Take it easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, i am frustrated like everyone else, but at the end of the day it was 5 tries each.

There were plenty of good signs.

People talking about goal kicking...yes, but not only did our winger leave the field after 10 minutes, but it was our damn goal kicker.

Losing Holland completely stuffed us, it resulted in a reshuffle of the outside backs and no goal kicker.

I also thought we were running them down then Hoppa goes down and off. Long stoppage in play and the momentum stops.

My goodness we had some bad luck.

They also scored 3 of there 5 tries from kicks. It is not easy defending kicks against Topou.

Yes, again, i am very frustrated. I saw at times the opposition defense rushing up in our face when we shifted. Would love to see a kick behind early in the game.

Now, going forward, the halves just cant stay the way they are. They just cant.

Either bring in Frawley and shift Mbye to Fullback or keep Mbye at 5/8 and move Reynolds to the bench as a utlity which would have been ideal tonight.

I am glad all this is happening very early in the season...Roosters are peaking at the wrong end of the season...They arent no where near as good as they used to be in those minor premiership years.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Improvement.but still.missing a 7. The other issue is lichaa ..Great he is running , makes 10m than throws is back 5m . (The only time he throws a decent ball). Need to learn to hold momentum and keep pressure on to fatigue the defence.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To create pressure, you need to get repeat sets.
How many times did our halves or hooker grubber into the in goal tonight?
Not once. We had BMoz trying to grubber but not our useless halves.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They also scored 3 of there 5 tries from kicks. It is not easy defending kicks against Topou
I hear this shit all the time.
Kicking for tries is a legitimate tactic. Just because we don't have anybody who's decent in the air, doesn't make it any less skillful.
We need to learn to defend against the high fliers.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Shame we had the option for sezer an 80%+ kicker (would be the kicker at any other club, but raiders want Crocker to get the record) and a big boot half (albeit another running running half) yet we knocked him back for mbye a 60% kicker (if that) a shonky kicker in general play, a player with no game control or awareness who is a centre/fullback trying to play halfback.

Graham showed tonight what a good halfback can do for us, putting Elliot under the posts untouched (still don't rate the kid unfortunately but he kept us in the game with a great line). But the best play making came from our front rower.

Worrying thing is we have no other experienced halves on our roster.... almost makes you wish we made a play for someone like Cornish or mcrone (can't be worse then what we have already).

Pavdogg

Waterboy
Reaction score
Its a shame becoz Des is so stubborn that he just wont play anyone else in the halves. Now even put a Frawley or super sub on the bench and if Mbyes gone missing, Reynolds loses it or Lichaa is gassed, shove him on for a crack. Just try something Des....

Status
Not open for further replies.