team lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geezmo

Waterboy
Reaction score
yes great team, well done dymock.
If he puts barba in to halfback for hodkinson and morris to fullback ill be drowning in my own spoof.

P

Paint.

Why is everyone pissed off at Morris beig dropped? Let's be honest here, he's been really shocking since returning from injury

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's a good chance he's dropped Morris to start training him as a right centre in NSW Cup. Morris has played right centre before and Lafai hasn't been that impressive at right centre. So in two weeks time we may see Idris in the 2nd row or NSW cup with Morris at right centre.

I'm also guessing that if Halatau proves himself at lock for the next two games then we may see stagg dropped to NSW cup for the rest of the season.

doggie-style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
im guessing gary warburton sucked K moores cherry before he got the sack so he can play a couple fg games

looks like his fg career is over see you later warburton

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm afraid I agree with both of you...

If this is the team, we have lost the only decent speed we had in the back line.
Mate normally I'd agree with you but Morris was chased down by Simon Mannering the other day in NZ so no big loss as long as they defend well.

Game786

Waterboy
Reaction score
I always wanted Romelo back..you could see he had that passion in him..or maybe it was because he was facing his old club that sacked him,penrith

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
This will either work great or fail miserably, but I kind of think the new look side will take advantage of the opportunity adding a bit of spark, as long as they can defuse high balls and get the ball to the wings when needed.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
ummm wtf happend to morris???....you gotta be fucing kidding me

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
would have dropped idris first before thinking about dropping morris

Rani

True Blue
Reaction score
I would have liked to see Idris dropped instead of Morris tbh. Lesser of two evils imo.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
put a decent 5/8 outside of morris and the guy will have a field day

Rani

True Blue
Reaction score
put a decent 5/8 outside of morris and the guy will have a field day
Totally agree. I think that Morris has been starved of the ball and when they do get it to him he is surrounded by defenders.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Totally agree. I think that Morris has been starved of the ball and when they do get it to him he is surrounded by defenders.
morris needs that half a step to do his damage imo...i dont think he is the type of player to create space for himself off the mark....question still remains....why is idris still there?

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Right and when you consider that BOTH Morris and Goodwin were way up the top of the tryscorers list on 2009 it goes to show how deep the problems in this 2011 team are.

No go forward up front, so no space for the halves to create anything and give the outside backs some decent ball. Hodkinson and Keating may well be pretty cr@p halves, but the ineptitude of our forwards hasn't helped them out much.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
I dont think lafai is the answer to morris. Lafai needs time in reserve grade rather than under 20's.

We shall wait and see.
Seriously?Did you see him earlier this year?Apart from one ordinary game,& that wasn't that bad either,Lafai looks like he should have been in the side all year.As the cliche goes,if they're good enough they're old enough.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I started a thread a week or so ago that Morris just isn't the player everyone thought he was, including myself, after one breakout year. I'm actually glad to see him dropped. I wish Idris was dropped but you can't drop everyone. I'd prefer to drop Idris because at least Morris isn't leaving the club next season but I can understand Morris' axing.

I'd like to see Payne in. He had a few bad games straight and everyone forgets how great he was and how much impact he made. Yet higher profile players who didn't play anywhere near as hard, with as much pride or intensity, or play as well, have been in the team the whole season and remain in the team! Bring back Payne I say. Eastwood needs some time in Reserves and is only in the team on reputation and status. He's completely out of shape and out of touch. A few weeks in reserves would do him the world of good.

Status
Not open for further replies.