News Sydney venue moves $26m in pokies profits to NRL club as ‘community development and support’

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
imagine the uproar if bulldogs fans burnt down their stadium and got 2 built in its place in 30 years

'greens mp believes the bulldogs fans should watch the game on the ashes of the old stadium'

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And what’s better? Lining the coffins of the state governments so they can piss it away on useless initiatives?

this is what the whole pokies system is premised on. Take with one hand and give with the other. To claim outrage etc is just stupidity. Just tear down the whole system if you don’t like it. Oh wait… whose gonna pay all these mps wages?

kamaryn

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To be honest I do think it's a blight on our game that we are funded by pokies and I personally wish they were done away with for good. But we are no different to any other club in this regard and this article is another rubbish hit-piece.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. The Lakemba mosque is in the Dogs' heartland, and many still carry grudges about our area's reaction to the Cronulla riots - and will never forget the cap rort and Coffs Harbour.

I still have people asking me if I'm frightened, living in the Canterbury Bankstown area.
"Yes, yes I am afraid living in this area results in bigots holding it against me for no rational reason."

GTOWN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think Mt. Pritchard and Panthers are more profitable, but we're in the top 3 for sure.
Mounties usually 1, Bankstown sports, dogs leagues… panthers down the list a bit… Wenty leagues had a bit of time up at 4

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
So loaded they don't know what to buy, see don't play the pokies

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why bash up corporates like Canterbury Leagues who are already contributing to the local community, when most do nothing.