That "knock on"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That play where the sharks player kicked it for Barba and then Maloney came running through....the dogs player got his hand to the ball...then Maloney knocked it on.

How was that a knock on? The dogs player had possesion of it, and maintained control, then Maloney knocks it out...How did the Dogs player lose it first?

Anyone with me here?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
yeah it was knocked out by the sharks but i think the referees are terrified to make a game winning decision so they make a decision that has something in it for everyone

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It looked like holland touched the ball first, maloney grabbed out of his hand then lost it. I can see your point.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is that the bunker saw our player's hand behind the ball and it contacted Maloney before he had control. That, technically, is a knock-on.
However, that is only a Bulldog knock-on. They are different from other team knock-ons - just ask Kas.

d0ody

tad fancy
Reaction score
Let's not start making unnecessary excuses yeah? We lost, and we deserved to lose - knock on or not.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree Chris....the ball was on the ground, Holland had his hand on it while it was on the ground...He never propelled it forward, he just had control of it and then Maloney came running through and knocked it out...

If Holland knocked it forward first then i agree, there was no seperation...it wasnt a knock on.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't believe with all the technology they still get it so wrong. It's definitely not a knock on. If holland has his hand on the ball like that in the in goal it would be called a try

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I disagree Chris....the ball was on the ground, Holland had his hand on it while it was on the ground...He never propelled it forward, he just had control of it and then Maloney came running through and knocked it out...

If Holland knocked it forward first then i agree, there was no seperation...it wasnt a knock on.
Not saying it was. I thought it was a tough call; but the only explanation I can think of is that the bunker saw it as I described it. I did add the proviso that it would only be called against us.

bulldog_ando

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can't believe with all the technology they still get it so wrong. It's definitely not a knock on. If holland has his hand on the ball like that in the in goal it would be called a try
Hand on the ball rule only applies in goal. It does not apply in the field of play holland got his hand in there before Maloney which is a knock on. It was a fair call.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SO if someone puts a kick and it eventually stops, if a player puts his hand on it but never propels it forward and has his hand on it in it is a knock on?????????

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Correct decision however I find it strange that Fifita can just run around the field doing whatever he wants
He usually doesn't as he usually gives away half wit penalties but tonight his stupid tactic definitely worked. He always goes for penalties and most of the time he doesn't get them but he did tonight.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holland's hand was on the back part of the ball and went towards Maloney's hands, only one way it can go. Whoever thought Holland had control of it is on the hard stuff.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You should know by now the 50/50s never go the Dogs way

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched the game with a NRL linesman who couldn't believe how many things they got wrong, that incident was not one of them however but there were plenty others.
One f'n penalty for the whole game and we couldn't even kick it out.
Mbye was the worst player on the field and honestly should be dropped for that performance...absolute crap every time he touched the ball

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It looked like holland touched the ball first, maloney grabbed out of his hand then lost it. I can see your point.
The ball was on the ground with Holland putting his hand on it first. There is no argument there.

Tries have been awarded on the same downward pressure on the ball. So why the fuck did Maloney's grounding need to be brought into it? It was all over with Holland's touchdown.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This isn't the NFL play isn't over if you ground the ball in play.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This isn't the NFL play isn't over if you ground the ball in play.
No said it was, they saying holland never lost control of ball until Maloney knocked it out! Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.