Thank you Lachlan Lewis

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be getting rid of him. Another 1or 2 year deal would be great. At 24 he still has a lot to learn and under Baz will help him. I think his best is yet to come. Plays with his heart on his sleeve.
Depth is a must and from our other halves options, he about our best option across the skills needed.
He’s had a horrible run of injuries this year which has kept him out.
If he can continue what he did last night and build and get better, I think it’s worth another year or two to find out.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sounds like he had a good game (I only saw the final 5 min)

Not bad for his first game in weeks

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You may not have all the talent in the world but you at least have a crack and don't let our colors down. Great game tonight. Well done mate.
Considering how bad we have been going,its surprising Baz didnt tryhim earlier

Jay76

Waterboy
Reaction score
While LL had a solid game last night, I don't think this alone warrants another contract. I think the majority of the team played with as much effort as LL last night.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Probably the best game he's played in years.
His first try was a gem,kicked early and scored.
needs to learn to put up spiral torpedo bombs ,just vary the last tackle option.
It was desball for most of the 2nd half,we needed to throw more at the roosters ,could have won that game.
The only time we spread it allan got on the outside but couldn't finish it off with a better kick in field
Maybe a one year deal as back up for lewis. He's got no real pace.always thought he should bulk up and play lock or utility off the bench

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Have always defended him, joked at the beginning of this year about handing back my president of his fan club card, but have always wanted to see him succeed. He’s my boy’s favourite player..I wanna see a full season with him and Burton, and even then, I can’t ever write off the kid. He has always shown heart and never takes a backwards step.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah if we can get rid of Flanagan, then maybe but I'd still rather sign Benji to be honest as he'd probably cost as much and could set up more tries. Plus he'd be a great influence on the team with his leadership and experience.
Benji is not out of the question if the club are chasing him. Signing jmk for 2 more years could be the reason he’ll come play one more year. But who knows the club did say they don’t want bandaid solutions so I’m not to sure. What they say and what happens tend to be diff these days

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Benji is not out of the question if the club are chasing him. Signing jmk for 2 more years could be the reason he’ll come play one more year. But who knows the club did say they don’t want bandaid solutions so I’m not to sure. What they say and what happens tend to be diff these days
Seeing as they're signing Dufty and going all out attack, they might as well sign Benji. He'd have a field day with Burton setting up tries in that backline.. We'd still be the worst defensive team in the comp but at least we could score 30 with ease, especially under these touch footy rules.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If I was an ESL coach I'd be on the phone getting Lewis & Gamble as the halves pairing.

Passion, Aggression, Mongrel, Desire, Intensity and a never say die attitude.
I’m sure they are. Bet there’s a handful of NRL clubs who’ve made enquires also. We should be looking to retain Lewis and flog off Flanagan to ESL.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Really want see Lewis succeed, sure he can come up with some errors and he does need to vary his long kicking game, or at least improve it, but he offers some unpredictability in attack that we don't have when he's not involved.
Always tries 100% and I honestly believe there is a very good footballer in there just waiting to come out.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m sure they are. Bet there’s a handful of NRL clubs who’ve made enquires also. We should be looking to retain Lewis and flog off Flanagan to ESL.
It was just a monumental stuff up from Tbaz. Like with the Allan signing.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is very good at what he does.
He is the guy that every team / workplace needs.
The guy who is always there when you need someone to step up for coverage but will take a long time into his career to mature into tye top Role.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
His kicking looked more fluid last night, in the past he always looked like a stunned wooden puppet when he kicked, taking an eternity to get himself sorted and kicking it. But last night it was a lot more natural looking.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is absolutely a keeper. He would make an ideal 14.
He makes a few mistakes, but all good players do.
Its just that the good players don't get roasted like they do on here.