WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think it’s pretty obvious that after putting out the feelers about May,that Gus hasn’t exactly been enamoured by May’s attitude or passion to don the Blue and White..
It’s pretty clear he won’t sign anyone that doesn’t show a genuine ‘want’ to be here.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Dragons sign him for 700K a season or under then Gus is a f..kwit sorry along with his pride and principles. Get over it Gus. Most players go for the best deal just as our captain Crichton did along with Burton, Mahoney and probably all of the utilities we signed. Maybe May didn't kiss Gus' arse like some of the others because he wasn't as desperate to deal with us only. It would be nice to sign a player now and then that other clubs also want

Last edited:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If the Dragons sign him for 700K a season or under then Gus is a f..kwit sorry along with his pride and principles. Get over it Gus. Most players go for the best deal just as our captain Crichton did along with Burton, Mahoney and probably all of the utilities we signed. Maybe May didn't kiss Gus' arse like some of the others because he wasn't as desperate to deal with us only. It would be nice to sign a player now and then that other clubs also want
Reading that first line was more than enough for me

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
…Or maybe it was for another completely different reason you’re not aware of

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Cook my glorious king

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
…Or maybe it was for another completely different reason you’re not aware of
Yes maybe it was but all the players we signed weren't really wanted by other clubs including their own. Of course all the utilities would have said the right things and crawled to Gus because they were desperate for contracts. Crichton the same because he knew he wasn't going to get fullback money at the Panthers or anywhere else but us. Main motivator in joining us was money obviously let's not kid ourselves. Guys that have multiple clubs chasing them though aren't going to be so desperate to say the right things and crawl to Gus. Yes maybe we don't want to get in bidding wars also but occasionally it is necessary when you need a particular player to complete your squad. You seriously don't think Gus or our recruitment team don't make mistakes ?. Tukupa-Ke Hau Tapuha (6'5 114kgs) from the Sharks we could have had for next year if we'd moved quicker after he stood out in the trial for the Sharks against us but we left it too late by a couple of days. I can't get why he wasn't approached sooner. If you want the details msg me.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yes maybe it was but all the players we signed weren't really wanted by other clubs including their own. Of course all the utilities would have said the right things and crawled to Gus because they were desperate for contracts. Crichton the same because he knew he wasn't going to get fullback money at the Panthers or anywhere else but us. Main motivator in joining us was money obviously let's not kid ourselves. Guys that have multiple clubs chasing them though aren't going to be so desperate to say the right things and crawl to Gus. Yes maybe we don't want to get in bidding wars also but occasionally it is necessary when you need a particular player to complete your squad. You seriously don't think Gus or our recruitment team don't make mistakes ?. Tukupa-Ke Hau Tapuha (6'5 114kgs) from the Sharks we could have had for next year if we'd moved quicker after he stood out in the trial for the Sharks against us but we left it too late by a couple of days. I can't get why he wasn't approached sooner. If you want the details msg me.
From memory Critta signed for barely more than panthers final offer? I don’t think that’s a great example. Think he was more frustrated that he was last priority and they took their sweet time to get a good deal on table. He cancelled their meeting that day from memory.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not wanting to start an argument with you mate but I actually have some info on the May situation. I can tell you (as fact) that we were interested and the reasons we ended discussions outweigh any of your points above. That’s about all I’m sharing here.

I can’t comment on signing other available players - we should be considering all options however as everyone knows, the player market is fluid and there’s no such thing as a done deal until players put pen to paper.

Doglover28

Waterboy
Reaction score
Before Tukupa re-signed with the sharks, clubs were not allowed to approach him until after round 6 anyways.