may as well just piss off now and spare the rest of us from your silly prattling dude. That's a suggestion by the way, by no means am I trying to give you orders. I'm just not sure why you're investing energy into this club if your support of it is so fickle you'd abandon it over one sacked coach. Seems like you're wasting your time and ours if you're that fickle tbh. Apologies if I'm mistaken, but I'm pretty sure it was you who posted on another thread saying if Des was shown the door, you'd follow him. If that's the case, why wait? Get to the merchandise store while it's off season and your new team's jersey will still be cheap.

Some of us are in this for the long haul... through good times and bad....and most of us who fall into that category want to get to the bottom of what's wrong with our team.

If you want to live in a delusion, go for it..... but please try not be be so condescending towards the rest of us ;)

Last edited:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des will change things they say? Hes promised there will be change next season? Do you really think he is going to change that playing group, where the majority have been there since his tenure? You really think the players will just erase the old game plan and structures after being hypnotized for 5 years?
What could he change, anyway ?
We don't have a side that's capabable of playing an up tempo, attacking style of play.
We're heavy on forwards and light on creative backs
Basically, we're fucked next year either way.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Then why aren't we following it ?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Would like to see someone with fresh ideas and lets the players play whats in front of them. Cowboys rooster all had new coaches and it helped. Also someone who is better a recruitment or player pulling power. Kevin Walters, Ivan Cleary, Dean Pay, Holbrook just to start with.
Pay or Holbrook will be in. Potter to menter

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I would say Pay is front runner is Desmond leaves and maybe Holbrook assistant. I would love to see a fresh direction.
I would bring one of them in already. Coach reserve grade. Pay is a bulldog but Holbrook looks the goods. Who ever takes it is under pressure. People will say they got rid of des for this guy pretty quick

Status
Not open for further replies.