Sunday Crowd Share: dogs vs Souths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Which team will have the greater share of the crowd on Sunday? Dogs supporters, or Souths supporters?

Both teams have a huge following.

A few factors that may influence the turn out of the respective teams:

• Souths fans knew one day earlier that they would be in the GF;
  • But fewer Souths' fan can afford tickets ;)
  • Dogs weren't expected to make the GF during the last half of the season/early semis; and
  • Souths' first grand final in an eternity;

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Interested to see who the neutrals go for..everyone I know hates souths but for some reason the older generation I talk too thinks it be nice for them to win..I guess there fans have become more of a bourdon on society of late. I'd die a happy man if souths never won another comp

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
I dont know whats better the Souffs story or the Cronulla story , fkn lol

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
We might have a few neutrals in our corner. I'd say a few roosters fans would have bought tickets and they hate the bunnies.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Go the Dogs! Mrs and I will be there. Taking night shift off work (sick) lol.
Lungs are ready to cheer our boys on. So pumped!

P.S Also to any admins that read this I have remembered my login details :grinning:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Most losing teams in finals I think like the team that beat them to eventually win the GF, they can then say that atleast we lost to the team who went on to win the GF. Rivalries aside that is of course. I think it will be 50/50 though with a massive amount of flags which will look awesome.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
60/40 Rabbitohs is my guess, they do have 35k in members. The color contrast of these two clubs alone will make for a spectacle.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
surprisingly every rorter fan ive spoken too want us to win nearly as much as i do due to their hate of souffs

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
55% Souffs 45% Bulldogs - I will be up the Northern End

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Yeah maybe 60/40 Rabbits to Bulldogs at start.
Near end 100/0 to Bulldogs as Rabbits wiill be hitting the exits.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd suspect souths to have more, a lot of the neutrals will jump on souths bandwagon.

interesting point on the Roosters fans, but I can't see them liking us all that much more than they like souths

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon we will have more fans for a few reasons, we aren't cheap band wagoner fans for a start and our club has a better spread fan base to be honest.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
70/30 rabbits. They seem to draw bigger crowds than us. And the neutrals as mentioned wont be hopping on the dogs.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every neutral (excl roosters fans) are going for souffs.
Some misguided sense of history I expect.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Interested to see who the neutrals go for..everyone I know hates souths but for some reason the older generation I talk too thinks it be nice for them to win..I guess there fans have become more of a bourdon on society of late. I'd die a happy man if souths never won another comp
Interesting you say that, I remember in the 80's when the NRL judiciary was around, if the officials missed what some people called foul play during a game and because there was no game review committee there were times when some players did get away with some really ugly foul play with only one referee on the field.
To combat this the NRL decided that the non offending club could officially site a player via the right channels and only then would the offending player be charged and then subsequently cited to appear before the Judiciary for punishment.
This was by 2 clubs as a form of "dob in you fellow players", which had a nasty effect on player relationships in those days because it was generally accepted that what happened on the field must stay on the field etc etc
There were only 2 clubs who refused to participate in citing players who committed undetected foul play when ever they played each other and those 2 Clubs will be facing off against each other on Sunday. The Bunnies and the Mighty Bulldogs!! these two clubs have always had respectful rivalry between them (Bullfrog Moore days)!!!
The club that started all the citing in the first place was Parramatta!!, any slightest hint of foul play the Eels would cite the player/s without question, couple that with having to share Belmore Sports Ground with this club while Parramatta Stadium was being built for a couple of seasons created to this day unprecedented rivalry between the slimy Eels and our mighty Club.
In saying all that, I guess because of this past history and a "BIG IF" the Doggies happen to be very unlucky to lose this weekend then I would not begrudge the Bunnies their victory, If it was the Cocks, The Eels or the Horses then only would I be completely be P***d off because I hate these 3 teams with a passion!!!

tomisbester

Waterboy
Reaction score
Couldn't have said it better myself!! I HATE SOUTHS! Bring on Sunday

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Every neutral (excl roosters fans) are going for souffs.
Some misguided sense of history I expect.
They just feel a bit sorry for souths I think, the whole 40 years of never winning, getting kicked out of the comp and multiple wooden spoons in the past 2 decades.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They just feel a bit sorry for souths I think, the whole 40 years of never winning, getting kicked out of the comp and multiple wooden spoons in the past 2 decades.
Plus a lot of people (who are neutral) don't like some of our guys and like the Souths players. I am up home atm and the only player I hear good things said about from our side is Graham. Plenty of bad things about Ennis and JR and somewhat surprisingly there is this one guy who absolutely detests Lafai. Lot of love for McQueen, Tuqiri, Teo and GI (obviously as it is in regional QLD), as well as the Burgesses, Walker and Johnston. I think Souths are just the easier team to like for Neutrals in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.