The Aerosexual Thread

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe so yes, but it will likely be sold.
I know its open to public but not really advertised or pushed ,and not cheap since the 747 is basically gone and with covid they could make a killing of it,
Or give it to me

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ll arm wrestle you for it.
But only with my right arm :-).
View attachment 20226
Lol, I knew a bloke that had a full 737 cockpit,was helping him out for a bit with basic things like cleaning it help add panels ect. It was 95% complete it cost him his house,marriage and everything but he was obsessed never flew the fucking thing once when I was there.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Lol, I knew a bloke that had a full 737 cockpit,was helping him out for a bit with basic things like cleaning it help add panels ect. It was 95% complete it cost him his house,marriage and everything but he was obsessed never flew the fucking thing once when I was there.
Head scratcher...I mean I admire the dedication but then to not use it?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Head scratcher...I mean I admire the dedication but then to not use it?
The obsession took over i think ,I was going to build half a 737 cockpit make the panels myself ect after reading various forums a lot of these people are nuts lol they must have perfection, it turned me off ,
Now I'm just happy with a multi purpose cockpit I can use for any aircraft, once I get a honeycomb throttle and a multi purpose overhead panel ill be set.
Started downloading msfs 2020 on new pc 5pm yesterday not even 5%
But warthunder is done so tonight its the b 24 liberator and bombing runs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The obsession took over i think ,I was going to build half a 737 cockpit make the panels myself ect after reading various forums a lot of these people are nuts lol they must have perfection, it turned me off ,
Now I'm just happy with a multi purpose cockpit I can use for any aircraft, once I get a honeycomb throttle and a multi purpose overhead panel ill be set.
Started downloading msfs 2020 on new pc 5pm yesterday not even 5%
But warthunder is done so tonight its the b 24 liberator and bombing runs
Better to keep it a love over an obsession - that’s when things start going off the rails...oops...taxiway :-).

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
@DinkumDog
Have you been to the antonov factory in Ukraine?
When I was planning my trip before I was so fucking rudely interrupted by covid, I was in contact about tours ect and they have the full antonov flight sim set up which was rather cheap.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@DinkumDog
Have you been to the antonov factory in Ukraine?
When I was planning my trip before I was so fucking rudely interrupted by covid, I was in contact about tours ect and they have the full antonov flight sim set up which was rather cheap.
No mate that’s one place I haven’t been.
Had some bad Russian experiences but I shouldn’t tar them all with the same brush.

As for the Antonov sim - possible it’s cheap because it’s a tad dodgy like the real thing? :-).

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Southy didn't say the guy never used it. He said he never used it while he was there. I know people like that. They have toys you'd die for and won't let you use them. I call these people assholes.
From what I gathered I don't think he did use it lol he was a weird dude

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No mate that’s one place I haven’t been.
Had some bad Russian experiences but I shouldn’t tar them all with the same brush.

As for the Antonov sim - possible it’s cheap because it’s a tad dodgy like the real thing? :-).
Dodgy can be fun ,I also found t34 tank tours, then you go and fire a few rounds from an ak47 then the finale a bazooka
The bottom of the pages stated vodka included.
What could possibly go wrong with vodka and bazooka combinations?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told once by an RAAF airman that aerodynamically (wing size to body size ratio) the C-130 Hercules should not fly.

1610505735936.png

Might be bull but the same guy also told me that the shortest every take off recorded for the Caribou below was 2 and half rotations of the tyres and the front wheel was up. He said they did it at Richmond with a minimal fuel load, no cargo and a fairly pissed pilot who made the bet. He said the pilot nearly revved the engines off the wings and both him and the co-pilot had to stand on the brakes to hold it before releasing. These things could land in a ploughed paddock.

1610505990410.png

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still the horniest looking aircraft I have ever laid eyes on, the SR71 Blackbird.

1610506272805.png

Designed by a guy in the 50's with a slide rule, capable of Mach 6 (supposedly) with a ceiling of 82,000 feet. It would leak fuel sitting on the runway as it was designed deliberately with gaps in the fuselage that would close as it reached operating height and temperature.