Official Team List Round 22 v Warriors + Match Discussion

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we lose to this rabble, I'm following the Swans for the rest of the season.
Keep in mind mate that they have only played 2 games NZ. I agree they are a rabble but in their 2 home games in NZ they beat the tigers 22-2 and were competitive against the storm when they got beat 24-12.

We should win but they are a completely different side at home

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah TPJ is a solid fella. Cops a lot of shit on here by people who expect him to be a workhorse. TPJ is the player who will pull off the miracle offload or game changing hit in a big game. Very few of his type in the NRL
He cops shit because he's on a reported 750k a season and is providing terrible value for money.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Keep in mind mate that they have only played 2 games NZ. I agree they are a rabble but in their 2 home games in NZ they beat the tigers 22-2 and were competitive against the storm when they got beat 24-12.

We should win but they are a completely different side at home
They will def win the penalty count... im sure of it

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He cops shit because he's on a reported 750k a season and is providing terrible value for money.
I think he has played well this year. Our second phase play which has changed our season is built off him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think he has played well this year. Our second phase play which has changed our season is built off him.
It doesn't matter, for the type of money he's on he simply needs to be more reliable and consistent. His best game for us imo was the one against Parra, he didn't break a single tackle and only offloaded twice yet he was physically dominant and set the tone in both attack and defence. All the tackle breaks and offloads look great on paper and may lead to some good moments but overall they aren't as effective as him simply doing what he did against Parramatta and unfortunately that only happens a couple times a season.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It doesn't matter, for the type of money he's on he simply needs to be more reliable and consistent. His best game for us imo was the one against Parra, he didn't break a single tackle and only offloaded twice yet he was physically dominant and set the tone in both attack and defence. All the tackle breaks and offloads look great on paper and may lead to some good moments but overall they aren't as effective as him simply doing what he did against Parramatta and unfortunately that only happens a couple times a season.
I think he has been pretty consistent this year. IMO, he would be in the top 3 players most weeks. I think he has the ability to be much more damaging though. He has the skill set to be the best forward in the game....end of the day - i like his craziness in our team

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he has been pretty consistent this year. IMO, he would be in the top 3 players most weeks. I think he has the ability to be much more damaging though. He has the skill set to be the best forward in the game....end of the day - i like his craziness in our team
Geez mate you must be watching different games than me. I reckon he has been in our top 3 players very few weeks. He has more ability than any of other forwards but I just dont see him changing many games.

Hopefully with a better pre-season under a head trainer who has half a clue he can work on his conditioning and come back better next year.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Geez mate you must be watching different games than me. I reckon he has been in our top 3 players very few weeks. He has more ability than any of other forwards but I just dont see him changing many games.

Hopefully with a better pre-season under a head trainer who has half a clue he can work on his conditioning and come back better next year.
I agree I think a big preseason is key for TPJ. The last time he had a massive game for us was against Parra when he almost single handily got us on the front foot. Been pretty quiet since then.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Top 3 player most weeks? I wouldn't even have him in out top 3 forwards most weeks.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You cant make yourself reliable! Injuries are just a part of the game