Opinion Tass and Katoa

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why have Tass and Tui Katoa not even got a mention this year when we are so lacking in the centers? Surely it’s worth giving one or both of them a run in the next 10 games? Surely can’t be worse than Holland, montoya or Chrichton?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Taas was injured I think. I don't know why Katoa isn't given a run. Averillo isn't even getting a run!

Topine should get a run for sure. People say he's too young but Kai O'Donnell started for Canberra against the Roosters and played pretty well... He played Flegg last year and Topine is probably better than him. So there's no reason not to play him.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tass is gone for the year so he’s no chance. It’s interesting to note Schoupp was ball boy for yesterday’s game so that means he’s in the bubble and I assume available for selection.
I seen Topine as ball boy but i didnt see Schoupp!

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tass is gone for the year so he’s no chance. It’s interesting to note Schoupp was ball boy for yesterday’s game so that means he’s in the bubble and I assume available for selection.
I seen Topine as ball boy but i didnt see Schoupp!
Didn’t Schoupp come with big wraps? Just chuck him in. Seasons done. Blood some young kids

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is he eligible now? If he is, they need to pick Schoupp and Averillo next week. There's no reason not to.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Is he eligible now? If he is, they need to pick Schoupp and Averillo next week. There's no reason not to.
@Spoonman84 said he wasn't selected in our top 30 or development squad ... Major fuck up from the idiots in charge

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Katoa n tass (tass is injured) neither were standouts in lower grades. I'd be more inclined to try schoup as he is outside back and from the little I've seen n been told he is a more aggressive type of ball runner.. I believe he is in the bubble. Topine definitely is but a back rower.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why have Tass and Tui Katoa not even got a mention this year when we are so lacking in the centers? Surely it’s worth giving one or both of them a run in the next 10 games? Surely can’t be worse than Holland, montoya or Chrichton?
I thought they were both out for the year injured one was ACL and the other shoulder. I think I saw on the NRL website as there is never updated on dogs website.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Spoonman84 said he wasn't selected in our top 30 or development squad ... Major fuck up from the idiots in charge
He’s never been in our top 30 or development contracted players but maybe something has changed because you can only be a ball boy if you’re in the bubble so he might have been upgraded. There’s not much chance of the club ever clarifying it.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wer'e too conservative. We keep picking shit players because they have FG experience while overlooking far more talented kids because they're FG virgins. Oooh, what if they miss a tackle and concede a couple of tries. Instead of losing by 20 we'll lose by 30. Who gives a fuck. There is nothing to lose so give them a go. Defensively they cant be any worse than the plodders we have now. You could see Avo's defense improving with each game so give them a taste of first grade and let them show us what they've got

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I doubt we see many of the kids this year.

We've gone from a dead in the water coach to an interim coach trying to put himself in the shop window, he's off contract at the end of the year and who knows if the new coach will want to keep him on so he has to advertise himself to other clubs.

I doubt he'll want to blood kids and guarantee losing the rest of the games this year.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also noticed he and about four others were at the sharks game recently.
It would be nice to see a few of these boys get some minutes some how.
With only 10 games to go and guys in our squad not being extended it would seem a good time to blood them in.
Does that seem within reason and possible.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also noticed he and about four others were at the sharks game recently.
It would be nice to see a few of these boys get some minutes some how.
With only 10 games to go and guys in our squad not being extended it would seem a good time to blood them in.
Does that seem within reason and possible.
I think not playing footy at the minute is the biggest issue for the ones that haven’t played NRL before and then you’re bringing them into a team low on confidence. Are they a big enough reason not to play them? I’m not sure. I’d like to see then get a game of two but I’m not expecting it.

Reactions: ATT

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think not playing footy at the minute is the biggest issue for the ones that haven’t played NRL before and then you’re bringing them into a team low on confidence. Are they a big enough reason not to play them? I’m not sure. I’d like to see then get a game of two but I’m not expecting it.
I can’t see them getting on the field either which is disappointing.
Understanding there isn’t any other competitions apart from first grade surely some of these promising players are keeping fit and in stand bye mode.
The cowboys ran out a 19 year old this afternoon.
We are playing 3 reserve grade standard in our backline which probably won’t be there next season.
It’s a perfect time to throw them a bone.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Schoupp was in the photos training with the boys on Thommo’s first week so he has been in the bubble for a while. I thought he was coming back from injury? I guarantee SG will look better unearthing a new young star more than losing with the same guys we are about to let go of.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tass an Tui.. has a good ring to it lol.!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I doubt we see many of the kids this year.

We've gone from a dead in the water coach to an interim coach trying to put himself in the shop window, he's off contract at the end of the year and who knows if the new coach will want to keep him on so he has to advertise himself to other clubs.

I doubt he'll want to blood kids and guarantee losing the rest of the games this year.
That's where the club needs to show leadership and insist that the kids get a run.