News Teams Tips Vs Parramatta Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just googled the ref allocations. We have Atkins.

NO SUTTON. YEAH. He’s doing Storm. Panthers.
Sutton probably can’t sleep from the wet dream his getting waiting for the Good Friday match. Do believe it’s easier for a ref to have more influence over a game when your a crap team but Sutton is blatant with us.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Disappointed if xerri isn’t picked feel he should be based on trials personally. Big body and didn’t key us down in defence or attack.

If he can keep improving longterm he is the centre with Critta and therefor moves kiraz back to wing so just don’t get it personally.
It’s a long season bro he will get his opportunity- real game and trials chalk and cheese

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Aprt from the Salmon/Curran and Kiraz/Xerri issues, NRL side pickes itself.
Selections for NSW cup side will be quite interesting to see.
Should be a very strong NSW Cup side. Worth getting out early to watch.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sutton probably can’t sleep from the wet dream his getting waiting for the Good Friday match. Do believe it’s easier for a ref to have more influence over a game when your a crap team but Sutton is blatant with us.
As someone who refereed junior league for 23 years and junior reps for 5, I know how difficult a job refereeing is and thus I should not be critical. This was over 30 years ago, but the game has changed and is faster now.

But my experience tells me there is something wrong in the working relationship. Between the Bulldogs and the Sutton’s. It obviously goes back to Good Friday 2015, because since then we have won just 3 out of a possible 31 with Gerard and 3 out of 18 with Chris. Far too big a gap in the win/loss ratio to be above board.

The only way this can be resolved is to invite both of them on different days to our training, for a simulation game where he points out our discipline issues on the run.

One team in the junior league I refereed in (Wests Ashfield) which has been split into 2 and those clubs are either now in Balmain or Bulldogs. I went to this teams training on three separate occasions and got to the bottom of where a lot of their interpretations and mine differed. Markers not square were and still are my pet hate.

By the way I raised my concerns with the club 2 years ago, and with the NRL 3 years ago. I am still waiting for a reply.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aprt from the Salmon/Curran and Kiraz/Xerri issues, NRL side pickes itself.
Selections for NSW cup side will be quite interesting to see.
Should be a very strong NSW Cup side. Worth getting out early to watch.
Grub said this morning on BSB it will be Kiraz.

Xerri to get some "reps" in NSW cup

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the topic of Crichton at fullback conversation has glossed over the fact he clearly isn’t 100% fit.

The fact he only played 20 minutes in a trial is a bit alarming.

He is clearly still carrying his quad problem. Which totally rules any chance of him playing fullback with the extra work in the short term for me.
I thought that when he didn't chase kicks in behind during that trial. he looked like he was pushing hard just to get up to jogging pace

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh b**s**t. [emoji23][emoji23]
If you google NRL referee allocations round 1 2024 you will see Klien and Gee aren’t on field this week. Klien and Gee have games in the bunker.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
expecting
1. Taaffe
2. JAC
3. Crichton
4. Kiraz
5. Wilson
6. Burton
7. Hutchison
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Faamausili
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Salmon

14. Mann
15. Curran
16. Hughes
17. Morrin

maybe Tetevano sneaks in over Morrin or Faamausili but no idea where he's at fitness/training wise

personally not a fan of running with our 4th best option at fullback, Crichton in the centres (not because of his ability) and Xerri not being in the team (and what happens with Tracey when he's back) but I guess it'll either work out or CC will change it up

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Referees: Grant Atkins;Sideline Officials: Damian Brady, Chris Sutton;Video Referees: Liam Kennedy;

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I guess only defensive duties
I think Sexton has a lot of potential to be a very good half in this league and seeing as we arent going to compete for a premiership this year, I would rather invest the time into someone who can be a legit half for us in the future.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope there is a mystery game plan that wasn’t exposed in the trials. That bench is way too light.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think Sexton has a lot of potential to be a very good half in this league and seeing as we arent going to compete for a premiership this year, I would rather invest the time into someone who can be a legit half for us in the future.
Yeah he’s the better half end of story. Sack CC

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As someone who refereed junior league for 23 years and junior reps for 5, I know how difficult a job refereeing is and thus I should not be critical. This was over 30 years ago, but the game has changed and is faster now.

But my experience tells me there is something wrong in the working relationship. Between the Bulldogs and the Sutton’s. It obviously goes back to Good Friday 2015, because since then we have won just 3 out of a possible 31 with Gerard and 3 out of 18 with Chris. Far too big a gap in the win/loss ratio to be above board.

The only way this can be resolved is to invite both of them on different days to our training, for a simulation game where he points out our discipline issues on the run.

One team in the junior league I refereed in (Wests Ashfield) which has been split into 2 and those clubs are either now in Balmain or Bulldogs. I went to this teams training on three separate occasions and got to the bottom of where a lot of their interpretations and mine differed. Markers not square were and still are my pet hate.

By the way I raised my concerns with the club 2 years ago, and with the NRL 3 years ago. I am still waiting for a reply.
I think the working relationship between the club and most refs has deteriorated not just with the Suttons. While the club has made shocking decisions in terms of coaching and recruitment, at least those poor decisions are being corrected now. To me, nothing seems to be done to ensure that the club can have a working relationship with the refs. We are literally the black sheep of the NRL.

Last edited:

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the working relationship between the clubs and most refs has deteriorated not just with the Suttons. While the club has made shocking decisions in terms of coaching and recruitment, at least those poor decisions are being corrected now. To me, nothing seems to be done to ensure that the club can have a working relationship with the refs. We are literally the black sheep of the NRL.
I agree we are the Black Sheep. But you just can't sit on your hands and do nothing when things go against you. You've got to discuss things privately with th refs boss and the individual himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.