WWOS MOLE Terrell May

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Things can change quickly in rugby league but I wouldn’t have AFB on the realistic target list for us anymore. It seems obvious he and his manager want a pay increase and longer term and that’s not something Gus wants to entertain. Right or wrong time to move on.
He’s Klemmer 2,0 selling himself to the highest bidder… at 30yrs, I’m not so sure he’s good value at 1M a season

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s Klemmer 2,0 selling himself to the highest bidder… at 30yrs, I’m not so sure he’s good value at 1M a season
There is quite a few examples of props playing good footy post 30. Pricey, Wiki, Civoniceva and currently Bromwich. But I agree he’s simply selling himself to the highest bidder.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He's only on a development contract so not that big of a deal.
Didn’t say anything about that. More implying roosters got it wrong letting him go. If anything the fact he’s only on a development contract as per Gus says it all. He’s done nothing to say the roosters got it wrong.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Roosters do not have enough room in their salary cap is deluded.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Roosters do not have enough room in their salary cap is deluded.
Memes aside Crichton, Keary (reduced deal if kept), Suaalli, Tupou (maybe kept, probably reduced deal if so) and JWH off the books after next year. If they lose May it's to a very good offer imo.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Memes aside Crichton, Keary (reduced deal if kept), Suaalli, Tupou (maybe kept, probably reduced deal if so) and JWH off the books after next year. If they lose May it's to a very good offer imo.
Yeah but they have signed B. Smith, Young and Leniu, upgraded or will have to upgrade Collins, Walker, Butcher, Sitili, Wong and maybe May and still have Teddy on a huge deal while they still have to make a massive offer to Manu.

Let's not pretend that they have legitimate cap space and let's just all acknowledge and accept that they'll always have cap space even if their squad is valued at 30 million.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Agree, but this is how Poosters mind fuck people. Eg over the cap before they get Cronk, then when he leaves it's oh fuck yeah we have 1 mil to spend

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but they have signed B. Smith, Young and Leniu, upgraded or will have to upgrade Collins, Walker, Butcher, Sitili, Wong and maybe May and still have Teddy on a huge deal while they still have to make a massive offer to Manu.

Let's not pretend that they have legitimate cap space and let's just all acknowledge and accept that they'll always have cap space even if their squad is valued at 30 million.
It's not what they pay their players on the books as we all know that's legit.
It's the wads of cash they stuff in sports bags and give to their players for daily living.
It's the free luxury cars that the players and their wives get to cruise around in.
It's the beachside side mansions which the club pays rent for them to live in for free.
It's the private school funds that the club pays fees for to get their kids the best education.
FMD, I want to got there too........ but I couldn't bring myself to be a dirty Rooster so I never would.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's the wads of cash they stuff in sports bags and give to their players for daily living.
It's the free luxury cars that the players and their wives get to cruise around in.
It's the beachside side mansions which the club pays rent for them to live in for free.
It's the private school funds that the club pays fees for to get their kids the best education.
FMD, I want to got there too........ but I couldn't bring myself to be a dirty Rooster so I never would.
Not to mention the leg up with investment properties, ‘friends’ of Politis can sell a $1.5M unit for $1.2-$1.3M because they can afford the lose and players instantly have $200-$300k equity in the property. Just another example of the extra cash off the cap available to the Roosters.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Remember when SBW returned for the 2nd time at the Rooters and they got him a Bentley.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Papa Joe is right. It’s all the perks they can offer on the side like Crank’s Uni degree, etc

They are the best in the business at it. They will meet on a golf course and go through the options to make up the value they are short from the salary cap wage.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Papa Joe is right. It’s all the perks they can offer on the side like Crank’s Uni degree, etc

They are the best in the business at it. They will meet on a golf course and go through the options to make up the value they are short from the salary cap wage.
u should buy be able to offer any options to players to entice them to sign a contract....this is what makes the salary cap am uneven playing field

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Biggest rort, so glad he flopped and Roosters didn't win shit. Still feel the effect now though with June 30 not being transfer deadline... August is far too late.
If he wanted to retun to us it would have been for atleast 4 times that regardless of the amount of games and thats even if the NRL allowed it.