Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Apparently Mark Beretta went on a tirade that was every bit as sanctimonious as the Telecrap write up. Sunrise is such a bottom feeding show. An essential part of the prototypical Aussie racist's breakfast just like Winnie Blues and cornflakes with VB. If it were Cronulla they'd be laughing it off as boys being boys.
On behalf of the kennel, who the fuck is Beretta? Another no name **** who has never played a sportin his life?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And another thing Todd Greenberg remember who gave you a start to where you are now Kant

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The club should stalk Phil Rothfield & take photos of him every night, when he gets on the piss.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...lSF&utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_medium=Twitter

Not sure if it's been posted yet.

Proud to be a Bulldog? Not even close
FIONA BOLLEN, The Daily Telegraph
an hour ago
Subscriber only

BOYS will be boys. Guess what? Times have changed. And it’s time to accept it, and deal with it.

I’m wearing a few hats when it comes to looking at the Bulldogs’ Mad Monday situation.

I’m a mother of two boys.

I’m a lifelong Bulldogs fan, I’m a member. My whole family supports the club and my children have been given no choice in the matter either.

I’m the women’s sport editor at News Corp and I’ve covered rugby league for eight years.

Under each of those hats not once do I find an iota of empathy for what these boys (and their behaviour makes them boys, even though they should be men) did and the situation they find themselves in today.

My two boys haven’t quite got into rugby league yet. My eldest is close to the age where he’ll really start following the team soon. Next year might be the year and I look forward to it.

But today I am glad he hasn’t got into it.

I’m glad I don’t have to explain why the club is in the headlines and all over the news. I’m glad I don’t have to explain to him why one of the players he looks up to is nude on the front page. I would then follow that with a conversation as to why that is not acceptable behaviour.

It’s embarrassing.

In Coles this morning they were selling NRL team-branded reusable shopping bags. Along the bottom was the club’s hashtag — ‘Proud to be a Bulldog’.

The irony. Proud is not how I feel.

On top of all of that, for the past month we have been working hard in the build up to the start of the women’s NRL premiership this weekend.

There are so many amazing stories among these players. A lot of them have children and are juggling work and family life around this competition simply so they can pull on an NRL jersey.

They’re not doing it for the money. They are getting paid, but it’s not enough to live off and it’s only for a few months. They’re doing it because they love the game. They want to play it and they want the privilege of being able to say they’re a rugby league player.

What a shame there probably won’t be enough space tomorrow for another one of their stories, for you to learn about who they are before they take the field this weekend.

You won’t read as much about the men’s games either. One of the most exciting first round of finals for as long as I can remember but some of those yarns will likely get squeezed out too.

The Bulldogs issued a statement saying the behaviour was “unacceptable and a poor reflection on the individuals involved and the club. The players are aware of their responsibilities and the standards required when representing the club and yesterday’s behaviour was unacceptable and a bad look for the game.”

They now have to conduct a review into it; take time that would have been spent going over a season on-field that needs plenty of analysis and instead investigate antics at an end-of-season party and determine appropriate punishments.

I’ve heard the defence: they are boys in their 20s. It’s true, it is an age when decision making isn’t a strong point. I lived on campus on university, I know how boys in their 20s can be. Nudity often went hand in hand with drinking. Yes, it happens.

But it also happened at parties on campus, in a private setting. When someone was dumb enough to do it in public or at a bar, they were kicked out. They were told they were stupid. It was unacceptable.

I also went to university in a different time. Society’s standards have changed. Some people call it being a wowser or too PC, but it’s evolution. It’s learning and growing. Understanding how your actions impact on others.

If I were at a pub at 5pm on a Monday and a roaringly drunk 20-something male, who was built like a brick shithouse, got completely nude I would be appalled. I would be intimidated. I would be nervous.

I wouldn’t want it ignored. I would want to say, ‘pull your head in mate, and your other one, and show some goddamn respect’. I probably wouldn’t because I’d also have concerns about my safety.

Quit the boys will be boys BS. How about we hold our boys to higher standards? Why don’t we tell them they can be better than that?

And then maybe I can put my hats back on and proudly watch, read about and enjoy the NRL.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Josh Morris gives the bird to the Telecrap on instagram. Apparently liked by 1,000 including Souths Adam Reynolds and Greg Bird. Then deleted. Way to go Josh a true bulldog standing up for the boys.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well, here we go again. Woke up to news of this and had a think about it and then read the article and saw the pictures this afternoon. Makes me burn........

Do the reporters from the Tele have nothing better to do than follow our boys around? Sensationalism at its best but not the most important news item today but on the front page nonetheless. We should have known I guess because the media do it every year hoping to find some dirty little secret that they can splash all over the front pages of the paper.

Yeah, not the smartest thing the boys have ever done, but honestly no one would have been any the wiser if it was not the subject of a Telegraph witch hunt. The reporter JUST happened to be there at 1pm when most of the guys arrived and JUST happened to be within camera shot of the nude player. JUST happened to snap the shots of the cheekiest section of the dance and a players hand reaching for a feel. JUST happened to invade the privacy of the club function to which they were not invited. Not nice I know but once again would have been using a long distance lens to capture the photo .Is that not a form of voyeurism; did the reporter ASK if he /she could take a photo? The balcony obscured moist of the action and if it was as open and evident as the paper seems to say it is WHY HAVE THERE BEEN NO OTHER PHOTOS OR FILM PUT ON LINE IN SOCIAL MEDIA.???????????

Every little thing in relation to the day has been revealed including the fact that Lewis was put in a cab some six hours after the incident worse for wear. Things that were said by the players were quoted verbatim and details of what they did in relation to playing the pokies etc. were published in the article.Why? To sell a few papers and goodness knows even though they like to tell everyone that so many people read their paper many are turning away because of the shit way they run their publication....I rarely read it anymore and only did so just to see exactly how the incident was reported.

They of course had to blank out the dangly bits so as not to offend but what offends me is the fact they then used a photo cover up of the club emblem. Front page news then today and a rather long article a few pages further in. Todd will be rubbing his hands together with joy at the thought of a fine for our club but what will make him even happier will be the fact that the Cronulla news can be relegated to fish and chip paper material so as not to put any type of shadow on his precious finals series.

NOW Trent Merrin was pictured doing a nudie run ( An unnecessary one as he had scored a try this year anyway) and vision of that with his team mates applauding and egging him on was on the news last night and on FOX who showed vision of his dangly bits obscured by an emoji to which they all laughed and snickered and made comments about ' the size of the emoji" THAT vision was willingly submitted and the player concerned was well aware of the action being filmed. NOW.......will Penrith be fined and hauled over the coals and fined/ punished for this because in my mind what they did was premeditated and deliberate and they KNEW that the vision would be broadcast...

I am utterly sick of the crap thrown at us..tell me did the media hang around the other clubs Mad Monday celebrations????? Did they have their reporters and photographers waiting for any little thing to put in their paper?

Lastly I am a member of the YMCA and in our change rooms there are signs stating that cameras and mobile phones are prohibited in those said change rooms and that at all times the welfare of children should be thought of. Guess the muppets in the media can say, do, or publish everything and anything they like whether or not it be in poor taste or with the express permission of those being photographed.

Adam Elliot will be mightily embarrassed and ashamed and will no doubt be the subject of ridicule from all directions. He did the wrong thing yes, but he did not ask or give permission for those photos to be published.He is a gentleman and in any conversation I and my family have had with him he has never said anything distasteful, he is always respectful and mindful of the way he should be acting. It had been a long and stressful season and the first real chance to relax and I know if he had the time over again he would not have done what he did...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hasn't this slut got some cleaning, cooking, or ironing to do?

Jack is the Reporter who wrote the story. Broncos supporter.
Anthony is the Deputy Editor who approved the article to go to press. He is also a pervert with twisted artwork in his house.

upload_2018-9-4_17-27-8.png

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
On behalf of the kennel, who the fuck is Beretta? Another no name **** who has never played a sportin his life?
He’s the sports guy from the Sunrise breakfast show. I don’t watch it, but read an article with fine if his comments at work this morning.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...lSF&utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_medium=Twitter

an hour ago
Subscriber only

BOYS will be boys. Guess what? Times have changed. And it’s time to accept it, and deal with it.

I’m wearing a few hats when it comes to looking at the Bulldogs’ Mad Monday situation.

I’m a lifelong Bulldogs fan, I’m a member. My whole family supports the club and my children have been given no choice in the matter either.

I’m the women’s sport editor at News Corp and I’ve covered rugby league for eight years.

Under each of those hats not once do I find an iota of empathy for what these boys (and their behaviour makes them boys, even though they should be men) did and the situation they find themselves in today.

My two boys haven’t quite got into rugby league yet. My eldest is close to the age where he’ll really start following the team soon. Next year might be the year and I look forward to it.

I’m glad I don’t have to explain why the club is in the headlines and all over the news. I’m glad I don’t have to explain to him why one of the players he looks up to is nude on the front page. I would then follow that with a conversation as to why that is not acceptable behaviour.

It’s embarrassing.

In Coles this morning they were selling NRL team-branded reusable shopping bags. Along the bottom was the club’s hashtag — ‘Proud to be a Bulldog’.

On top of all of that, for the past month we have been working hard in the build up to the start of the women’s NRL premiership this weekend.

There are so many amazing stories among these players. A lot of them have children and are juggling work and family life around this competition simply so they can pull on an NRL jersey.

They’re not doing it for the money. They are getting paid, but it’s not enough to live off and it’s only for a few months. They’re doing it because they love the game. They want to play it and they want the privilege of being able to say they’re a rugby league player.

What a shame there probably won’t be enough space tomorrow for another one of their stories, for you to learn about who they are before they take the field this weekend.

You won’t read as much about the men’s games either. One of the most exciting first round of finals for as long as I can remember but some of those yarns will likely get squeezed out too.

The Bulldogs issued a statement saying the behaviour was “unacceptable and a poor reflection on the individuals involved and the club. The players are aware of their responsibilities and the standards required when representing the club and yesterday’s behaviour was unacceptable and a bad look for the game.”

They now have to conduct a review into it; take time that would have been spent going over a season on-field that needs plenty of analysis and instead investigate antics at an end-of-season party and determine appropriate punishments.

I’ve heard the defence: they are boys in their 20s. It’s true, it is an age when decision making isn’t a strong point. I lived on campus on university, I know how boys in their 20s can be. Nudity often went hand in hand with drinking. Yes, it happens.

But it also happened at parties on campus, in a private setting. When someone was dumb enough to do it in public or at a bar, they were kicked out. They were told they were stupid. It was unacceptable.

I also went to university in a different time. Society’s standards have changed. Some people call it being a wowser or too PC, but it’s evolution. It’s learning and growing. Understanding how your actions impact on others.

If I were at a pub at 5pm on a Monday and a roaringly drunk 20-something male, who was built like a brick shithouse, got completely nude I would be appalled. I would be intimidated. I would be nervous.

I wouldn’t want it ignored. I would want to say, ‘pull your head in mate, and your other one, and show some goddamn respect’. I probably wouldn’t because I’d also have concerns about my safety.

Quit the boys will be boys BS. How about we hold our boys to higher standards? Why don’t we tell them they can be better than that?

And then maybe I can put my hats back on and proudly watch, read about and enjoy the NRL.
She lost me at.....I’m the women’s sport editor at News Corp and I’ve covered rugby league for eight years.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

an hour ago
Subscriber only

It’s embarrassing.

Is this Bitch on the Kennel?

(See what I did there lol)

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No surprise without us paying fines the incompetent money hungry National Rorters League would fold.
We have probably funded the referees end of season trip, luncheon, whatever it is they have. In my opinion any fines levied should be given to the grass roots footy to help them out in the country not into that big black hole of the NRL coffers where it usually goes.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

an hour ago
Subscriber only

It’s embarrassing.

Her boys are probably embarrassed that Mum is a journalist & don't care what their players do.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fiona. Works at the Telecrap and is a bulldogs supporter.Wow now I’ve heard everything. Sorry not a dogs supporter. Dosent she know her paper ‘can’t handle the truth’ and if she is worried about her kids seeing a bulldogs player in the nude on the front page then she should hand in her resignation because her paper should think of the kids before they published it. So who is irresponsible there

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

an hour ago
Subscriber only

It’s embarrassing.

Their behaviour makes them boys? Yeah, well your behaviour and writing makes you another mindless member of the lynch mob and your choice to write for the gutter press makes you a shameless social vandal. You should be prouder to be a Bulldog than you are to be a News Corp journalist, Fiona.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Na, rather talk to someone with at least half a brain, princess.

PS did you merge both brain cells to come up with that lame comeback?

PPS why do you hang around in a Dogs forum? Your own fans can't stand you?
I'm on the Tigers forum more than I am here. Just come by every now and again to make sure you blokes aren't suicidal.

P.S. Some of the shit on this thread is actually starting to get fkn weird. You guys need to calm down fr.

Status
Not open for further replies.