Talented Templeman eyeing off Dogs No.1 jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great read hopefully he gets a crack at the number 1 jersey soon. This kid has loads of potential that where just guna have to wait and be patient about. Goodluck to him.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hopefully he can stay longer. Start killing it in NSW cup and you will get your chance.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I prefer him in closer like the halves. He has a very good kicking game and hes a playmaker. Would be a waste of some of his skills at fb. That said he has a job on his hands dislodging Perrett, Hodkinson or Reynolds. He may need to wait for an injury (touch wood). Sadly I see him going elsewhere to get regular starts unless we lose someone

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I really hope this kids stays surely the club will offer him another contract.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets say we sign Teddy,

1. Teddy
6. Reynolds
7 Hodkinson
9 Lichaa

Plus Mbye has already re-signed.

How would we fit him in Next year best he could hope for would be a start through injury or maybe if one of the above was selected for Origin.

Hasn't shown anything in NSW Cup that I have seen, he may have carved it up in NYC but that's not much better than touch....

If we don't sign a fullback for next year that will probably be his only chance, but still no guarantee.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i don't see the big fuss about him, i'd have him below tyrone phillips as my choice for fb

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Has been average in NSW Cup. Dropping a lot of balls.
This is what everyone keeps saying,
So why is he getting so many wraps all the time, and why is Canberra so interested in him if he is as bad as everyone says

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So why is he getting so many wraps all the time, and why is Canberra so interested in him if he is as bad as everyone says
Where have the wraps been coming from? Also just because 1 club is interested in a player it does not mean his something special/ he should be our fullback :|

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He needs to focus on playing well in NSW Cup before he thinks about First Grade

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He was a star in the holden cup. He just hasn't made the transition to playing against older players yet. If he becomes as good in fg terms he will be a rep player.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Is he really that good guys?

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was a star in the holden cup. He just hasn't made the transition to playing against older players yet. If he becomes as good in fg terms he will be a rep player.
i never saw him as a star to be honest, yeah he was above average but i saw a few players in our team alone that looked more promising, mbye and graham for starters and feeney who we lost

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lets say we sign Teddy,

1. Teddy
6. Reynolds
7 Hodkinson
9 Lichaa

Plus Mbye has already re-signed.

How would we fit him in Next year best he could hope for would be a start through injury or maybe if one of the above was selected for Origin.

Hasn't shown anything in NSW Cup that I have seen, he may have carved it up in NYC but that's not much better than touch....

If we don't sign a fullback for next year that will probably be his only chance, but still no guarantee.
We can't
if we sign Teddy, Templeman will probably go along with Sila.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I prefer him in closer like the halves. He has a very good kicking game and hes a playmaker. Would be a waste of some of his skills at fb. That said he has a job on his hands dislodging Perrett, Hodkinson or Reynolds. He may need to wait for an injury (touch wood). Sadly I see him going elsewhere to get regular starts unless we lose someone
Perrett is always going to be a short-term solution regardless of how he plays at the moment, you'd think Templeman is more than likely to take that spot when Des thinks he's ready, with Perrett more than likely moving back out to the wing

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let's worry about this in 2016, he won't be ready before that plain & simple & needs at least another 10kg of muscle.

Doggies 2035

Waterboy
Reaction score
He needs to bulk up and work on defence

look at RTS or Milford or barber no one new if they go good they work on them gave them a shot and now they all star fullbacks. Give this guy a chance

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He needs to bulk up and work on defence

look at RTS or Milford or barber no one new if they go good they work on them gave them a shot and now they all star fullbacks. Give this guy a chance
I know that Perrett won't be our fullback beyond this year and we're on the lookout for someone to slot straight in.

If Templeman has not been able to satisfy the coaching staff of his ability to play fullback over a whole off season then it would be safe to say that's not going to change any time in the near future.

We could have a Reynolds situation, who knows. Everyone thought his best position was a benchie. Ended up at 6 and played origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.