Ch 9 News (inc DannyW) Tariq Sims

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im not bagging your call mate, I like Sims. I just don’t think he is a leader like James but he is certainly miles in front of what we have had.

PS I would be plenty happy if we jagged Sims or James
These James links legit

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Tariq has gotta be one of the most persistent players out there. How many times did he break his leg? Is it like 3 times now orr?

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is he 32? whattt?? so he played origin past his 30's, good effort Tariq.
Sims is a very good player and had he not suffered 2 leg breaks earlier in his career, I think he would have had a considerably better rep career

that said, he is under contract for next season with the Dragons when he is already 32 and undoubtedly on good money... he has gone to the Dragons about a deal beyond 2022 and has been told that there will be no deal beyond that and if he can get a long term deal elsewhere, he is free to go

to be in for him, I would guess that we have to offer something in the vicinity of what the Dragons are paying him for 2022 and commit to Sims for at least 2023 and likely 2024... and on those terms, I don't think it is a good deal for the 'Dogs

otherwise, Tariq may as well do what Ashton and Korbin Sims did and sign for an ESL club after his Dragons deal is up

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tariq plays one good game in 6. Whilst I appreciate he has talent, he is in the comfort zone and he doesn't care if he wins or loses only that he gets paid. If you look at the storm as a club they just dont accept anyone who doesnt play hard week in week out. They have blokes like the cheese. pappenhausen, Welsh & grant who fucking hate losing and their coach wont persist with anyone that is not producing on the field. Their wingers and centres run through brick walls when they take a hit up too rather than turn their back into the defence and get turtled for 7 seconds. We have to start adopting this attitude or we are just going to have a whole lot of fuckwits like Elliot who are more interested in sticking their dick into any crevice rather than winning football games.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't get it that a 32 year old is past it. A lot of good forwards (and he is a good forward)
don't reach their peak until in their 30's. He would be good for 2 or three years at the right money.
It's old hard heads that win games. Finucane for example.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
100% take him

Gus needs to broker the Elliott swap ASAP

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
makes perfect sense to swap with elliot or sack elliot and pick up sims

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Worth a shot, maybe he can be for us what Morris' were for chooks. Some idiot club didn't want them any more, and another club got another 2-2.5 seasons of value for money quality first grade footy out of them.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Would 100% take him on a 1 yr deal if we could offload Elliot and Waddell
He is being being allowed to talk to other clubs because he wants a deal beyond 2022, and the dragons aren't willing to give one.

Therefore, he won't be taking a 1 year deal from us.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sims is a very good player and had he not suffered 2 leg breaks earlier in his career, I think he would have had a considerably better rep career

that said, he is under contract for next season with the Dragons when he is already 32 and undoubtedly on good money... he has gone to the Dragons about a deal beyond 2022 and has been told that there will be no deal beyond that and if he can get a long term deal elsewhere, he is free to go

to be in for him, I would guess that we have to offer something in the vicinity of what the Dragons are paying him for 2022 and commit to Sims for at least 2023 and likely 2024... and on those terms, I don't think it is a good deal for the 'Dogs

otherwise, Tariq may as well do what Ashton and Korbin Sims did and sign for an ESL club after his Dragons deal is up
I agree, he is a good player but getting on. Considering is he on probably 5-600k the best you could get him for would be close to 3-400k with the dragons chipping in and then you have to pay for 23-24. Shit deal.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to stop focusing on signing forwards and save the money for the positions we need most. Hooker and halfback

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need to stop focusing on signing forwards and save the money for the positions we need most. Hooker and halfback
Gus said no to a half back. Which is weird as we apparently went in on Johnson?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
and fullback.