Opinion Team vs Roosters

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There has been a fair bit of negativity on the kennel as of late and rightfully so. I know I am asking to be shutdown but regardless of the previous result, I always look forward to Tuesday 4pm. I think we will see something like this on the weekend. If Baz was in a position to not play the guys who broke protocols he probably wouldn't, but I just don't know who he will pick otherwise.

1 Allan
2 Okunbor
3 Hoppa (last game before he finishes up)
4 Schoupp
5 Meaney
6 Wakeham
7 Averillo
8 Hetherington
9 Katoa
10 Thompson
11 Waddell
12 Doorey
13 Jacko

14 BBO
15 Napa
16 Stimson
17 Topine

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
I might be wrong but I don’t think okunbor is available,
1 Meany
2 Okunbor ( katoa) -(manu)
3 Hoppa
4 Schoupp
5 Allan
6 Wakeham
7 Averillo
8 Hetherington
9 Katoa
10 Thompson
11 Waddell
12 Doorey
13 Jacko

14 BBO
15 Napa
16 Stimson
17 Topine

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tips: It’s not going to get any easier for the Bulldogs with Jeremy Marshall-King facing a two-game ban and Ava Seumanufagai looking at a one-match ban. The five players that were forced to isolate due to a Covid breach are set to return to training this week however coach Trent Barrett refused to confirm after last Saturday’s loss whether Dylan Napa, Corey Waddell, Brandon Wakeham, Sione Katoa and Aaron Schoupp would return to the side this week. If Marshall-King cops his ban, Barrett will have to scramble to find a replacement hooker. Last week’s debutant Bailey Biondo-Odo is an option, or Lachie Lewis is capable of filling in. Either Renouf Atoni or Ofahiki Ogden will likely replace Seumanufagai.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't see Barrett not picking Flanagan. BTW just heard that both JMK and Ava have been suspended for 1 game.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see that Radley is back as well so it will be another carve up. Especially considering they are coming off getting carved up so Robbo will be keen for them to carve us up. We would be lucky to carve up a marshmallow.

Flanno is either at halfback or not in the side. I would actually give Lewis a game there. Everyone else has failed.

I agree with Allan at fullback. He is putrid on the wing and in the centres and Meaney is gone next year.

The rest looks as good as its gonna get for us. Manu will chime in and pick us apart on the edges and Walker will throw half a dozen cut out passes to unmarked wingers who will go over untouched.

Carve up.

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I reckon its worth moving AVO to fullback.
Meaney to Wing if Okunbor not ready.
Halves a mess - BBO/Lewis.
Wakeham to cover from bench to either cover Hooker or when Lewis gets hooked.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Baz has to watch that game against Manly on the weekend and quite simply exclude any player who threw in the white flag at any point in that match. That's really all you can do, pick a team you know will give it their all and rip in. Which means Lewis has to be in the 17 somewhere just on effort alone. Also means Meaney who was a complete pea-heart in the back end of that game doesn't get picked at all. I don't think either of those things will happen but that's what I would do after that diabolical performance.
Either way, I know we're trying not to be negative, but I get the same dreaded feeling I got in our 2008 season at the end when you knew every week not only would we lose but we would get absolutely caned. Roosters are going to want to give their F&A a boost so I think we're in for a very rough time this weekend and next against Souths. Hope I'm wrong.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Could be in a good chance without tedesco and crighton and possibly walker if he's rested. They've been pretty poor full strength cant imagine them without their best players

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be in a good chance without tedesco and crighton and possibly walker if he's rested. They've been pretty poor full strength cant imagine them without their best players
Mate they will still pump us. They still have Radley, JWH, Taukeiaho, Topouniua and Lui up front plus Manu, J Moz, Toupou and Walker in the backs. As I mentioned earlier Walker will pick us apart out wide.

I agree they havent been good lately but on paper they still have us covered by a loooong way especially with all of the players we have out

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can’t understand why Trent is overlooking Renouf? Even with one leg, Renouf is a much more superior player than Stimpson

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I can’t understand why Trent is overlooking Renouf? Even with one leg, Renouf is a much more superior player than Stimpson
and plenty of other players in our forward pack. It has to be attitude issues at this point.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate they will still pump us. They still have Radley, JWH, Taukeiaho, Topouniua and Lui up front plus Manu, J Moz, Toupou and Walker in the backs. As I mentioned earlier Walker will pick us apart out wide.

I agree they havent been good lately but on paper they still have us covered by a loooong way especially with all of the players we have out
Good chance Walker gets rested after being smashed against storm. If they are serious about player a few they have to rest him.
Other than that we're still stuffed dogs