That "2011 Bullduds" banner at the game today

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
good on the boys, they are only saying what they and plenty of others saying aswell

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
good on the boys, they are only saying what they and plenty of others saying aswell
I disagree. That kind of crap at games is totally unnecessary. Voice your opinions on a forum, to your friends, whatever. Don't bring banners like that to a game.

JnRLeB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
oh get over it u whingers they have a right to their opinion and they should have made 100000 of those banners , bulldogs r a disgrace and should just forfiet the yr and save us the embaressment

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
oh get over it u whingers they have a right to their opinion and they should have made 100000 of those banners , bulldogs r a disgrace and should just forfiet the yr and save us the embaressment
except for the fact bobcat is actually one of our best, yeah, understood

;)

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
do you wonder why people think doggies fans are the worst in the NRL??

YOUNGY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Personally i wouldnt take an anti Bulldogs banner to a match, but i do understand that fans are pissed off at the effort from our team.

Fans that are paying to watch that effort have the right to vent thier anger. Time for the coach to do the honourable thing.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Personally i wouldnt take an anti Bulldogs banner to a match, but i do understand that fans are pissed off at the effort from our team.

Fans that are paying to watch that effort have the right to vent thier anger.
They looked like they were having more fun than anything...

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you go to a game to "support" your team and then have something like that? Defeats the purpose of going to a match.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its one thing to slag the team off on the forums, but to do it like that in public whilst wearing a dogs jersey is just not on IMO

G

Gladiator.

What difference is a banner at a game, and people bagging out the coach on a PUBLIC FORUM?

Especially with all the news reporters that troll these forums. They are entitled to their opinion, and nobody has a right to tell them they aren't allowed to do that.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
What difference is a banner at a game, and people bagging out the coach on a PUBLIC FORUM?

Especially with all the news reporters that troll these forums. They are entitled to their opinion, and nobody has a right to tell them they aren't allowed to do that.
... ummm .... *looks left and right* ... DUCK ! :p

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
The bobcat reference is harsh, cant say I disagree with the rest of it. I wouldnt make a banner though, unless we dont win again this year ;-)

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score

Ah, probably that it's actually at the game, and has a much bigger audience (both present and on TV) than it ever would here. Difference?

557 people online right now, and it doesn't get much bigger than that. When you have 15-20,000 people at the game, and tens of thousands more watching on TV around the country, I'd say there is a massive difference, and is a bad representation of our club. Especially since they were enjoying very second of it.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Thats not the 1st time bulldog fans have bagged or booed at a game - but thats the 1st time ive seen it in a banner . do i agree that we are duds .... at the moment yes ;; can we turn it around ,,, maybe not with the current coaching staff . If we do attract another coach , i hope he gets the royal treatment and keys to the war chest . was never a great fan of km for head coach

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have freedom of speech in this country. While I don't support the language, I have to defend their right to advertise how poorly the team is playing.

If fans want to make the point, don't turn up to games. The club will quickly get the message if our crowd numbers collapse; because the sponsors won't pay big money when no-one is watching.

G

Gladiator.

Ah, probably that it's actually at the game, and has a much bigger audience (both present and on TV) than it ever would here. Difference?

557 people online right now, and it doesn't get much bigger than that. When you have 15-20,000 people at the game, and tens of thousands more watching on TV around the country, I'd say there is a massive difference, and is a bad representation of our club. Especially since they were enjoying very second of it.
I would be too, go look at sports across the world? Vancouver anyone? Now compare this banner to Vancouver, a peaceful protest, they had every right to do it, and smart enough they took a legal and effective way to vent their opinion to the club. Kudos to them, people can hate as much as they want, they have done nothing wrong.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
If it brings some change then it is warranted we'll just have to see how the club reacts to it.

Facts are the club is in a crisis and frankly the clubs reactions so far are of a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.