WWOS MOLE Terrell May

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to worry we will have makatoa and suluka-fifita in the bag
Fisher-Harris and Leota could be off contract willing to leave the Panthers and I'd bet a thousand bucks we wouldn't get them either. Something seems to go wrong with every player we need. One day Gus might need to pay overs for someone.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ʙᴜʟʟᴅᴏɢꜱ ᴘʀᴇᴘᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴜʟʟ ᴘɪɴ ᴏɴ $1.6ᴍ ᴘᴜʀꜱᴜɪᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴛᴇʀʀᴇʟʟ ᴍᴀy

Via Telegraph Sport
By Brent Read and Michael Carayannis

The Bulldogs are ready to pull the pin on their $1.6 million pursuit of Terrell May amid concerns over the glacial pace of talks with the Sydney Roosters prop.

This masthead understands that the Dogs also harbour doubts over May’s desire to change clubs after he left his long-time agent Matt Desira and joined a rival stable, fearing it is a sign that he is likely to stay at the Roosters.

May, off contract at the end of the season, had spoken openly of his desire to play alongside his brothers Taylan and Tyrone at some point in the future and the Bulldogs had indicated a willingness to at least consider signing all three – they tabled a deal for Tyrone last year but withdrew the contract offer amid concerns over his past.

Terrell was the most advanced in talks with the club, the parties having spoken about a long term deal from 2025 that would have given him a significant pay rise from next season.

However, it is understood those talks now stand on the verge of collapse and the Bulldogs are resigned to looking elsewhere for big men capable of filling a gaping void in their front row stocks.

The Bulldogs have had little luck in their pursuit of a front rower. They had hoped to sign former Roosters star Siosiua Taukeiaho for this season but he failed a medical on his knee and returned to French Super League side Catalans.

May was an even more prized target given he is only 24 and entering the prime of his career, having played 17 games last season for the Roosters last season and become a valuable member of their pack.

The Bulldogs were prepared to give him a deal that reflected their belief that he was capable of becoming one of the best front rowers in the game.

However, talks have dragged on for weeks and the ‘Dogs have grown increasingly pessimistic about their chances of luring him away from the Roosters.

With May expected to stay at Bondi Junction, the Bulldogs are now expected to shift their attention elsewhere as they look to find an enforcer capable of helping them dominate the middle of the field.
carrayanis and his ‘this masthead’ rhetoric is so fucking cringe

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gustavo knows what he’s doing, trust the process. 2024 is set…. 2025 is still a long way away and I think there will be decent middles getting frustrated playing off the bench or Cup this season that could present opportunities.

Like anyone, I’m hoping we pick up a good middle, but I do like the fact with Gus at the helm, we’re still behaving like a successful blue chip Club, fu<k around at the negotiating table and we’re moving on….like a boss.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good. We don't need stupid face tats and 24 yr old that's only had 8 good games and needs his dad to whip him into gear.
The absolute delusions you people have. We are a lost club until the middles are sorted, and we have now missed out on 4-5. When it comes to high profile recruitment, the emperor has no clothes.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Which one of those 4 wanted to be a Bulldog?
Hate to tell u this mate, but the majority of players move for cash, opportunity and the prospect of trophies. If you want to see blokes who 'want to be a bulldog', go watch some highlights from the 80's, 90's and early 2000's.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hate to tell u this mate, but the majority of players move for cash, opportunity and the prospect of trophies. If you want to see blokes who 'want to be a bulldog', go watch some highlights from the 80's, 90's and early 2000's.
I reckon a large majority of our playing roster this year want to be Bulldogs and over the next few years we’ll attract more quality players wanting to play for the club, especially the juniors coming through.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I reckon a large majority of our playing roster this year want to be Bulldogs and over the next few years we’ll attract more quality players wanting to play for the club, especially the juniors coming through.
i hope you're right, but unless we start being successful on the field i expect we will face more of the same.

JaTT

Waterboy
Reaction score
The timing of Weidler's tweet is interesting. If you follow Gus on Twitter, you'll know he's in Hawaii so this must have been brewing for a while.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good!
We aren't a club to be used and abused by players, managers and other clubs anymore. Might seems shit now, but in the long run this is for the best. It's all about getting respect back as a club, people in the game will know offers will be pulled if you use or fuck us around.
Good. We don't need stupid face tats and 24 yr old that's only had 8 good games and needs his dad to whip him into gear.
The brighter side of this scenario is DESPIRATE decisions of yesteryears are long gone,
Not only we would've signed the 3 May brothers for the sake of getting one, we would've signed the whole family young and old :laughing: .

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm tending to think these days that if more than a whisper of our interest gets out before a contract is being finalised we cut ties (if we'd made any). I guess the club is tired of being a negotiation tool.

I wonder if a certain part of the delay in signing in cases like this comes from the fact that these guys enjoy seeing their name in multiple articles.

In a normal transfer market, Terrell probably wouldn't get much notice paid to him. He's shown he can make an impact, but he's not even pushing for a start at the chooks. He's risen in the pecking order a bit. But if he was excluded from the chooks bench for another youngster it wouldn't be news. He's decent, but it's glimpses of form in the finals that seemingly generated some interest.

But with record low numbers of props available, he's suddenly big news. I think that most footballers that persist to an NRL career at some stage imagine the commentary team shouting their name. So for someone who might not have had that often, it might be intoxicating to read the articles that are popping up.