Tackle Breaks & Possession

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
It’s because we have Tolman and the outside back version of him (hoppa) taking 80% of our hit ups
I am annoyed how Tolman is allowed to take the ball up as much as he does. His defence is awesome, but he needs to encourage harder runners to do more work not push in at every opportunity, including the attacking zone to kill our plays with predictable one-dimensional plotter runs.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How's things over there my brother?
Mate I'm glad to see you active - Mombasa's nice I'm near the beach, single dad to two girls 7 and 9.
Mentoring youth and business - work of passion love it.

Can't see games this year - only highlights online.
Life's good bro - doggies are in a hole but you get that and its good to remind the young blokes to just stay with the club and be patient.
The club knows how to win, I think Banky people are pretty tough and realistic and we will get back to winning.

Love the forum and all the best to you Assassin really good to 'see' you on here and you're humour is welcome - your a top bloke!
:grinning: :grinning: :grinning:
You are funny bro, all the best.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our biggest flaw is our inability to break tackles or threaten to break tackles. Curently we rank 16th.

https://www.nrl.com/stats/teams/?competition=111&season=2019&stat=29

This in my opinion comes down to a couple of things:

Strength and Conditioning
Skill of Players
Speed of the play the ball
Lines being Run

The other key stat is that despite us having the equal highest completion % with the Storm, we are 16th in possession %.

https://www.nrl.com/stats/teams/?competition=111&season=2019&stat=9

To me this means:

We fail to earn repeat sets through our kicking game
We fail to force the opposition into error with our defence
We conceed too many metres allowing the opposition to earn a repeat set by making it all the way down the field and putting in either a grubber or attacking kick which eventuates in either a repeat set from them or loose ball.

The question is, through 2/3rds of this year (not to mention last year) what has Pay done to try and resolve these glaring issues.
I'm pretty sure we also gain the least amount of penalties. This is definitely a factor when it comes to posession.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we also gain the least amount of penalties. This is definitely a factor when it comes to posession.
Yeah true. I think for most of this season we've played a possession game, and of recent (mainly in 2nd halves) we have chanced our arm more with offloads and more adlib play.

Malla

Reaction score
It’s because we have Tolman and the outside back version of him (hoppa) taking 80% of our hit ups
Tolman plus many more

Look at Broncos forward pack - TPJ, Haas, Fifita, Ofa, Lodge... we have Elliot, Jackson and Tolman who couldnt knock the fluff off a cappuccino.