Sydney Supporters are lazy -GET DOWN TO THE GAMES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
we have more choice of sport down here...you do realize it does cost money to go to sporting events...and some families arent able to attend week in week out

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
qld has 2 teams now 3 im sure if there was only 3 teams in nsw there average would be better but dont want to get into that

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's how many people went to watch a regular friday night game with the home team missing D.Lockyer, P.Wallace and J.Hodges, and the tigers had 3-4 props misisng, no one expected much of a game, Not to mention broncos coming off 2 losses in a row and both teams were thrashed the previous week, Yet we got:

27,864 People at the stadium.

I find it disgraceful the average home crowd in sydney from the start of the SOO period has been 12,000 If broncos got 15 000 to a game they'd be spewing.

Whoever reads this.

GET OUT AND SUPPORT THE BULLDOGS TOMORROW AT THE STADIUM!
Sydney siders are usually much more busier in their every day lives then QLDers. We work too hard and its a mission, especially the traffic on our roads to make it to games.

Although, i havent missed a dogs game in sydney yet, i know most people find it difficult.

You guys a very laid back with not much to do but watch sports.

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
its just nrl but

wait till 2 wks from now sydney v collingwood afl
fine weather the crowd will be 70,000

can't wait

i hope the roosters return match next week draws 30,000. no reason why it shouldn't

RAMBO

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i wont make the game bloody exams :(

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kimlo I'm pretty sure we average about 18K due largely to our home game against the Roosters.

Still, crowds throughout Sydney are disappointing, but as others have said, Sydney isn't the same as other cities. Why? We will never know.

MPS

I'm Old Gregg
Reaction score
Kimlo - did u go to the game tonight? Unless u posted this thread from a mobile broadband or from an internet cafe or live in the inner Brisvegas area, your post time says that maybe u didn't get out to the game.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Kimlo - did u go to the game tonight? Unless u posted this thread from a mobile broadband or from an internet cafe or live in the inner Brisvegas area, your post time says that maybe u didn't get out to the game.
MHM, I have an iphone, Brilliant little thing tbh :D

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
MHM, I have an iphone, Brilliant little thing tbh :D
just admit it...you didnt go to the game?

and you deserve to be in sydney,

you say brisbane fans get out there? why are you numbing your ass online, posting 1000posts in a day?

get out there, see the sun, enjoy the outdoors.

dont be afraid. sun wont hurt every now and then

PeaKer

Origin Rep
Reaction score
Not hard to pull a crowd of 27k when you're the ONLY team in the city you 'nutbag redneck'!

;)

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People would go if it wasnt in a ****ty anz stadium with no atmosphere, I havnt missed a home game in 4 yrs or so and im just about over it.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
just admit it...you didnt go to the game?

and you deserve to be in sydney,

you say brisbane fans get out there? why are you numbing your ass online, posting 1000posts in a day?

get out there, see the sun, enjoy the outdoors.

dont be afraid. sun wont hurt every now and then
I said I went you nub? What part of that don't you understand, I have an iphone I don't need any laptop or computer to post I do it straight from my mobile.

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
lol sami ya slack bastard

even if they opened the gates to the public 4 free trow we wdnt get 20k.

sunday socceroos should get 70k
week afta swans will get 65-70
wallabies shud get 60 to france game

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
its a shame we dont get the crowd numbers but its as simple as this...the team is performing poorly and the supporters are acting towards that...but not everyone is as motivated to go to games as some of here are

..shurrup..

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i have missed a lot of games this year due to different priorities but hopefully i can get back to going to games soon

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is it a fair possibility that Sydney has been exposed to topline sporting events so long that it gets a bit boring to a degree or at the very least, you can feel blase? It's only a natural thing really.
I'm not criticising or anything, but in terms of League in this case, does all the constant media attention with League saturate peoples senses that they are not as passionate as they could be if they weren't so overloaded with it all the time?
For example, I work for a soft drinks company here in Perth. I basically don't drink fark all soft drinks now, because it's so available to me all the time. It's only natural to lose interest, to some degree. For lack of better words. If ya catch my drift?

Last edited by a moderator:

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree, 9 Sydney teams compared to a 1 team town is very different. Even the Broncos and the Titans are distant enough to be that 1 team of their towns to help drive that passion.
Doesn't explain why we struggle with crowd numbers compared to all the Melbourne teams in the AFL. Melbournites always turn out in big numbers, most of the time (not always, I know).

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

one game in a whole city every second week. sydney has 4 games a week in sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.