Official Team List Round 14 v Eels + Match Discussion

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have SFA depth at Hooker

All our current options are garbage.

JMK would of been terrific for cover, but obviously it aint happening

Turpin from Broncos is available, though I doubt that he would sign on to be NSW cup hooker

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its so easy to criticize the quality of the forward pack. Sad truth is we do not have anyone who is NRL ready.
There's a lot of young pups, but they simply are not NRL ready.
Give them a crack though.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good chance of upset win .

look if eels turn up it will be a flogging but this year they not as good as last couple and more vulnerable to playing shit against sides they are expected to beat . Plus the eels v dogs rivalry it could get interesting if they don’t aim up . Plus whoever they put on wing is vulnerable to the kick behind the line from burton go jac
You may not have watched the current Bulldogs in action of late, so I’ll tell you how the script will play out:-
*Kick Off… we go set for set for the first 15mins
* Continued 6 agains/penalties see Eels inside Dogs 20
* Sivo with a 1st half double
* Dogs come out fired up 2nd half
* Dogs Put on a few points to get close
* Error see’s momentum change to Eels
*Final 20mins see Eels put 18 unanswered points to win
* Waddell shaking hands with the corner post
*Stimpson skulling any left over beer in Bay 12
* Jackson seated next to Potter at conference says “I speak more at these conferences than I do on the field”

The End

timedog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Like I mentioned before, BBO has to come into HB and stay there if he is going to be an option next year. As should Avo and ZDC.

This year is all about 2023 now, we will be lucky to avoid the spoon so we have to focus on making some reserves into FG options.

100% agree, we need to be getting these young fellas some more FG runs under their belts.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Surely he has to be better than all the other duds mentioned
I'm not a fan of him, bit of a protected species these days and should really be doing better down at Canberra imo.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeh im not sure mate, but ZDC has been around at several nsw cup sides and was playing massey last year. Surely we have better options as a back up than ZDC. Im not sure what hookers we have coming through or what is on the market for cover
Dont see ZDC long term option - Flegg have used 4 dummy halves and NSW Cup three - if none of them are held in high regard id be looking at Joash Papilii (spelling not sure) - in sgbal has played all spine positions and does so with with aggression. Has played a couple of Flegg games.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dont see ZDC long term option - Flegg have used 4 dummy halves and NSW Cup three - if none of them are held in high regard id be looking at Joash Papilii (spelling not sure) - in sgbal has played all spine positions and does so with with aggression. Has played a couple of Flegg games.
ZDC might be good depth for a year or so though, would like to see him get a decent spell at hooker at some point this season.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
ZDC is currently our best hooker imo. I wouldn't be surprised if he was kept for 1-2 years as depth until a kid comes through or we sign someone else.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
ZDC is currently our best hooker imo. I wouldn't be surprised if he was kept for 1-2 years as depth until a kid comes through or we sign someone else.
squad balance will determine a lot - cook is signed for next year and unless he improves a lot he is a bottleneck.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We signed some kid from parra. I think his name is Mahoney. We will have to wait and see if he can unseat ZDC

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We signed some kid from parra. I think his name is Mahoney. We will have to wait and see if he can unseat ZDC
oh I didn't realise we only needed 1 hooker in the top 30 (you need 3).

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
yeh im not sure mate, but ZDC has been around at several nsw cup sides and was playing massey last year. Surely we have better options as a back up than ZDC. Im not sure what hookers we have coming through or what is on the market for cover
Are you sure ZDC played any RMC last year? He was with Western Suburbs NSW cup side

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve only seen him play once or twice the kids a weapon was playing fullback, had some impressive runs. Hopefully we can hold onto him.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely a fullback imo, reminds me alot of a young RTS.