Official Team List Round 19 v Titans + Match Discussion

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
My first game at parra stadium today
It’s a fantastic venue
It is a great venue.

I've only been once and that was a few years ago when it reopened to the public just after the 98th covid lockdown.

They checked your temperature before you went in and the official crowd went up on the screen as 190 or something but I think it could have easily been 200.

They had those weird cardboard cutout people things everywhere.

Hopoate got injured early and Holland had a shocker - we got towelled up by Tigpies.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
You are looking at it the wrong way.

They used TPJ to antagonise Tina, and get him ready for a massive showdown.

Then we pulled TPJ and Tina was trying to go off but he wasn't there.

Clearly put the little bitch off his game.

The grub got mindfucked.

Besides, Waddell made her cry.
Yeah the dude with the gay haircut did a lot of f**k ups today - and lost the game too.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Herman Ese'ese has outstanding today, every run he made he pushed Jackson and Waddell of him and his runs were hard. He was a Bulldog junior and is now off-contract.

Herman Ese'ese
Royce Hunt
Franklin Pele
Sione Fainu
Poasa
Faamausili

All these off-contract props are killing and there no other props available (only retiring and very old props).

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Herman Ese'ese has outstanding today, every run he made he pushed Jackson and Waddell of him and his runs were hard. He was a Bulldog junior and is now off-contract.

Herman Ese'ese
Royce Hunt
Franklin Pele
Sione Fainu
Poasa
Faamausili

All these off-contract props are killing and there no other props available (only retiring and very old props).
Pele should be a target. He’s a unit and still scored a hatrik the other week with one of them a near length of the field effort. Beast

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Herman Ese'ese
Royce Hunt
Franklin Pele
Sione Fainu
Poasa
Faamausili

We tried to bring him back a few years ago (when we tried to sign Koro and Ramien too) and he rejected us for Titans to play limited games and minutes, unlucko.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just watched replay. Not the 100% performance, fair enough, that some expect from a Panthers or Top 4 etc team ..but geez our guys are playing 100% for each other and giving all of their ability. Overall a top performance and we thoroughly out
played titans and had them covered.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did the Titans get results from kicks or what ?

Four tries.

Three six agains.

Two seven tackle sets from our poor kicks.

Throw in Cummins with his usual handling of our games, and i think it was a very good win.

Thought our two starting props were very good.

The rule that gives the Titans seven tackles after Kiraz was tackled touch in goal is a JOKE.

How can the attacking team be penalised for that.

Been a bug bear of mine for years.

B-Town Lad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You are looking at it the wrong way.

They used TPJ to antagonise Tina, and get him ready for a massive showdown.

Then we pulled TPJ and Tina was trying to go off but he wasn't there.

Clearly put the little bitch off his game.

The grub got mindfucked.

Besides, Waddell made her cry.
I don’t follow. At least their man spent time on the field and not hidden on the bench for most of it

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Concussion, he was at the game today
Struth his concussion must be serious, I didn't see him have to many concussioins previously,so he should look at retireing.
If that is the case he is not tough enough for the NRL.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
All except the last titans try we’re from kicks. The first two at least were due to Casey being caught in the line. As has been mentioned above if avo or more experienced full back is there they prob don’t get scored. IMO titans got lucky off those kick plays this could have been a blow out. Doggies looking good. Scores getting closer May have saved Holbrook for now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All except the last titans try we’re from kicks. The first two at least were due to Casey being caught in the line. As has been mentioned above if avo or more experienced full back is there they prob don’t get scored. IMO titans got lucky off those kick plays this could have been a blow out. Doggies looking good. Scores getting closer May have saved Holbrook for now.
We're just shit with kicks in general, attacking and defending lol. Kiraz is actually fairly strong under the highball but I don't think we've put in a cross field kick for him all season.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We're just shit with kicks in general, attacking and defending lol. Kiraz is actually fairly strong under the highball but I don't think we've put in a cross field kick for him all season.
Did Flano kick a ball today? I honestly cant remember 1.
That short drop out from Burto they scored on that set. I just dont see any advantage to the low percentage kicks. He isnt Cleary. Often Burtons kicks (most games) has the opposition first tackled on their 30. Is it poor kick chase? I dont understand why that hasnt been addressed or am I missing something.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That short drop out from Burto they scored on that set. I just dont see any advantage to the low percentage kicks. He isnt Cleary. Often Burtons kicks (most games) has the opposition first tackled on their 30. Is it poor kick chase? I dont understand why that hasnt been addressed or am I missing something.
No I don't think he did. I've been carrying on about Burton's general play kicking for a while so don't get me started on it again haha. He has actually forced a fair few dropouts and has obviously put in a some nice kicks for JAC but right now he's very hit and hope rather than prioritising placement and landing the ball in the right areas.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not 1 kick bro.

Screenshot_20220724-223644_League Live.jpg

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No I don't think he did. I've been carrying on about Burton's general play kicking for a while so don't get me started on it again haha. He has actually forced a fair few dropouts and has obviously put in a some nice kicks for JAC but right now he's very hit and hope rather than prioritising placement and landing the ball in the right areas.
Weve seen some flash kick for JAC this year. Im not trying to sound harsh on Burto. My thoughts are strategic game management. Kicking for field postion. Some games we fight for field position. Today there were periods of the game where Titans went 2/3 the length of the field off sets. When they are starting from there 20-30 metre line they are hitting our red zone. Its not just today. Potter said half time last week he wanted to see kicks deeper into the corners. Anyways, no biggy. See what next week brings.