Sweet Caroline - Consolidated Mad Monday Saga Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If it was a business function and employees did this in public; do you reckon the company would let them keep their jobs if was plastered all over the front page?

Action before engaging brain has been the reason we have been so poor on the field; now it extends to how we appear in public.

The club will be forced to take serious action, or we will look like anything but a family club. These clowns may have jeapordised their careers.
Hey buddy they are keeping their jobs, this is footy not the corporate world (which engages in far worse things).

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just heard on the news that a glass was broken and players were playing the pokies. That will probably happen to me before lunch today. It really is a nothing story although it does show some inexperience from Andrew Hill and Dean Pay by not shielding the function from the public. They’ll learn and do it smarter next time.
It's my night off work tonight so I'm gonna go out and will likely do the same thing throughout the night. Won't get naked though as it's still gonna be cold and I can't afford any shrinkage as it is.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey buddy they are keeping their jobs, this is footy not the corporate world (which engages in far worse things).
Haha fuck me some of my work xmas parties when I was working for a certain supermarket company where well off tap and a lot worse stuff went on compared to the Dogs Mad Monday. Thing is I don't recall anyone being fired for anything that happened at the xmas parties. We did get band from having any future functions at one club. Moral of the story is nothing really, just worked with a lot of loose ***** at the time.

SKY-DOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Omg, now on the today show there saying police are investigating the incident.. talk about Weaponised Media trying to create something out of nothing..

DogzPride

Waterboy
Reaction score
The media are a bunch of wankers. it clearly looks like the boys are having their fun on a private hotel/house balcony and the filthy stalking media have been just waiting to catch ANYTHING they can to print in the media. I bet NOTHING would EVER be posted of the Melbourne storm like this, pathetic !!!!!!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Omg, now on the today show there saying police are investigating the incident.. talk about Weaponised Media trying to create something out of nothing..
Probably just making things up as they go to make it more incriminating than it actually should be. Just need the club they were at to come out and say "the boys were no trouble at all" and hose down the media beat up.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That pretty tamed compared to Corporate functions I have been to over the years lol

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
7 other teams celebrated (6 actually because Manly didn’t) why didn’t any reporters stalk them?

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Garbage headlines. Telecrap should write a story about predatory journalism

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Actually this is REALLY BAD. If Foran was involved we should definitely sack him...

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
time to boycott the DT again Bulldogs. I've never bought the garbage 'newspaper' myself but if they're going to start targeting us again for the boys unwinding after a tough season then block their access and f*ck them off for good.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They booked the joint back in April ffs give them break

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the news for non playing related matters only means we are ready to make headlines on the field
Bring on 2019

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gilbert - Like everyone else, boys just enjoying themselves. Only humiliating themselves no harming anyone else.

Stefanovic - Sitting on the fence

Gardiner - Oh, won't somebody think of the children. Typical of a female reporter.
Haha. Yeah, stay away from rugby league parents. When your son has become a professional football player and is aged 18+yrs old, they will attend a mad monday function and get pissed.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone with half a brain would know the only club that would be stalked by the media on mad Monday is the bulldogs. There were 7 other teams doing the same thing, but the media was never going to be interested in them.

So we should have been well prepared and had mad Monday where the media couldn't access it, the worst they would have got was a few photos of the boys heading home after the event.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha. Yeah, stay away from rugby league parents. When your son has become a professional football player and is aged 18+yrs old, they will attend a mad monday function and get pissed.
Yep, I'm sure if their kid is making good money playing footy the parents wouldn't give a shit then.

My son plays footy and I can't wait until he's old enough to have a beer with the old man.

Status
Not open for further replies.