The Aerosexual Thread

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Ive seen that as a model never knew it was real.... there you go
My recollection is that in mid 90's Pepsi was rebranding (to predominantly blue) and they spent $500m on it in total. The wanted something spectacular to advertise their new brand style and they decided to use an Air France Concorde (BA wanted too much).

Not sure if it's a myth or not but apparently they couldn't paint the wings blue because the fuel tanks overheated due to the radiation from the sun. White was retained as it was more reflective.

Always a Bulldog

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My recollection is that in mid 90's Pepsi was rebranding (to predominantly blue) and they spent $500m on it in total. The wanted something spectacular to advertise their new brand style and they decided to use an Air France Concorde (BA wanted too much).

Not sure if it's a myth or not but apparently they couldn't paint the wings blue because the fuel tanks overheated due to the radiation from the sun. White was retained as it was more reflective.

Always a Bulldog
Cool pretty interesting ,good to know

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
True. Back in 2013 I got invited to the delivery ceremony for Jetstar’s B787’s. I noticed and asked their then chief pilot why they had white engine cowlings despite the rest of the airframe being silver. It’s because the design tolerates lighter cowling colours better in terms of temperature / overall fuel efficiency. So some airlines paint it as aesthetics and branding are more important to them whilst operating cost / the bottom line drive other operators more.
4FE52F6A-B1DD-4870-83FE-781375DC2A89.jpeg