Official Team List Round 22 v Warriors + Match Discussion

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Potter picks this side fuck me
Definitely needs help with selections and bench rotations and fitness and defence...

How doesn't anyone else in the club, especially Gus, let him pick the most putrid bench in the league? ZDC and Potato suck so much arse.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was a massive effort in D up until the last 10min with a fcuk all forward pack... There are just some days the ball doesnt stick and you plahy a team playing at 100% and a ref who gives you nothing all game.

With a full strenght squad we win that game.

Could be worse, could be Parra, with a near full strength squad and cant score a point at home leading into the finals.
Nah bro nothing is worse when you’re a kiwi
I’ve blocked every mofo that’s has tagged me or @Me on social media even my own brother [emoji23]

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those using the turnaround and travel excuse, the Warriors played in QLD a day earlier - they too travelled but had enough energy to score 7 tries

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wonder if people will be more measured in their response today... probably not :tearsofjoy:

I constantly get called negative yet when we lose its a fucking free for all on here by plenty of posters who simply use this opportunity to attack players and staff at the club. People really need to actually start watching games so they actually have some sort of idea of what's going on rather than just looking at the final result.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
For those using the turnaround and travel excuse, the Warriors played in QLD a day earlier - they too travelled but had enough energy to score 7 tries
Mentally tougher?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wonder if people will be more measured in their response today... probably not :tearsofjoy:

I constantly get called negative yet when we lose its a fucking free for all on here by plenty of posters who simply use this opportunity to attack players and staff at the club. People really need to actually start watching games so they actually have some sort of idea of what's going on rather than just looking at the final result.
I know it's a sickness but I watch every game live then the next day when I have calmed down. You actually see so much more when emotion is taken out.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mentally tougher?
The team that the Warriors fielded last night was not a strong team - the Dogs were woeful - too many players that are just not good enough to be in first grade together. Lots of good solid reserve graders who need the first grade standard players to be on their game for the team to be competitive.

Edwards has spent most of the year coming off the bench in NSW Cup - solid at that level at best, Topine was dropped to Flegg because of technical flaws Patolo has hardly played NSW Cup but in games he has played hasnt stood out yet he continually gets picked, Schoupp is one dimensional - runs hard ZDC soild reserve grader.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The team that the Warriors fielded last night was not a strong team - the Dogs were woeful - too many players that are just not good enough to be in first grade together. Lots of good solid reserve graders who need the first grade standard players to be on their game for the team to be competitive.

Edwards has spent most of the year coming off the bench in NSW Cup - solid at that level at best, Topine was dropped to Flegg because of technical flaws Patolo has hardly played NSW Cup but in games he has played hasnt stood out yet he continually gets picked, Schoupp is one dimensional - runs hard ZDC soild reserve grader.
All true. It's gonna be awhile till we can boast a full first grade team with solid Cup replacements to come in and do a job for the team.

We got excited there for a few games but theres a long way to go.

Our foundations aren't solid enough as yet.

We wait a bit longer.

My main concern is the total collapse of resolve to keep our tryline protected at the end.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Shut the fuck up ****

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What has happened to Doorey. has his shortcomings but is a bigger body and a decent hole runner and would provide better value off the bench than docker clay, potato and edwards.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What has happened to Doorey. has his shortcomings but is a bigger body and a decent hole runner and would provide better value off the bench than docker clay, potato and edwards.
He just came back from an ACL and he can barely hold a ball in reserve grade.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
All true. It's gonna be awhile till we can boast a full first grade team with solid Cup replacements to come in and do a job for the team.

We got excited there for a few games but theres a long way to go.

Our foundations aren't solid enough as yet.

We wait a bit longer.

My main concern is the total collapse of resolve to keep our tryline protected at the end.
I believe that it can be established next year - will need a lot go right

1. Free up more cap space / top 30 by moving on "some of the following - Allan, Waddell, Burns, Schoupp, Okunbor, Thompson
2. Sign two tough nut middle forwards who are first grade ready
3. No more signing of players JUST because they have a good attitude - a good attitude should be a starting point ( along with run hard tackle hard) not be the deciding criteria on whether a player is signed - is a professional well paid career opportunity not a school side.
4. Quality coaching including conditioning and strength.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He is soft as diarrhea. Shouldn't be re-signed.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I want more proper experienced pigs, like Vaughan. Size and experience. We’ve got some decent size with TPJ, and point of difference like Thommo. We need someone who’s going to put their head down and just work hard. And we need a couple at least. Look at our bench against the wahs… what the hell is that. And we’ve been running the smallest bench for the last month.
Would be nice but I don't think it's gonna happen. The best ull get is King, Sutton and Jacko and maybe Davey. The rest will be kids.

Our forwards are all out.. Hetho, Thommo, Waddell and TPJ. Basically Ur starting line up would have been Ur bench.

I understand the disappointment but the boys kept it 18-18 up until the final quarter with half a team and a third of the ball.

Full team, more ball.. the score line is the other way around and then some I reckon.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah bro nothing is worse when you’re a kiwi
I’ve blocked every mofo that’s has tagged me or @Me on social media even my own brother [emoji23]
I feel ya bro.. are we still on top of them on ladder atleast?