team for saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffman25

Grimaldi's no.1 fan
Reaction score
Given Kite and Koups aren't listed under injuries they must have minor ones.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
surprise not to see koups there.

hopefully we can create some good combinations for round 1

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
im not expecting a win...

but i do hope we these boys can put in a great performance against the queens

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought stagg was going to become our new grimaldi (given tony could also play in the halves, earlier in his career). I'd rather see Kite in the 2nd row or as an impact player off the bench but he must be injured, no way he wouldnt be in the side. Warburton is a no-fuss hard-worker which i like. We need a replacement grimaldi to make a lot of tackles and organise our defensive line. Has anyone noticed how terrible our defence has been since he left?

When grimaldi made 40+ tackles a game it meant our big name forwards weren't as tired and could make a bigger impact. Andrew ryan is a great ball-runner and im hoping to see him do a bit more of it this year with stagg and warburton around.

I think moore has named a good team, great centre pairing and front row. If only roberts was there instead of holdsworth.
I think Kite is a front rower and the havoc he can wreak in the middle of the park as opposed to out wide is something we have been lacking for quite a while and he has the potential with his size, aggression and strength to break a game open right up the guts of the defense.

Stagg is obviously an extremely hard worker who will tackle all day and he will be invaluable to this team. Warburton plays a similar role.

As you said, since highly underrated and extremely important guys like Grimaldi, Reardon and others have left our defense has not been the same and the attitude, toughness and commitment those guys brought is sorely missed.

Hopefully Stagg, Warburton and a few others can take over that role of being the unheralded hard worker who does all the dirty work and is essential for every good team.

Duffman25

Grimaldi's no.1 fan
Reaction score
I agree although i wouldnt be surprised if they use Kite like Mason and run him at the fringes. But i think he'd be more effective going up the guts, hannant followed by Kite would break open any defense.

Hannant is a prop that does a lot of tackling but hopefully stagg and co will step into that hardworking role and let the bigger forwards do the damage.

da_bodi

Waterboy
Reaction score
good squad, if warburton has a good game it looks like he'll be given the nod for this season in front of Koups and Te Maari. With both Holdsworth and Kimmorley in the team there is going to be a high reliance on a long kicking game with a good kick chase, and alot of ball movement in attack as either of them are not great in short attacking kicks.

Looks like a hard working team, especially in the forwards, with alot of the attacking spark generated from ennis, morris and idris.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Warburton
Ryan
Stagg

All tackling machines!!!

Defense should be rock solid while all 3 are on the field.

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
Moore names extended squad for trial

Bulldogs Head Coach Kevin Moore has today announced an extended squad for this Saturday's first trial against the Dragons in the Mercury Challenge at WIN Stadium, Wollongong.

Moore indicated the priority for his first trial match as Head Coach was to test combinations and give some young guns an opportunity to impress in the top grade.

"Our focus this weekend will be to look at combinations and build some cohesion, we believe this is vital as we prepare to take on Manly in round 1 at ANZ Stadium on the 14th March, Moore said today.

"Throughout the afternoon a number of players will participate in both first grade against the Dragons and in NSW Cup against Shellharbour, this will give me a good opportunity to look at the extended squad who have been trained hard all off season".

1. Brent Crisp
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Josh Morris
4. Jamal Idris
5. Matt Utai
6. Daniel Holdsworth
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Ben Hannant
9. Michael Ennis
10. Michael Hodgson
11. Gary Warburton
12. Andrew Ryan
13. David Stagg

Interchange
14. Bryson Goodwin
15. Chris Armit
16. Yileen Gordon
17. Brad Morrin
19. Lee Te Maari
20. Daniel Harrison
21. Michael Sullivan
22. Ben Barba
23. Tim Winitana
24. Robert Worsley
25. Daryl Millard

This will be a rare opportunity to see all three grades play together in the one complex, please see below for the game times.

2.45pm - Gates open
3pm - Toyota Cup - Bulldogs v Dragons
5.00pm - Bankstown City Bulls v Shellharbour
7.00pm - First Grade - Bulldogs v Dragons

Tickets available from Ticketek, www.ticketek.com.au , 132 849 or at the gate.
Does anyone know why Ben Roberts, Nani and Koups are not listed?

Last edited by a moderator:

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm pretty impressed with that lineup tbh.

Especially how he's trialling Crisp at fullback - will be interesting to see his form!

Where is Rob Worsley?? :(

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm pretty impressed with that lineup tbh.

Especially how he's trialling crisp at fullback - will be interesting to see his form!

Where is rob worsley?? :(

hth

D

dogs_4 lyf

So has anyone found any news on why Kite and koups are not there?

C

chipandchase

I'm pretty impressed with that lineup tbh.

Especially how he's trialling Crisp at fullback - will be interesting to see his form!

Where is Rob Worsley?? :(
how can u be excited about watching the slowest and worst ever fullback to play for the dogs???
he is useless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bulldog Bandit

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Delayed.

Roberts - Slight hamy injury.
Yer i heard the same thing about Roberts. But just like everyone else id love to know why Koups & Kite arnt there, I know Kite had surgery @ the end of the year but i thought he was fully fit by now.

C

chipandchase

i know its only a trial but it will be interesting to see what style of footy they play.
they have a very defensive backrow, and no attacking props. Only attacking player is Ennis, so i can only assume from the team that most of the attack will be centred around him ( Ennis).
be interesting to see how Goodwin goes also, i am sure he will play fullback at some stage. If we have to rely on Crisp this year then im afraid its going to a be long season once again.

COOPS

Waterboy
Reaction score
Can't believe Crispy has been named, my grandmother is faster than Crispy

Bring on Robbo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would be nice if the lower grade teams where released also, would answer a lot of question. Is anyone doing live score updates for us interstate supporters who can not make it on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.