Sydney CBD climate protest attracts over 30,000 people

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was sincere mate
I don't have anything against you personally mate. We normally tend to agree on matters bulldog related. But discussions like this just make my blood boil. I can't fathom how people don't think that preserving the fragile ecosystems that sustain life on this planet is a priority!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
False Pretenses

The issue here is the failure of many people to recognize the difference between the ignition of fire and the spread of fire.

The ignition of fire refers to how it gets started. All fires require an ignition source, be it lightning, electrical faults, negligence and yes, even arson. If one is arguing the climate change ignited the fires, one is mistaken.

As for the spread of the fires, dry conditions and drought made the fires spread further. As experts have said, climate change is a reason why conditions have been so dry, why there's been drought, and so on. Not the sole reason, but still involved nevertheless.

Given all this, it is simply misleading and misguided to speak and act as though these bush fires are solely because of climate change, or to frame this entire crisis around climate change when there's much more to it than that. It is this sort of exaggeration that alienates people who are otherwise sympathetic to the the conserving-the-environment cause.

Believe me, there are people who are completely unaware of the how fires start, and truly believe that Australia had just burst into flames because of climate change.

Regardless, these protesters are partly protesting based on false pretenses.
I hear what your saying, but I don't think anyone is saying that climate change is the cause of the current bushfire situation. It's not. But given the magnitude of this disaster, one which we have not seen before, surely you can all see this as a warning of what's to come?!!! Do people actually realise that forests actually create weather patterns. That trees absorb CO2 from our atmosphere? And when they burn they then release that CO2?
If mines like ADANI go ahead, drought will become the normal state of our country. And as time goes on it will only become worse. People will deny this all day long and poke fun st people who care about our environment, but unfortunately it will catch up with us all the same, regardless of what side of the argument we stand.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure the Government can change the weather, being a global thing over several decades its only gunna snowball with bush fire pollution.
They can't change it over night, but they can create policies to give us all a better chance in the future.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I dont see a problem with my beliefs at all.

I can't change, or worry, about what China or India do. (Even we have had the highest air pollution levels of anywhere these past few weeks by comparison to be fair...nut I know what you mean)

My post was about does anyone care? Would it hurt to look after Australia?

You've talked about, and recognised pollution; isn't that enough to work on?

I'm no expert. Who knows about climate change. Just as I really can't prove by myself that the Earth isn't flat.

My point about the trees is now that we have lost several million with the fires, they wont be clearing the carbon to the Govt targets they set. It affects that by approx 2/3rds of our target. We can no longer meet them in a canter.

The global warming argument will always be bogged down by deniers, profiteers of all persuations, wacko greenies, polliticians, lefties, righties, anybodies who can make a buckies.

Better to focus on what we can see with our own eyes like pollution, air quality, rivers and oceans pulluted, land degradation etc.

Why argue about that is my propsal.

We all love boating, camping, fishing, 4WD with our families. We want our kids to enjoy our great Australian lifestyle and our grandchildren and theirs. We all think it's bloody disgusting when we go out bush and there's litter like broken bottles, toilet paper up tracks etc. Or we see birds and sealife with plastic binding up their beaks etc so they die of starvation.

Lets just keep it simple and care about Australia and what we can do to preserve our way of life.

I don't think anyone believes we can just keep churning out shit and think things will stay the same do they?

By arguing it just divides and conquers.
I think WA and NSW now supply 50 percent of their electricity by solar not a bad effort in a short time id say, now a way to stop people from using electricity at night is all we need

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't need to prove shit to you. I know that my feelings on this topic are on the right side of the argument. Sadly time will tell. But if we fuck this up, there's no second chance. We can't just pack up shop and move to another planet now can we? So why would anyone suggest we should not do absolutely everything humanly possible from preventing this future that no one wants?

To anyone arguing against my point, you are arguing the case for mining companies to continue to rape and pillage the world and pay almost no tax. Why would you argue this?? What do you have to gain? Are you a multi billionaire mining magnate? If not, then why not be a part of the solution? Why not band with others to convince our leaders to persue a better way forward?
You think this is funny @Juicydog @Packstar this is why we keep electing idiots like Schomo. Good on you guys.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't need to prove shit to you. I know that my feelings on this topic are on the right side of the argument. Sadly time will tell. But if we fuck this up, there's no second chance. We can't just pack up shop and move to another planet now can we? So why would anyone suggest we should not do absolutely everything humanly possible from preventing this future that no one wants?

To anyone arguing against my point, you are arguing the case for mining companies to continue to rape and pillage the world and pay almost no tax. Why would you argue this?? What do you have to gain? Are you a multi billionaire mining magnate? If not, then why not be a part of the solution? Why not band with others to convince our leaders to persue a better way forward?
Lmfao. Firstly your feelings don’t dictate which side is right.
Secondly, imagine being so morally divine telling people if their opinion is different to mine they’re supporting evilness.
You actual peanut

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think WA and NSW now supply 50 percent of their electricity by solar not a bad effort in a short time id say, now a way to stop people from using electricity at night is all we need
I highly doubt this is the case!!! And if it is, it is not by any hard work done by our government to change the situation, it's because people have handed over their hard earned money in order to avoid being grossly overcharged for electricity, or because they personally want to make a difference to the way they live.

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't have anything against you personally mate. We normally tend to agree on matters bulldog related. But discussions like this just make my blood boil. I can't fathom how people don't think that preserving the fragile ecosystems that sustain life on this planet is a priority!!!
We do come from very different perspectives on this issue for sure but the whole point of these types of debates is to try and listen to that other perspective and find some common ground,sometimes people do sometimes people don’t but it should never be personal for mine,and while we might not agree on this topic that should not change the common ground we have on others. All good bro

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We do come from very different perspectives on this issue for sure but the whole point of these types of debates is to try and listen to that other perspective and find some common ground,sometimes people do sometimes people don’t but it should never be personal for mine,and while we might not agree on this topic that should not change the common ground we have on others. All good bro
I'm with you there. Apparently my perspective is just a big joke to people anyway, so I think I will leave this topic where it is.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lmfao. Firstly your feelings don’t dictate which side is right.
Secondly, imagine being so morally divine telling people if their opinion is different to mine they’re supporting evilness.
You actual peanut
Cocksure

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lmfao tony Abbott what a sick ****. How they ousted him the cuck turnball is fkn crazy
Imagine at this present moment if Tony was PM?

A strong believer of 2 cocks which should never be slapped against each other under any circumstances, and throw in the "end of the world climate denial"

The alarmists would be burning the CBD down now!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm with you there. Apparently my perspective is just a big joke to people anyway, so I think I will leave this topic where it is.
All I would say mate it that you came out of the gate pretty hard with your first post and while I understand your passion it instantly puts anyone with an opposing opinion on the offensive then it goes from being a conversation to a slanging match and we are all guilty of that one.cheers bro

Last edited:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine at this present moment if Tony was PM?

A strong believer of 2 cocks which should never be slapped against each other under any circumstances, and throw in the "end of the world climate denial"

The alarmists would be burning the CBD down now!
Literally he’d be like omg I can’t even.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All I would say mate it that you came out of the gate pretty hard with your first post and while I understand your passion it instantly puts anyone with an opposing opinion on the offensive then it goes from being a conversation to a slanging match as nd we are all guilty of that one.cheers bro
Na mate. His feelings are on the right side. He has every right to have a meltdown and then complain if people think he’s pmsing

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree about caring about ourselves tbh. That’s why we shouldn’t have a bitch about what trump does aye lol. But in the same breadth you’re still worrying about what others in Australia are doing, maybe we should worry about ourselves and not force shit on other people.
Can't disagree with that. But not too fussed on anarchy. Small steps with the environment. Take the arguing and divisiveness out of it.

Was that a vienna loaf or french stick?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mr Musk has thought of that.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't disagree with that. But not too fussed on anarchy. Small steps with the environment. Take the arguing and divisiveness out of it.

Was that a vienna loaf or french stick?
You keep fallen back on divisiveness. What exactly do you mean by that? I’m assuming you mean people who don’t believe in the fairy tale of global warming are causing division?