Official Team List Round 15 v Tigers + Match Discussion

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Probably so, but it puts how Brisbane dealt with the Haas issue in perspective. Few clubs show the staunch act works. Hell, it may not in the long run, but they nipped his request for a renegotiation in the bud quickly and it seems to have blown over. He's not playing though, so he can't tank.
Luciano was Gone next year anyway, tigers can’t make the 8 so use the spot to promote a junior for next year

Reidunit101

New Pup
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how we back up the performance against parra this week.. if we can build a bit of momentum and gain some confidence the last half of the season we play a 4 bottom 8 teams plus the bye ..hopefully we can get a couple more wins to finish of the season on a high note . We seem to be better in attack under potter and our defense against parra was the best I’ve seen in a long time

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Way I see it, now everyone knows what they can do, we want to see that every week.

More importantly, the boys know what they can do, massive confidence boost. Parra didn't have an off day, we FORCED them to play shit.

They knew all Parra had was line balls (more forward than line), inside passes and spreading it wide because they couldn't go through our middle. We shut them down.

They put the origin forwards on show.
It was abit of both I reckon. Parra didnt 100% turn up for the game but we played them into playing worse. Tpj seemed to put the fear in them. And the boys like Burton and schoup rubbed it in their faces which effected them more. We need to keep that same energy every week. I expect a win this week but I'm still not 100% confident we will.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs favourites going into this game. Bookies writing off Tigers.

Can't remember last time we went into a game as favourites.

Bulldogs: $1.80
West Tigers: $2.00

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was abit of both I reckon. Parra didnt 100% turn up for the game but we played them into playing worse. Tpj seemed to put the fear in them. And the boys like Burton and schoup rubbed it in their faces which effected them more. We need to keep that same energy every week. I expect a win this week but I'm still not 100% confident we will.
Parra did 100% turn up for the game, they told me. Actually brad Arthur even said it himself they were up for it all week and on game day…..

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't forget Waddell doing an Oscar performance dive to deny Parra's first try & then Averillo's interception try to deny Parra a second try was a huge turnaround. Dogs have never been that lucky all year to get off to a flyer.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I didn't see the game, but did read that in a discussion about his immediate release. So even if he was still there he may not have been a threat, but really, if we play anywhere near as well as Monday, we should have no problem accounting for tigs. I don't rate them at all. They don't have many threats. Douehi is their biggest probably and it's his first game back in ages. Hastings is so overrated it's hilarious. He touches the ball a lot. Big deal, it's what you do with it that matters. I did see the highlights of their last game now that I think of it and one thing I remember is him clutching at Aloai (I think) with a pathetic attempt to stop him scoring.
Leilua tanked to cement his release

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how we back up the performance against parra this week.. if we can build a bit of momentum and gain some confidence the last half of the season we play a 4 bottom 8 teams plus the bye ..hopefully we can get a couple more wins to finish of the season on a high note . We seem to be better in attack under potter and our defense against parra was the best I’ve seen in a long time
Agree, the only try Parra scored was due to Schoupp jamming in unnecessarily and made Moses mind up for him to throw the face ball in the hole Schoupp should’ve been covering

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope TPJ doesn't play too much on the edges where he is wasted. He is much better used in the middle like against Parra getting amongst their forwards with agression and using his offloads.
He has to considering the makeup of our bench.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dogs favourites going into this game. Bookies writing off Tigers.

Can't remember last time we went into a game as favorites.

Bulldogs: $1.80
West Tigers: $2.00
Should give it to them but always tread warily, use it as preparation to take on the Sharks, if we beat them then you are talking serious.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When was the last time we won back to back? Would be awesome to get the win against the tigers . Come on dogs , you have got this. I hope they turn up again to play some footy

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luciana in limbo at the moment apparently cowboys have salary cap issues.