News Teams Tips Vs Parramatta Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Based on training today - when they do scrimmage type drills - level below opposed sessions - Kiraz will be right centre Wilson right wing Hutchison half xerri in reggies with knight, sexton. Only change from Sharks game - kiraz or xerri

Edwards, Hughes, Todd only light running - were joined by Kikau who seemed to injure himself during training.

Patolo Sutton Oloapu - just watching

Didnt see Clarke.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Based on training today - when they do scrimmage type drills - level below opposed sessions - Kiraz will be right centre Wilson right wing Hutchison half xerri in reggies with knight, sexton. Only change from Sharks game - kiraz or xerri

Edwards, Hughes, Todd only light running - were joined by Kikau who seemed to injure himself during training.

Didnt see Clarke.
Did you see Tracey?

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd be keeping Crichton at left centre purely based on the fact Will Penisini has given us trouble lately. Marking him up will also limit Moses a little bit hopefully
that’s why I don’t understand the negative posts we have about our boys. We have striker power in attack and defence on both sides. Only reason All four tries were conceded in trials were

1. Skelton defence
2. Kick for Papi
3. Poasa/Hutch defence
4. Mistake in our half

if you look at that, considering how we leaked points last year. That’s a pretty good reason for two of four tries to put down as unfortunate. I remember every try against us last year was from our backline defence reads or the middles not closing the gaps

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
that’s why I don’t understand the negative posts we have about our boys. We have striker power in attack and defence on both sides. Only reason All four tries were conceded in trials were

1. Skelton defence
2. Kick for Papi
3. Poasa/Hutch defence
4. Mistake in our half

if you look at that, considering how we leaked points last year. That’s a pretty good reason for two of four tries to put down as unfortunate. I remember every try against us last year was from our backline defence reads or the middles not closing the gaps
Burton, not Skelton.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score

1. Skelton defence
2. Kick for Papi
3. Poasa/Hutch defence
4. Mistake in our half

I agree, further to that:
1. was also due to Burton just running the length for a no try and being too tired to keep up with Pap/or pezet in the next play.
2. Was a good try but for some reason taafe was in the back of the scrum. If he wasn't there he could have diffused it. However that happened is ridiculous.
3. Is to only really bad one, mainly down to Poasa being too tired and couldn't cover across no excusses for that one.
4. As you said unlucky mistake, but the conditions seemed really bad the service from dummy half from both teams was crap all night, ball must have been really slippery.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shhhh the zookeepers will get triggered if you talk about their koala
What’s the difference between that & you naysayers getting triggered every time someone mentions your new whipping boy ? ……

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What’s the difference between that & you naysayers getting triggered every time someone mentions your new whipping boy ? ……
Well if you go through game day threads I give him credit for the few good things he does. His fan boys can't admit the wrongs he does and blames the 16 others for his fuck ups.

I want that dud to succeed. I'm not cutting my nose off to spite my face.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if you go through game day threads I give him credit for the few good things he does. His fan boys can't admit the wrongs he does and blames the 16 others for his fuck ups.

I want that dud to succeed. I'm not cutting my nose off to spite my face.
Not sure why you call him the kennels koala, because going by the majority of comments I’ve read on here, members are regularly pointing out his weaknesses, and most are saying he needs to be more committed & show vast improvements, and fast ..

The difference is they’re not one sided like some, they’re also pointing out things that he does well, and are wanting to keep him in the 6 a bit longer and see what he’s really got to offer, that doesn’t make him a protected species, just means they’re willing to give him a bit more time.

If your also pointing out what he does right, that’s good, it should be fair, because there’s some on here that only see the weaknesses and aren’t willing to concede that he also does some good things out there .. in fact they’ve pretty much filled most threads calling him a shit player ..

There’s no koala .. most have him on short notice .. I’m hoping to see consistent improvements and hope he really grows into a top 6 this year, if not, back to centre or move him on, whatever’s best moving forward.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Didnt see Clarke.
Really interested to read this info from training.
Wouldn't Ciraldo be keeping his options open with another week to go before submitting the R1 team sheet?
But does sound like Kiraz in the centres is a serious option.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really interested to read this info from training.
Wouldn't Ciraldo be keeping his options open with another week to go before submitting the R1 team sheet?
But does sound like Kiraz in the centres is a serious option.
No doubt butwith still a week to name teams thisis hwo they were lining up today - could be different tomrrow

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not sure why you call him the kennels koala, because going by the majority of comments I’ve read on here, members are regularly pointing out his weaknesses, and most are saying he needs to be more committed & show vast improvements, and fast ..

The difference is they’re not one sided like some, they’re also pointing out things that he does well, and are wanting to keep him in the 6 a bit longer and see what he’s really got to offer, that doesn’t make him a protected species, just means they’re willing to give him a bit more time.

If your also pointing out what he does right, that’s good, it should be fair, because there’s some on here that only see the weaknesses and aren’t willing to concede that he also does some good things out there .. in fact they’ve pretty much filled most threads calling him a shit player ..

There’s no koala .. most have him on short notice .. I’m hoping to see consistent improvements and hope he really grows into a top 6 this year, if not, back to centre or move him on, whatever’s best moving forward.
I noticed more and more called him out for his crap towards end of last season and this preseason games.

He is going into his 3rd year, how much more does he need?

Whether if it's him or someone else, I just want the best option for our team.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mistake not picking Xerri.
Kiraz isn’t a centre. Plus he’ll be unfit coming off an injury.
Mahoney needs to work on his tackle efficiency too, he missed 20% of his tackles against sharks, do they against Parra and their middle will destroy us

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I like how Kiraz starts our sets.

Fox and Wilson not so good at that imo.

Fox, Wilson and Taffe as a back 3 is too lite weight.
Wilson is pretty good imo, makes decent metres and has a quick play the ball. Punched out just under 70 pcm against the Sharks. I think he deserves his chance while Kiraz deserves his in his preferred position. Let's just hope Ciraldo doesn't wait months to make changes if things aren't working.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Didnt see Clarke.
If that is training, the season will be a disaster. Hutchinson has never been any clubs long term 7. Why pick him to start the year at 7 this late in his career? Remind CC Pehram '23'. Mann played one trial, where he basically impersenated Pehram and Tolman combined late in the tackle count. Kiraz is a winger and should only be used as a centre when injuries strike. CC is blind to preferably Xerri or at least Taffe. So Edwards and Patolo still injured, this also sounds like '23' revisited. Taffe at 1 and Salmon as a starting 13 will need to offer a lot more if the Dogs are any hope of winning more than one game in the first few rounds.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If that is training, the season will be a disaster. Hutchinson has never been any clubs long term 7. Why pick him to start the year at 7 this late in his career? Remind CC Pehram '23'. Mann played one trial, where he basically impersenated Pehram and Tolman combined late in the tackle count. Kiraz is a winger and should only be used as a centre when injuries strike. CC is blind to preferably Xerri or at least Taffe. So Edwards and Patolo still injured, this also sounds like '23' revisited. Taffe at 1 and Salmon as a starting 13 will need to offer a lot more if the Dogs are any hope of winning more than one game in the first few rounds.
I meant at least Tracey regarding the centre position.

Status
Not open for further replies.