News Team Tips vs Roosters

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team Tips: Josh Addo-Carrfailed his HIA after a tackle form Latrell Mitchell and will miss the clash with the Roosters. Blake Wilson is the most likely replacement after being named last week before being replaced by Addo-Carr. It’s the last thing Cameron Ciraldo needed after the Bulldogs slumped to defeat against the Rabbitohs in Round 4. The face the Roosters and Storm in the next two rounds and could easily find themselves with just one win from the opening six matches. However, Bronson Xerri could be in line for a club debut, which might see Jacob Kiraz switch to the wing. Jacob Preston is expected to miss six weeks with a jaw fracture, with Samuel Hugheslikely to start and Kitione Kautoga a chance to come onto the bench. Kurtis Morrin is facing a two or three week suspension with a dangerous throw charge with Poasa Faamausili likely to come into the 17 after returning from concussion.

The Bulldogs have suffered a triple blow for this week with Josh Addo-Carr (concussion), Kurtis Morrin(suspension), and Jacob Preston(jaw) ruled out of the match.

Connor Tracey will remain in starting line-up, while Poasa Faamausili is the likely forward to be recalled to the team.

The addition of Faamausili will see him join the interchange bench, pushing Josh Curran to the starting second-row. Kitione Kautoga or Chris Patolowill also join the bench.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hughes, Faamausili, and Kautoga, will CC give them more than 15 minutes each?

I don't like the way how he's opted for bigger minutes for Mann, Morrin, Salmon and given only 15 minutes to the bigger bodies.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Knowing CC he will pick Patalo

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon Ciraldo starts Salmon in the 2nd row, moves Curran or Mann to lock and puts Kautoga on the bench. Wilson will come in for Fox.

Either way I'd like to see Kautoga get decent minutes. He hits hard, has great line speed and deserves his opportunity

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon Ciraldo starts Salmon in the 2nd row, moves Curran or Mann to lock and puts Kautoga on the bench. Wilson will come in for Fox.

Either way I'd like to see Kautoga get decent minutes. He hits hard, has great line speed and deserves his opportunity
Everything is good except the Salmon bit. He should be dropped.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Everything is good except the Salmon bit. He should be dropped.

Fair enough but I saying what I reckon Ciraldo will do, not what I'd do. I don't think Salmon should be starting.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Listening to some talk about xerri centre and kiraz to wing.
I just want Hutchinson to be dropped.

DirtyDog72

Waterboy
Reaction score
TAAFE to 5/8, Crichton to Fullback, Hutcho to reserve grade

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On paper the Roosters should defeat Canterbury by 20.
I recall saying the same thing in the corresponding match last year

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd be more hopeful if you guys hadn't lost 2 out of your last 3. Your pack and bench is way stronger and the Roosters halves will help convert opportunities whereas our halves don't.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Team Tips: Josh Addo-Carrfailed his HIA after a tackle form Latrell Mitchell and will miss the clash with the Roosters. Blake Wilson is the most likely replacement after being named last week before being replaced by Addo-Carr. It’s the last thing Cameron Ciraldo needed after the Bulldogs slumped to defeat against the Rabbitohs in Round 4. The face the Roosters and Storm in the next two rounds and could easily find themselves with just one win from the opening six matches. However, Bronson Xerri could be in line for a club debut, which might see Jacob Kiraz switch to the wing. Jacob Preston is expected to miss six weeks with a jaw fracture, with Samuel Hugheslikely to start and Kitione Kautoga a chance to come onto the bench. Kurtis Morrin is facing a two or three week suspension with a dangerous throw charge with Poasa Faamausili likely to come into the 17 after returning from concussion.

The Bulldogs have suffered a triple blow for this week with Josh Addo-Carr (concussion), Kurtis Morrin(suspension), and Jacob Preston(jaw) ruled out of the match.

Connor Tracey will remain in starting line-up, while Poasa Faamausili is the likely forward to be recalled to the team.

The addition of Faamausili will see him join the interchange bench, pushing Josh Curran to the starting second-row. Kitione Kautoga or Chris Patolowill also join the bench.
Curran second row will be a Supercoach nightmare... So close to getting DPP ffs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Very true and some dodgy ref calls gifted roosters the win. I don't think you should have any concerns this week though

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Salmon out of the 17, I'm begging.

Crashdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
So many kennelers who know more about selecting a bulldogs team than CC - just like Buzz
NRL has two components, attack and DEFENCE. Many great coaches believe wins are on the back of great defence.
Defence this year is so much better than last year with Hutch in place of speed bump Secton.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

KK has a great off one arm offload - just needs to choose well when to use it.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
And didn’t Canterbury beat the Roosters in 2022 ?
I believe that was the game Fox carved up and Manu or Suaalii thought they won the game and got up celebrating only for try to be disallowed.