Team v Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Bulldogs v Raiders Trial Saturday 28 February

The Bulldogs have today named their 21 man squad for this Saturday's final trial match against the Raiders at Meakin Park in Brisbane; kick off at 8pm (Qld time).

Bulldogs Head Coach Kevin Moore had a number of tough selection decisions to make, after some impressive performances at last weekend's trials in Wollongong, along with the return of Luke Patten and Ben Roberts from injuries.

Moore again highlighted the fact the trials are about testing various combinations and trialling the changes introduced throughout the offseason with the focus remaining on round one v Manly at ANZ Stadium.

"This week's squad has a different makeup, based on a variety of factors, including form, availability of players and some injuries, Moore said today.

"Players like Conrad Ta'akimoeaka and Charlie Leaeno have been rewarded for their strong performances and off season training, whilst Luke Patten and Ben Roberts will have their first hit out for the season".

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Josh Morris
4. Jamal Idris
5. Matt Utai
6. Ben Roberts
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Ben Hannant
9. Mick Ennis
10. Michael Hodgson
11. Gary Warburton
12. Andrew Ryan
13. Lee Te Maari

Interchange
14. Brent Crisp
15. Chris Armit
16. Daniel Holdsworth
17. Charlie Leaeno
19. Conrad Ta'akimoeaka
20. Yileen Gordon
21. Bryson Goodwin
22. Ben Barba

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Interesting that we only have 4 forwards on the bench and we have two winger/fullbacks on there in Crisp and Goodwin. Obviously alot of the guys up front will be getting alot of game time.

Hopefully Roberts goes well and it is great to see The General back. Noticed Stagg wasn't in, he must have an injury of some sort and that Kite and Koops will still be in Reserves.

PeaKer

Origin Rep
Reaction score
Where's David Stagg ?

Hopefully he's only being rested & not carrying any injuries or anything.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats a very strong team (just replace warburton with stagg)

Still no Kite. Must of had a crappy off-season.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Ughh - I wanna see the General play ffs!

Why do they insist on taking these games to Brisbane when both sides are 1000kms away ffs :nervous:

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
I wonder what the go with Kite is. He must not have been impressing during the off season and is being made to work harder and earn his spot which could be better in the long run, same with Koups.

The team is pretty expected and will be interested to see how Roberts/Noddy go in the halves. Also the forwards on the bench really have a chance to cement a spot in the 17 for Rnd 1 with a couple of spots up for grabs.

D

dogs_4 lyf

didn't he have surgery in the off season on an injury or something?

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
i dont think Kite has been injured, i saw him a few wks ago in campsie walking the streets and he looked fine

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Supposedly both Kite and Koops were very strong in Reserves last week. Hopefully both keep their heads down, keep on working and will get a call up soon enough if their form continues and their attitude is right.

C

chipandchase

interesting the useless crisp is on the bench, id say it is only to cover Patten, who id expect to only play part of the game.
cant understand why Kite is not been given a run.
not a bad looking team, but our bench is alittle thin.

D

dogs_4 lyf

i guess kite will be used similar to barba.

get alot of game time in the NSW Cup with the big boys, and then based on form & injury be promoted to FG.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
i guess kite will be used similar to barba.

get alot of game time in the NSW Cup with the big boys, and then based on form & injury be promoted to FG.
The difference is Kite's body and game is ready for FG appearances off the bench for 20 minute spells and he did quite well in FG last year playing that role.

Both players are still developing obviously and both are far from the finished product but Kite is more NRL ready and only a poor off season or attitude could be the only thing preventing him from at least getting a run on an extended trial FG bench because last year he looked very good in FG.

D

dogs_4 lyf

The difference is Kite's body and game is ready for FG appearances off the bench for 20 minute spells and he did quite well in FG last year playing that role.

Both players are still developing obviously and both are far from the finished product but Kite is more NRL ready and only a poor off season or attitude could be the only thing preventing him from at least getting a run on an extended trial FG bench because last year he looked very good in FG.
agreed, i really want to see Kite in FG because he can be dynamic and give us that extra grunt and go forward we need.

but considering he hasnt been used in FG, it intends to me that hell be used in NSW cup more often than in FG..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
agreed, i really want to see Kite in FG because he can be dynamic and give us that extra grunt and go forward we need.

but considering he hasnt been used in FG, it intends to me that hell be used in NSW cup more often than in FG..
Like we said before, lets hope he can force his way into the FG picture soon enough because he has the potential, in due course, to be another extremely good prop at this club following the likes of Mason, O'Meley, Asotasi, Price, Britt and co.

Hopefully all of this is nothing more than Moore erring on the side of caution and doing what he thinks is best for Kite's development and will use him like Barba and have him in Reserves for the first 8-10 weeks and then use him in FG from then on. Hopefully it is a case of that and nothing more concerning or serious like Kite having a poor off season, work ethic or attitude etc. (Which I doubt would be the case because Kite seems to have a good head on his shoulders.)

D

dogs_4 lyf

Like we said before, lets hope he can force his way into the FG picture soon enough because he has the potential, in due course, to be another extremely good prop at this club following the likes of Mason, O'Meley, Asotasi, Price, Britt and co.

Hopefully all of this is nothing more than Moore erring on the side of caution and doing what he thinks is best for Kite's development and will use him like Barba and have him in Reserves for the first 8-10 weeks and then use him in FG from then on. Hopefully it is a case of that and nothing more concerning or serious like Kite having a poor off season, work ethic or attitude etc. (Which I doubt would be the case because Kite seems to have a good head on his shoulders.)
He definitely has the potential to match those forwards you named and hopefully he used well and that he gets his opportunity to really make a claim for his spot in the team, and i agree with the comment about Moore i really hope he isnt negative with the likes of Kite and Barba because we can really get them going in FG.

Im pretty sure i heard somewhere that Kite had surgery in the off season so that may or may not effected his training.. in saying that im sure hes attitude would of been spot on during the off season, and in Barba's case theres definitely been an improvement, he has bulked up and against the dragons kept getting stuck in with the big boys and seemed like he can tackle.

B

Ben Godberts

It is a trial, Kite will play 10 to 15 games of first grade this year.

He is nowhere near the standard of armit hannant and hodgson, you people are fools if you think he is.

He is a starting nsw prop at best atm

Status
Not open for further replies.