Team i'd be picking for 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

observer97

New Pup
Reaction score
Team i'd be preparing for 2017. Not sure who to pick for the other spots. My review might seem a bit harsh, you dont have to agree, but we need a shake up of the current roster if we are to win a premiership.

1. Marmin Barba
2. Semi Radradra
4. Moses Mbye
5. Kaylin Ponga
6. Josh Cleeland
7. Matt Frawley
9. Damien Cook
10. James Graham
11. Josh Jackson
12. David Klemmer

17. Sam Kasiano

What we need:
Tall fit (not fat) forwards, who can provide an offload or two
X factor players
Tall wingers to catch kicks
Centers who are fast but have the body of a forward
Players who are passionate for the club
Players to chase up and are ready for an offload.

We need to get rid of:
Brett Morris - most of the year he's injured.
Will Hopoate - safe player but no x factor, catches the ball and lies down
Reynolds - has passion but need a half who can control the game
Liccha- needs to go asap, can't believe we lost cook and ennis for him
Eastwood-unfit, after 10 minutes he's tired.
Tolman- bland player

Last edited:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Team i'd be preparing for 2017. Not sure who to pick for the other spots. My review might seem a bit harsh, you dont have to agree, but we need a shake up of the current roster if we are to win a premiership.

1. Marmin Barba
2. Semi Radradra
4. Moses Mbye
5. Kaylin Ponga
6. Josh Cleeland
7. Matt Frawley
9. Damien Cook
10. James Graham
11. Josh Jackson
12. David Klemmer

17. Sam Kasiano

What we need:
X factor players

We need to get rid of:
Liccha- needs to go asap, can't believe we lost cook and ennis for him
Eastwood-unfit, after 10 minutes he's tired.
Tolman- bland player
I agree with those omissions. The backline needs a rebuild and so does our spine.

Our cap is maxed out after paying overs for big floppa and brett morris. Otherwise we would have signed someone of note after axing big grimace. It will take years to rebuild a backline with our current state of the salary cap.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

1. Marmin Barba
2. Semi Radradra
4. Moses Mbye
5. Kaylin Ponga
6. Josh Cleeland
7. Matt Frawley
9. Damien Cook
10. James Graham
11. Josh Jackson
12. David Klemmer

17. Sam Kasiano

What we need:
X factor players

We need to get rid of:
Liccha - needs to go asap, can't believe we lost cook and ennis for him
Eastwood - unfit, after 10 minutes he's tired.
Tolman - bland player
Marmin Barba - Would be a decent pick up if he can put on atleast another 5kg of muscle. But would need a few games on the wing first.
Semi Radradra - Would love to have him at the club but there is no way Eels release him to us.
Moses Mybe - I would want to see him have a go at hooker before put into centre.
Kalyn Ponga - Would be a class pick up
Josh Cleeland - Seeing how Cody Walker turned out for Souths I wouldn't mind him having a go.
Matt Frawley - Not first grade standard.
Damien Cook - Would like to see him back.
James Graham - Needs the captaincy taken off him.
Josh Jackson - Needs to be given the captaincy.
David Klemmer - Needs to start at prop and not at lock.
Sam Kasiano - Doesn't need to change anything.

Last edited:

observer97

New Pup
Reaction score
I would also bring in Will Smith and Gideon Mosby. I agree, we need to take captaincy off graham, has passion but i think it's affecting his game. Wouldn't mind having co- captains as jackson and mbye

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with those omissions. The backline needs a rebuild and so does our spine.

Our cap is maxed out after paying overs for big floppa and brett morris. Otherwise we would have signed someone of note after axing big grimace. It will take years to rebuild a backline with our current state of the salary cap.
I said it many times before....we need a clean out....someone has to have the fukin guts to make the hard decisions if we are going to move forward. We need to recondition our team. But the first thing that needs to happen is that Hasler needs to fuck off ! I would someone like Kevvie Walters to coach us. We need a whole new playing style. Get the right coach and then start with recruitment. The Morris twins need to go. FFS sigh up some decent centres/wingers. Our depth in these positions is pathetic. Same as Graham, Tolman. We need a decent halfback, hooker (FFS get Cook back), fullback and need to get some forwards with mobility, some mongrel and which have some ball skills. If the board re-signs Hasler after his contract finishes next year then they need to be fuked off. The supporters have had enough. We can't be going through this shit every year!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I said it many times before....we need a clean out....someone has to have the fukin guts to make the hard decisions if we are going to move forward. We need to recondition our team. But the first thing that needs to happen is that Hasler needs to fuck off ! I would someone like Kevvie Walters to coach us. We need a whole new playing style. Get the right coach and then start with recruitment. The Morris twins need to go. FFS sigh up some decent centres/wingers. Our depth in these positions is pathetic. Same as Graham, Tolman. We need a decent halfback, hooker (FFS get Cook back), fullback and need to get some forwards with mobility, some mongrel and which have some ball skills. If the board re-signs Hasler after his contract finishes next year then they need to be fuked off. The supporters have had enough. We can't be going through this shit every year!
I'm onboard with that.

Someone like Walters or Pay might bring fresh ideas and if they don't work out in two or three seasons thete's no hard feelings if they get sacked and we can start again.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with a big cleanout is there isnt much talent off contract, im thinking possibly get rid of 2-3 players we dont want every year for a few years and slowly aim for the team we want by say 2019 and hope for a big few years of success but im not sure des will even consider a clean out which sucks!!

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The problem with a big cleanout is there isnt much talent off contract, im thinking possibly get rid of 2-3 players we dont want every year for a few years and slowly aim for the team we want by say 2019 and hope for a big few years of success but im not sure des will even consider a clean out which sucks!!
It kinda seems this is already our approach sucks it will be slow and painful to watch.

I'm hoping for change in the spine at least (this might also force a gameplay change) personally I hope we blood some young juniors other teams do it and they have success. You only have to look back over the last 4 years and there was massive talent to be signed in lower grades that made an easy step up to first grade. Surely we have some of our own, I want to see how Abbey, Cleeland and woolford go in particular. Surely one of them can make a good first grader at least.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It kinda seems this is already our approach sucks it will be slow and painful to watch.

I'm hoping for change in the spine at least (this might also force a gameplay change) personally I hope we blood some young juniors other teams do it and they have success. You only have to look back over the last 4 years and there was massive talent to be signed in lower grades that made an easy step up to first grade. Surely we have some of our own, I want to see how Abbey, Cleeland and woolford go in particular. Surely one of them can make a good first grader at least.
I think you might get your wish as des is obviously under the pump now and must change so you might get all your wishes come true this christmas

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That team belongs in Supercoach

We dont even have one proper fullback or halfback. . Do u really think the club will recruit those names over an offseason

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id like to see des next year to take a punt on youth and put montoya and smith on the wings with hoppa and jmoz in centres and we should be going hard for loloheia for fb

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa
Bmoz
Jmoz
Holland
Kennar
Albert Kelly
Carney
Tolman
Lichaa
Graham
Idris
Dave taylor
Feleti Mateo

Lloyd Perret
Elliott
Fualalo
Brenko Lee

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Depending on who our next recruitment guru is I would go with:

1. Kayln Ponga
2. Brett Morris
3. Moses mybe
4. Josh Morris
5. Tui Lolohea
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Todd Carney
8. Klemmer
9. Cleeland/ Cook. Sack lichaa
10. James graham
11. Josh Jackson
12. Rfm
13. Elijah Taylor

14. Kasiano
15. Aspeli
16. Vaughan
17. Fualolo

Coach: Ivan Cleary

This would be an incredible team imo. And by the end of 2017 maybe we could sign Pearce or A Reynolds.

Curtis Svhult

Waterboy
Reaction score
1. Hopoate
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Brenko
5. Kennar
6. Reynolds
7. Mbye
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa (or Cleeland if Lichaa is released)
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Eastwood
13. Klemmer

14. Kasiano
15. RFM
16. Fualalo
17. One of Des' fat *****

We can all stop dreaming and face the reality of our 2017/2018 team

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Depending on who our next recruitment guru is I would go with:

1. Kayln Ponga
2. Brett Morris
3. Moses mybe
4. Josh Morris
5. Tui Lolohea
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Todd Carney
8. Klemmer
9. Cleeland/ Cook. Sack lichaa
10. James graham
11. Josh Jackson
12. Rfm
13. Elijah Taylor

14. Kasiano
15. Aspeli
16. Vaughan
17. Fualolo

Coach: Ivan Cleary

This would be an incredible team imo. And by the end of 2017 maybe we could sign Pearce or A Reynolds.
Lolohea wouldn't move here to play on the wing.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What's Ben Teo doing these days, he could be a good player for us at lock as Eastwood should really not be re-signed. He was really good for Souths in 2014

Bulldogs1974

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would also bring in Will Smith and Gideon Mosby. I agree, we need to take captaincy off graham, has passion but i think it's affecting his game. Wouldn't mind having co- captains as jackson and mbye
Whatever happened to that terry campese
Must be in a nursing home now

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our likely team given our options, not the team I would pick though.

1. Abbey/Hoppa
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Hoppa/Lee/Kennar
5. Phillips/Kennar/Lee/Montoya/Phillips
6. Reynolds/Cleeland/Mbye
7. Mbye/Cleeland/Lewis
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa/Woolford/Mbye
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12 Eastwood/RFM/Fine
13. Klemmer/Eastwood

14. Woolford/Reynolds
15. Kasiano
16. Fualalo
17. Fuck knows

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Realistically we don't have too much space to move with the cap and our roster.

One player I would be going for is Luke Douglas. But only way to get him is to get rid of tolman (doubt anyone will pick him up).

Atleast with Douglas and graham in the front row we can keep klemmer and kas on the bench for impact (most of klemmers best games this year were from the bench against tiring defence). Barba, radradra, pinga, cook are fantasies and can't happen (maybe on super coach) but no in reality.

The reality is our team will most likely resemble Curtis Svhult line up above.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Realistically we don't have too much space to move with the cap and our roster.

One player I would be going for is Luke Douglas. But only way to get him is to get rid of tolman (doubt anyone will pick him up).

Atleast with Douglas and graham in the front row we can keep klemmer and kas on the bench for impact (most of klemmers best games this year were from the bench against tiring defence). Barba, radradra, pinga, cook are fantasies and can't happen (maybe on super coach) but no in reality.

The reality is our team will most likely resemble Curtis Svhult line up above.
I don't buy this "Klemmer off the bench for impact" thing. He is our best prop and we need him starting and finishing the game for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.