The Afghanistan/Taliban - Thread

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
supposedly, there are still over 10,000 US nationals in Afghanistan that somehow have to work out a way of getting to the Kabul airport thru Taliban control in order to get out of the country... and they have received some sort of email from the US State Department advising them that they cannot guarantee their safety

meanwhile...

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/p5jbgw

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One minute you're saying our society is more evolved, the next you are saying we should indiscriminately kill civilians.... Are you serious? If you were an Afghan, you'd probably be a member of the Taliban yourself, if that's your attitude.
Who knows what I’d be if I were Afghan. If I was in there army though I’d fight for my land till the end. As for taliban I do grow a thick beard. I was referring to an eye for and eye mentality. Yeah it’s extreme, I’ve since been informed

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL @ Coalition of the Willing.

Two decades
Thousands of lives
Trillions of dollars
For a net gain of sweet fark all.

America hasn't won a war in 75 years. So much for their "military might".
They just can’t beat people from the Asian content who are peasants and farmers with ak47s lol

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who knows what I’d be if I were Afghan. If I was in there army though I’d fight for my land till the end. As for taliban I do grow a thick beard. I was referring to an eye for and eye mentality. Yeah it’s extreme, I’ve since been informed
Well, it's the same sort of mentailty extremist groups like the taiban use to recruit new members.....so yeah, safe to say it's a bit extreme

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They just can’t beat people from the Asian content who are peasants and farmers with ak47s lol
Exactly, the mighty USA was fought to a standstill in Iraq by untrained civilians using home made bombs and rockets. They are not the mighty military machine they claim to be.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
when asked about the US remaining in Afghanistan to prevent a humanitarian disaster in 2010, then Vice President, Joe Biden, responded: "F*+# that, we don't have to worry about that. We did it in Vietnam, Nixon and Kissinger got away with it"

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Link: Trump and some Republicans are praising the Taliban to criticize Biden despite years of chest-thumping over jihadist terrorism

• A few Republicans praised the Taliban since it seized power in Afghanistan this month.
  • Trump called them “smart” and “good fighters” and Rep. Gaetz said they were “more legitimate” than Biden.
  • These statements come despite years of GOP chest-thumping about the threat of jihadist terrorism.
Link: Rep. Matt Gaetz on Twitter: "Taliban and Trump should both be on Twitter. More legitimate than the last government in Afghanistan or the current government here."

1629513993059.png

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Link: Trump and some Republicans are praising the Taliban to criticize Biden despite years of chest-thumping over jihadist terrorism

• A few Republicans praised the Taliban since it seized power in Afghanistan this month.
  • Trump called them “smart” and “good fighters” and Rep. Gaetz said they were “more legitimate” than Biden.
  • These statements come despite years of GOP chest-thumping about the threat of jihadist terrorism.
Link: Rep. Matt Gaetz on Twitter: "Taliban and Trump should both be on Twitter. More legitimate than the last government in Afghanistan or the current government here."

View attachment 28838
the Afghans, the Taliban, the Mujahideen etc. have seen off invasions by two superpowers which involved 3 decades of occupation... ridiculous to criticize Trump for acknowledging their successes in those fights

as for Trump's de-platforming from social media, it is mindboggling in a nation that holds freedom of speech as its most fundamental of fundamental rights

the Ghani Afghan government was a thoroughly corrupt government installed and propped up by the Americans... no legitimacy in my eyes

Gaetz though is being an idiot since most recent elections in the US are disputed --> Bush v Gore in 2000, Trump v Clinton in 2016, Biden v Trump in 2020... you keep telling people that their rights and votes are being trampled on, you get people overrunning your houses of government

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the Afghans, the Taliban, the Mujahideen etc. have seen off invasions by two superpowers which involved 3 decades of occupation... ridiculous to criticize Trump for acknowledging their successes in those fights

as for Trump's de-platforming from social media, it is mindboggling in a nation that holds freedom of speech as its most fundamental of fundamental rights

the Ghani Afghan government was a thoroughly corrupt government installed and propped up by the Americans... no legitimacy in my eyes

Gaetz though is being an idiot since most recent elections in the US are disputed --> Bush v Gore in 2000, Trump v Clinton in 2016, Biden v Trump in 2020... you keep telling people that their rights and votes are being trampled on, you get people overrunning your houses of government
Your right, Gaetz is an idiot.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
They should be like the French resistance and pick a few off.
Special law deranged lunatics, what drives them?
Poor Afghans are up da shit.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
S.M.H.

Taliban beat back crowd at Kabul airport after seven killed in crush
Unrest has continued at Kabul airport overnight as the Taliban fired gunshots into the air and used batons on people desperately trying to flee Afghanistan a day after seven people were killed in a crush at the gates. A NATO official said at least 20 people had died in the past week in and around the airport. Anti-Taliban leader Ahmad Massoud said he hoped to hold peace talks but his forces in the country’s north are ready to fight.

The US ordered 18 commercial planes to help evacuate Americans and at-risk Afghans and White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan said large numbers of Americans are getting into Kabul airport. However, Sydney-based lawyer Anna Ryburn, who has 200 clients trying to leave Afghanistan for Australia to join their relatives, told the Herald many are being turned away or are struggling with instructions from the federal government and face being “separated from children or wives potentially for life”.

As British Prime Minister Boris Johnson scheduled a virtual G7 meeting to discuss the crisis, Prime Minister Scott Morrison refused to say whether he supported the withdrawal of US troops in discussions with other leaders. The Taliban’s return to power will also impede the $75 million agency created by Mr Morrison to investigate alleged war crimes committed by Australian soldiers against Afghan civilians and prisoners.

Women’s rights: A Kabul media mogul may move his station to Europe to keep Afghan women on the air.

What gender equality PhD student Samantha Marshall says: My grandfather Malcolm Fraser would be horrified by this government.