Tallis asks why Carney and Watts were in a pub instead of watching Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score

NOT ON: Gorden Tallis is baffled that Anthony Watts and Todd Carney were not watching their team play on Saturday.

WHY weren't Todd Carney and Anthony Watts in Gosford watching their Roosters teammates play instead of sitting in a Sydney pub?

What does it say about how much they genuinely care about their club?

It's one-in, all-in if you're playing footy and if you're fair dinkum about your teammates and your club.

It's bad for team culture to have players not there supporting you, especially when they'd rather be sitting in a bar.

I can understand when it involves interstate travel; it's important injured players stay behind to help recovery.

But Gosford is an hour up the road from Sydney, and instead of going to support their club, Carney and Watts preferred to go have a drink in a Coogee bar.

That's not teamwork, that's selfish behaviour, and I believe every one of the Roosters players who were busting their gut against the Broncos is entitled to be filthy.

So too the fans who paid their hard-earned cash to go and sit in the pouring rain to watch their team.

They were willing to do that, but their star player wasn't, and then these players have the audacity to wonder why everyone is on their back.

We've all stuck up for Todd in the past because he's a good guy, but he should repay the people who support him by doing the right thing, and this wasn't the right thing.

I'm not here to be a schoolteacher but it gets under my skin when players don't respect a game that's been around for more than 100 years. He's done the hard yards, does he think that's enough now, one good season?

When he was super-strict on himself, he got great rewards for it. How good did he play last year? Wow. Doesn't he like winning Dally Ms, playing grand finals or playing for his country? That's not a bad reward.

Everyone is an individual, but we're talking about the standards Todd set himself last year.

I just get disappointed. It was such a great story, the last thing anyone wants to see is it come unstuck. To me, it's like Todd is not getting enough advice, and he's surrounding himself with the wrong people.

Teams are only guaranteed 24 games a year - surely it's not that hard to go along and watch and support your mates. You should want to do that.

Justin Hodges was always at Broncos games when he was injured all last year. Anthony Watmough was there at Manly last Saturday as he served a suspension.

Given what Todd has been through, he should be thinking: "I want to be good for the club, I'm out injured, I should feel guilty I'm not playing, I should hang around and support my team."

Maybe it wasn't the club policy at the Roosters for Carney and Watts to be there, but in any case, good principles are even more important.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-play-in-gosford/story-e6frepbf-1226041130371

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% agree. Well said Tallis

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
I think Carney requested time off to go and see his mum. She was working behind the bar at the time.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more with him.

It pisses me off so much knowing Carney is one of the luckiest guys in the world, and he does the **** that he does. He comes across as an extremely selfish, ungrateful person.

Takes everything for granted.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I LOL'd back when they all blew there load cause he is a "changed man" lol remember the interview and Gould and co going on and on

Keep talking now dumb ****** !!

TheBarba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well said GT, An Australian Jersey, a grand finalists, and for what to go and have a few beers and ruin it. If someone come to me and said I will give you $5 million dollars to play footy for the next 10 years, but you just have to stay off the booze.... What would you do.

You laugh at Hayne for being a Hillsong and a Batty Boy, but after he got into trouble once, he pulled his head in and became the leagues premier player. Steve Price was exactly the same.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I LOL'd back when they all blew there load cause he is a "changed man" lol remember the interview and Gould and co going on and on

Keep talking now dumb ****** !!
Simmo?

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it isn't Roosters policy that injured players should be with the team, then perhaps maybe it should be. I don't understand how it's not policy.

Maza

Reaction score
Reminds me of a certain few at an Xzibit concert first round 2005!

Tallis hit the nail on the head.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
lol

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
with this recent development, i reckon the way i see/feel about the roosters at the moment is similar in the way opposition supporters viewed our club for many years thanks to the hip-gangsta-wannabe bling brigade who constantly brought bad publicity to our club.

they'd need some more bad publicity before the roosters get as bad as we were though. we couldn't even get a charity to be on the front of our jersey for free, after mitsubishi very diplomatically, couldn't get away from us quick enough after our agreement had expired

haven't seen him anywhere near a carney article since carney started getting into alcohol related **** again. one would imagine that even simmo would be disappointed that such a talented footy player is throwing his career away. it's a shame

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
good read....i'd be filthy with em if i was the playing group tbh

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You can tell Tallis writes his own articles too, all short sentences, no paragraphs (he can't string together a logical thought that long :grinning: )

Status
Not open for further replies.