Opinion Support play

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For such a shit team we make a decent amount of line breaks surprisingly but as you said no one backs them up.
Do we really?
I doubt it.
I reckon we'd be comfortably down the list on line breaks and have been for a number of years.....

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do we really?
I doubt it.
I reckon we'd be comfortably down the list on line breaks and have been for a number of years.....
Never compared us to the comp, I just said we make a decent amount of line breaks for how shit we are

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not certain how many tries we have scored of kicks, but must surely be amongst the worse in the competition

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you get 65%?
Sorry, forgot the disclaimer at the bottom.

Please note, any percentages mentioned in these comments are just the writers opinion, they’re a rough estimate only, the writer does not take any responsibility for incorrect percentages and advisers all readers to not take said percentages literally !

The writer also acknowledges the readers rights to alter, improve or correct on said percentages.

[emoji846]

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Besides the poor effort from a lot of our players, I felt a lot of bad decisions by the refs have contributed to our defeats this year.

The calls have clearly affected the morale of the playing group, and it baffles me that the club has been silent. Ffs bite the bullet, grow some balls, and call out the refs and show current and potential recruits that they will be playing for a club that has a backbone.

The club and fans look like total losers when we don't stick up for our boys when we don't stand up for ourselves.
I have to agree with you here mate, I’ve noticed changes in the way certain players do things compared to what they were doing in the first month or so, notably Presto, he still gives it his all, but I feel he’s been a little bit more tentative in the way he plays, maybe knocked his confidence around a bit.

I wrote a feed way back when we got robbed of the 2 points for that Warriors game about how CC needed to rip in and say the ref’s were wrong.

I stand by that, he should have called them out early and drew a line in the sand, we’ve been the ref’s whipping boys since then … no accountability …

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wasn't that one of the simplified instructions from Potter last season? Support the ball.

Seems the assistant doesn't like simple.
All these low effort areas and poor application are the reason why you have a coach... to coach it. They just aren't working hard for him and he is totally ineffective in getting them to compete.

We can't say we are weeding out the dead wood and things will improve...bc our better, long term players are playing just as bad and as disinterested as the rest of the team.

This aspect of our poor team spirit and inability of our coach to get the best out of the team must be addressed.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Besides the poor effort from a lot of our players, I felt a lot of bad decisions by the refs have contributed to our defeats this year.

The calls have clearly affected the morale of the playing group, and it baffles me that the club has been silent. Ffs bite the bullet, grow some balls, and call out the refs and show current and potential recruits that they will be playing for a club that has a backbone.

The club and fans look like total losers when we don't stick up for our boys when we don't stand up for ourselves.
Got to agree.

In that presser CC and Reed both just meekly accepted it and Reed even kinda got the blame for not being in front of Johnson!....no one else was around the ball carrier so we just shrugged our shoulders and accepted it.

Gus even accepted that Reed wouldn't have got there. That wasn't the point tho. The Warrior player was in front of Johnson running decoy making it impossible for Reed to get to him.

Even if he couldn't get there Gus and Ciro should have pointed out and complained about the decoy in front. Way less influential decoy runners have been penalised than that one this year.

We do act like losers and accepters of bad decisions in so many ways with both players and coaching staff.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that when Burto put his chandarayaan bombs up there is no one and i say this again absolutely no one chases these bombs.

There is absolutely no pressure on the opposition defence other than height the ball come down from.

Last week against the raiders was the same story, only once the high kick was chased by Averillo and that resulted in Laim Knight scoring a try.

But that was the only time I have seen any dogs player chase Burtons bombs.
The burto bomb is kind of a myth. He takes so long to wind up and hit that the chasers are already offside, The bounce is unpredictable and regularly comes back our way, when he mis hits them they go really bad. Would much prefer a controlled drop punt that finds space behind the back 3.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The burto bomb is kind of a myth. He takes so long to wind up and hit that the chasers are already offside, The bounce is unpredictable and regularly comes back our way, when he mis hits them they go really bad. Would much prefer a controlled drop punt that finds space behind the back 3.
The Burto bomb is a myth Scoobs, most players have taken them comfortably since his start of season foot operation, can’t remember the last time a player spilled one … yet funny enough they still persist with them, no plan B apparently …

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The Burto bomb is a myth Scoobs, most players have taken them comfortably since his start of season foot operation, can’t remember the last time a player spilled one … yet funny enough they still persist with them, no plan B apparently …
Tbf he doesn’t even put up his big torps that often.
He just bombs it normal most of the time

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has been bugger all support play since barba was carving them up in 2012

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ever since that vossy special on the button bomb it’s fizzled

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got to agree.

In that presser CC and Reed both just meekly accepted it and Reed even kinda got the blame for not being in front of Johnson!....no one else was around the ball carrier so we just shrugged our shoulders and accepted it.

Gus even accepted that Reed wouldn't have got there. That wasn't the point tho. The Warrior player was in front of Johnson running decoy making it impossible for Reed to get to him.

Even if he couldn't get there Gus and Ciro should have pointed out and complained about the decoy in front. Way less influential decoy runners have been penalised than that one this year.

We do act like losers and accepters of bad decisions in so many ways with both players and coaching staff.
The decoy was in an offside position, but I don't expect the refs to know the rules, he's just the watcher of the scores for the betting agencies.