Support runners

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem like we have so many chances to create a line break or an attacking move but when one of our players has there arm free for an offload, there is no one there backing them up to run off them. Our backs especially Patten, should be lurking around the rucks looking for that ball that will put them through a gap.

This is something that i have noticed and is something we have alotttt of improvment in, we can be so much better in attack (which sucks atm). We need runners to hit holes and look for those passes that will put them through a hole, come on boys, start playing to your potential.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
one out running. it is a real shame

i see other teams running up with 2 or 3 forwards, putting defence under pressure.

this year we are hitting up one out all the time.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
We have the best offloading forwards in the game

SBW, Mason, Koups, O'meley

yet where not taking advantages of it, with poor support runners, its a shame

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
We have the best offloading forwards in the game

SBW, Mason, Koups, O'meley

yet where not taking advantages of it, with poor support runners, its a shame
lol, i'm not a big fan of the shrek offload!

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
me neither, shreks offloads scare the hell outta me lol

Supremacy

Maz's Superman
Reaction score
Im a fan of the shrek offload, but it just hasn't worked in recent times.

Kouparitsas hasn't done much in my eyes. Yeah he has been solid, but so has roberts and everyone is calling for his head.

We definately need more support runners, but the ball usually finds its way to Hazem and he is the slowest of our back line and he usually runs 50 meters in field and makes an extra 5 meters the right way >_>

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
his offload are so hard, usually flung into Corey's face or like he's trying to bowl a bouncer into the ground, lol

he needs to have soft hands!

Supremacy

Maz's Superman
Reaction score
The problem is right there, the offload goes to Corey. Enough said.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Yeh atleast corey is in a position to recieve them when we should have backs flying through but they just arnt there which is sad

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
well Corey is there ready for the play the ball, so of course he is there :p

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Yeh atleast corey is in a position to recieve them when we should have backs flying through but they just arnt there which is sad
Hughes is great at sniffing when an offload is about to occur. i'm still in favour of him being in the side.

H

Hazmak

Is it just me or does it seem like we have so many chances to create a line break or an attacking move but when one of our players has there arm free for an offload, there is no one there backing them up to run off them. Our backs especially Patten, should be lurking around the rucks looking for that ball that will put them through a gap.

This is something that i have noticed and is something we have alotttt of improvment in, we can be so much better in attack (which sucks atm). We need runners to hit holes and look for those passes that will put them through a hole, come on boys, start playing to your potential.
Bring back Lamb! The BEST support player in the History of our club imo

H

Haztrick

So true. People where talking about it last year and how it's an area we need to fix but so far that hasn't been the case. Cleal is a player who lurks in support a lot, but apart from that, our support play is quite bad.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Is it something we can't fix?

Or does it not work with our style of play?

I don't understand.

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol, i'm not a big fan of the shrek offload!
Someones gotta do em! Roberts can't and Hughes didnt catch a player on the chest all night!!!

P.s Patten is our only support runner. Big problem with the Dogs. Such a waste

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
BUMP....we still havnt improved our support play at all. Sonny Bill is capable all the time of getting a ball away and can do so but has no one to give it to. It is really frustrating to see and annoying to watch because we can attack much better and be much more dangerous, if only we had a player like Wade Mckinnon is our side, he would get about 100 line breaks a season. Its something our players have to learn and if it does happen we will be a much better side.

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
the team should start picking up on the fact that if sonny bill is running with the ball, it isnt dead untill he plays the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.