Team List Round 13 v Panthers + Match Discussion

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No changes to style imo but Flanagan was playing on the ball a lot more and at least tried to play straighter and further into the line than he previously has. Basically all our attack came off Dufty though lol
Do you reckon Jacko is ball playing as much ?

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed changes to our playing style the last 2 weeks ?

I can’t recall Jacko doing much ball playing (which is probably why we are scoring points). But just wondering if any others on here who watch the games closely have noticed anything
Yes I have, unfortunately we still have Kylie Flamingo who does fuck all except pass the ball, and becayse of junk Burton has no timw except kick.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Penrith still have a fantastic forward pack. Having said that, last year when they had 6 out during Origin the Tigers pumped them by 20.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Penrith wont score as much.. if we can score over 20points this match we can win..

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I do hope Avo gets a shot at fullback. Allen is better off at centre and Kiraz at wing for now.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Allan's trash on the wing imo (slow and isn't strong enough, not sure what he offers), I'd much prefer him in the centres if we have to pick him... he'll probably be like Hopoate in his last year... I also think Kiraz's best position is wing, but at least if he's centre Allan probably never touches the ball...

Dubbo Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Penrith still have a fantastic forward pack. Having said that, last year when they had 6 out during Origin the Tigers pumped them by 20.
Their halves were Burton and Tyrone May. They were terrible. This year Cleary says he's learnt from those games V Tiger and Sharks (both losses). For a start they've got Sean O'Sullivan who debuted this year rd1-4, replacing N Cleary (4 wins). I don't know about Kurt Falls but I read that both of these halves were rested from NSW cup last week.
They've kept their usual bench.
I'm sure there will be some weaknesses somewhere, but can we find and exploit them?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Their halves were Burton and Tyrone May. They were terrible. This year Cleary says he's learnt from those games V Tiger and Sharks (both losses). For a start they've got Sean O'Sullivan who debuted this year rd1-4, replacing N Cleary (4 wins). I don't know about Kurt Falls but I read that both of these halves were rested from NSW cup last week.
They've kept their usual bench.
I'm sure there will be some weaknesses somewhere, but can we find and exploit them?
Run at Jennings all night.. Hes a big defensive liability & that will leave Staines in no mans land..

Would have liked for us to have Duftys speed & flair this match.. If we can score 4 trys i reckon we win..

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope he gets at least 3 or 4 weeks.

At least he is liked by the side, dumbty was not liked, I know that for a fact.
Should get the season if He shows it’s not going to be a complete shit show with him at the back. May as well get some quality games into these kids because our season is fucked if we don’t.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Should get the season if He shows it’s not going to be a complete shit show with him at the back. May as well get some quality games into these kids because our season is fucked if we don’t.
I'm hoping that Burton plays like he did when Avo was next to him. Granted a different position but at least they can link up again.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cant see Averillo being a success at fullback. He has little creativity.
I think a swap might happen with JAC going to fullback and Averillo onto the wing.
At least on the wing he only has to catch the bombs and run like the devil.