Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
i cant stand both

but hey the real chokers of australia are collingwood

does anyone know the stats of collingwood in GFs LOL!!! 40 GFs and only 14 wins

theyve lost at least 12 of the last 13 GFs also. Hopefully its 13 from 14 for the lulz

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
i still dont get how can a team make the GF the last 13 times and lose 12 of them :p

bckd

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Saint Kilda all the way this year. :first:

Six things: the Collywobbles

FOR THEIR 14 VFL/AFL premierships, the Magpies have been heartbroken a record 25 times on the last Saturday in September. The 1970 loss to Carlton spawned the term ‘Collywobbles’, and they have lost six grand finals since, winning just one, in 1990...

1977: This was as close as Collingwood came to nipping the Collywobbles in the bud, drawing with North Melbourne in the first running of the 1977 grand final. The Pies lost the replay one week later by 27 points. Phil Manassa provided the highlight for Collingwood, taking off from half-back, burning past Malcolm Blight, and kicking a famous goal after taking four bounces.

1979: Given the chance to avenge their 1970 loss to Carlton, the Magpies fell five points short of their bitter rival. Down by 21 points at the last change, the Pies charged back into the contest before Wayne Harms provided a now iconic highlight, punching the ball from the boundary line and into the goal square, where Ken Sheldon sealed the win.

1980: The Magpies were humiliated in front of 113,461 fans, losing to Richmond by 81 points, then a record grand final margin. This was Collingwood’s seventh grand final loss since its 1958 premiership as the Collywobbles grew.

1981: In the big dance for the third time in four years, Collingwood again squandered a significant lead and fell to the Blues by 20 points. The Magpies led by 21 points late in the third quarter, but the Blues kicked the last six goals of the game to win their 13th VFL premiership, equaling the Pies’ record.

2002: Twelve years after their drought-breaking 1990 premiership, the Magpies were back on the grand final stage against the mighty Brisbane Lions. The underdog Pies were brave, but they fell nine points short. Collingwood captain Nathan Buckley was awarded the Norm Smith Medal, just the fourth time it has been won by a losing player.

2003: In the rematch 12 months later, Collingwood was comprehensively beaten by 50 points. The Pies were 42 points behind at half-time, and they had no answer for Norm Smith Medallist Simon Black or five-goal star Jason Akermanis. They haven’t returned to the grand final since, until now.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Saints as they are due and for Schneider-man was one of favs back in the day when he played for Sydney

Hoping the Collywobbles continue for another year :grinning:

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Draw. What a joke, they're playing again next week.

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because like the NRL the AFL has some sht rules.

hodaa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So all the fans have to go buy some new tickets to watch the Grand Final. That's ****ed tbh

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
they play extra time in prelims yet not in the final????

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
WTF that there's no extra time. That's effing bs, lol.

No wonder I think AFL is a crap sport.

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
the only good thing about AFL is their finals system of who-plays-who-and-where...

the rest of it is utter sh!t... and no extra time? what a fkn joke! it's a sport for girls... dead-set!

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the fans who went to the grand final today. If they want to go next week they've got to pay up again.

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
on tv i saw andrew demetriou say something about 'arranging something for ticket-holders' ... maybe they wont have to pay up again?

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
malthouse said they've got to sell another 100000 tickets.:confused:

hodaa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the only good thing about AFL is their finals system of who-plays-who-and-where...

the rest of it is utter sh!t... and no extra time? what a fkn joke! it's a sport for girls... dead-set!
I'm a girl, yet this game bores me to death.

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
I feel sooo sorry for the players having to go through that again :\

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
on tv i saw andrew demetriou say something about 'arranging something for ticket-holders' ... maybe they wont have to pay up again?
He will be loving all the extra cash coming in... Rule should probably be changed.

St kilda rushed what, 6 behinds...

Status
Not open for further replies.